GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm est, 2-11-2016

WildCard

For some, maybe even for most, this is the team to hate. The Fog Game, the brawls of the late 90's, the Umberger hit, the 98 playoff series and brawl. This was everything you could possibly hate if you were lucky enough to watch hockey back then. So, because I'm a little tired, and some of these clips and pics could do a way better job and stoking the fire for some of you that watched those games, here you go:

The Sabres will look to bounce back after having a 4 game point streak snapped. After losing 7-4 in epic fashion against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night, Buffalo looks to drink deep from the character created from that loss, one that saw continual comebacks, a pissed of Jack Eichel, and Evander Kane going 3-0 in fights. Lehner was pulled after giving up 4 goals in barely over 1 period of work. McCabe got a taste at forward, and ROR was double-shifted a ton to make up for the unexpected losses of Girgensons and Larsson

Larsson and Girgensons are still questionable, though one or both is unlikely to play given the call up of Justin Bailey from Rochester. Bailey will make his first ever NHL appearance, and it couldn't be more fitting to have it come against an old Sabres rival, perhaps the oldest rival indeed. 

Game Preview 

STATS:
All Stats Buffalo @ Philly (3-1 win) 
All Stats Buffalo @ Florida (4-3 OT win)
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Wednesday Practice Report

However, in a corresponding move to the Bailey recall, Girgensons was placed on injured reserve. Both Girgensons and Larsson last played on Saturday in Boston. Girgensons has been out since Monday's practice while Larsson was injured during Tuesday's morning skate.

Bailey, a Buffalo native, has adapted well to the American Hockey League in his first professional season, ranking second on the Rochester Americans in goals (10) and fourth in points (23). He's scored 11 points (5+6) in his last eight games alone.

Forwards:

Nicolas Deslauriers - Ryan O'Reilly - Jamie McGinn

Evander Kane - Sam Reinhart - Brian Gionta

Marcus Foligno - Jack Eichel - Matt Moulson

Daniel Catenacci - David Legwand - Justin Bailey

Blue-Liners:

Zach Bogosian - Mark Pysyk

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber - Cody Franson

Goalies:

40 Robin Lehner

31 Chad Johnson

1054749_1280x720.jpg

By the way, those videos are ###### awesome. That hockey was so much damn fun to watch. Made me rethink my position about some things 

Edited by WildCard

With living an hour away from  Philly, I can not stress how much I hate the Phlyers. These are nights I take off from work just to avoid people! Please, let them play as well as they did in the first two games against them this year. It makes my life so much easier.

Until directv, Phlyer, Ranger and Islander away games (along with the "game of the week" on whatever channel was carrying such - USA, ESPN, NBC - whatever) were all I got to see. I will never complain about anything RJ says after having to listen to Gene Hart for 20 years!

I would love to see Kane-Eichel-Bailey tonight

It would be nice, but I think we're more likely to see him with Catenacci and Legwand like WC posted.

BTW, great GDT as usual WildCard. Thank you.

Seeing these GDT photos lately makes me miss Ennis. Even when he's struggling, he brings some excitement on offense to the Sabres.

Matt Moulson has not scored a goal in 41 games, does he net one tonight :oops:  ?  

It would be nice, but I think we're more likely to see him with Catenacci and Legwand like WC posted.

BTW, great GDT as usual WildCard. Thank you.

Seeing these GDT photos lately makes me miss Ennis. Even when he's struggling, he brings some excitement on offense to the Sabres.

Matt Moulson has not scored a goal in 41 games, does he net one tonight :oops:  ?  

If I was told it was possible for Moulson to have scoring problems, especially one this bad, I would've said yeah right. Just goes to show a name and previous numbers are not a guarantee for the next season. Granted, the Sabres have had injuries, but an excuse like that can only go so far. Come on Moulson. Light the lamp tonight!

If I was told it was possible for Moulson to have scoring problems, especially one this bad, I would've said yeah right. Just goes to show a name and previous numbers are not a guarantee for the next season. Granted, the Sabres have had injuries, but an excuse like that can only go so far. Come on Moulson. Light the lamp tonight!

I wish it was just his lack of scoring, but seems to be a zero all across the board. Not contributing at all. What a disappointment 

I wish it was just his lack of scoring, but seems to be a zero all across the board. Not contributing at all. What a disappointment 

It is, but it makes you wonder how a player with the talent he has shown can fall off so much in such a short time.  Are there other factors going on?  Some kind of personal issues?  Does he not fit the play style of the coach?  Even then, he's bound to show something every now and then.  At the moment he seems to be lagging behind the game.  Then again, he might just be the biggest byproduct of his surroundings and given the changes he'll never recover. 

Go Sabres!

It is, but it makes you wonder how a player with the talent he has shown can fall off so much in such a short time.  Are there other factors going on?  Some kind of personal issues?  Does he not fit the play style of the coach?  Even then, he's bound to show something every now and then.  At the moment he seems to be lagging behind the game.  Then again, he might just be the biggest byproduct of his surroundings and given the changes he'll never recover. 

Go Sabres!

My running theory is that he did the work and got paid. Motivation was gone after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.