Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Barry Popik -- whom the Wall Street Journal once called "the restless genius of American etymology" -- and Bill Parcells -- who is often credited with coining the phrase -- would beg to differ: 

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/jag_just_a_guy

I don't have a problem with the move in theory -- all depending on the value of the player, the anticipated demand for the player once he hits waivers (or is he just cut and then it's FA status?), the Bills' need for the player, the asset given.

Ironic, seeing as how Popik is Just Another Guy!

Bridgewater's Ambulance Call went out as a dislocated knee which could include ligaments, bones, nerve damage as well as a vascular injury. Not good

Where are our resident doctors? I need someone to explain to me how the hell this can happen randomly in a non-contact manner.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Well, it's official: dislocated knee, torn ACL, other structural damage...but no nerve or vascular damage. 

Holy hell. That sounds like damage that could go beyond this season

I wonder why NFL players get these severe non-contact injuries so much more often

Edited by WildCard

I wonder if it's true that players were vomiting. I do think it's true that he had to be sedated just to get the MRI.

Rapaport said he didn't mean literally vomiting, but they were very emotional.

Disclocated knee, fully torn ACL. That's "it" which, all things considered, isn't bad. This is per the team.

Well, the Vikings release says "and other structural damage", so. Maybe it's just relatively minor like cartilage?

I am thankful for good news, such as it is.

A dear friend of mine has a nephew who's interning with the Vikings this season -- he said he heard from his nephew that the vomiting was real (two players, specifically).

Knowing myself, I would not have puked -- I'd have straight passed out.

Where are our resident doctors? I need someone to explain to me how the hell this can happen randomly in a non-contact manner.

Usually a torsion injury, the foot is planted and doesn't move as a the rest of the body is in twisting motion. This results in a large amount of force on a joint which is not well constructed in humans to begin with.

Usually a torsion injury, the foot is planted and doesn't move as a the rest of the body is in twisting motion. This results in a large amount of force on a joint which is not well constructed in humans to begin with.

Yupper! Did it to my left knee when I was 14, skiing. I threw a 360 opposite my natural rotation direction. Got lazy on the landing...it worked out poorly for me. Made it back for spring baseball season at about 75%. Was 100% by summer ball. I'm certain that he has better doctors than I had.

just a guy

it's funny: there are many stats that would support the notion that he is (or at least often is) "clutch."

just a guy

it's funny: there are many stats that would support the notion that he is (or at least often is) "clutch."

just a guy

guy chokes way too much. that doesn't mean he cant throw a mean football. HoF QBs are more in control of football games.Romo found interesting ways to personally lose football games many many times over the years.....'clutch' is a difficult quality to show with stats. like accuracy or throwing ability is difficult to show  with completion %...-like comparing Fitzy(ive seen better arms on 6th graders& no accuracy on anything other than over the middle) vs Fergy(pinpoint accuracy and above avg arm strength).we both know who has the greater completion %.Completely misleading stat.

guy chokes way too much. that doesn't mean he cant throw a mean football. HoF QBs are more in control of football games.Romo found interesting ways to personally lose football games many many times over the years.....'clutch' is a difficult quality to show with stats. like accuracy or throwing ability is difficult to show with completion %...-like comparing Fitzy(ive seen better arms on 6th graders& no accuracy on anything other than over the middle) vs Fergy(pinpoint accuracy and above avg arm strength).we both know who has the greater completion %.Completely misleading stat.

I'm no Romo fan, and I share the view that he too often manages to lose games, rather than win them.

But I was stunned to read that, over the course of his career, he is the leader or among the top in QB rating in the 4th quarter and in the month of December.

Being elite in the 4th and during December are usually pretty good signs.

I wonder if, with Romo, many of us are guilty of buying into media narratives and internet memes.

Holy hell. That sounds like damage that could go beyond this season

I wonder why NFL players get these severe non-contact injuries so much more often

Probably the turf, never been a fan of all the fake grass they are now using for football over here as well.

harder on the knees and ankles.

I'm no Romo fan, and I share the view that he too often manages to lose games, rather than win them.

But I was stunned to read that, over the course of his career, he is the leader or among the top in QB rating in the 4th quarter and in the month of December.

Being elite in the 4th and during December are usually pretty good signs.

I wonder if, with Romo, many of us are guilty of buying into media narratives and internet memes.

I wonder if it's all because of that fumbled field goal hold.

Karlos Williams posted an emotional message as he moves away from Buffalo. So much respect for him. He could do what many players do and hold a grudge against the team for giving up on him so easily but he's taking responsibility for his part in the whole thing and moving on with fond memories, it seems.

https://instagram.com/p/BJxsQ4DBoW2/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.