Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I know it's well known JK was an ass but was he also known to be legitimately stupid? Because Chad Kelly is legitimately and objectively stupid.

I agree with all this especially that jim wasn't a rocket scientist

Damn, Chad Kelly might be an ###### like his uncle was, but apparently he can run an offense like his uncle could, too.

For a half at least. FSU is no joke. They can run like deer.

I ###### hate the NFL. More and more.

Why? I love watching a 60minute game in 4.5 hours because of 3.5 hours of commericials for I won't buy while the NFL still doesn't know what a catch is and if you jump up and down in the endzone it is penalty but hey punch your wife in the face and the NFL doesn't give a crap. Sorry, endrant/

Seantrell Henderson facing 4 game suspension for substance abuse, under appeal as it is related to his Crohn's Treatment.

If it's related to his treatment, the NFL can ###### right off with that.

IF he was self-medicating w/ a little of the reefer, there is no way the league will let him win an appeal. If it was prescribed by a Dr., would still be surprising if he won the appeal. Though his case would then appear legit, can't see them willing to go gray on that issue as long as it's banned federally & w/in the league.

Early reports seem to indicate the failure wasn't for a steroidal treatment of Crohn's. Could see him winning an appeal on that to at least a reduced suspension.

Hope the starting T's don't go down the 1st 4 weeks. Not impressed w/ the backups other than Henderson.

I love how the NFL is the only major sport still concerned over marijuana use.  absolutely ridiculous, especially if someone wants to use a more natural route for pain killing rather than the manufactured painkillers they shove down their throats.  I have no problem with athletes using marijuana.  

I love how the NFL is the only major sport still concerned over marijuana use.  absolutely ridiculous, especially if someone wants to use a more natural route for pain killing rather than the manufactured painkillers they shove down their throats.  I have no problem with athletes using marijuana.  

Ever notice how many pharma commercials there are in an NFL game?

Does anyone really think Seantrel didn't know he wasn't supposed to smoke pot?

Does anyone really think Seantrel needed to smoke pot for his medical condition?

Give me an effing break.

Whether or not pot should be permitted is beside the point.  The point is that everyone knows what the rules are and most players abide by them, but some players can't be bothered to do so.

This is yet another example of an undisciplined, low-character loser brought in by DW and RR acting in a me-first manner to the detriment of the team.

Does anyone really think Seantrel needed to smoke pot for his medical condition?

I do.

And so do many doctors - including the doctor who treats the wife of one of my college roommates. Last I heard, her Crohn's went into complete remission after she treated with medical marijuana for a 6-month course.

I'm sure a Googling of the matter would turn up all sorts of write-ups on the subject.

Give me an effing break.

Whether or not pot should be permitted is beside the point.  The point is that everyone knows what the rules are and most players abide by them, but some players can't be bothered to do so.

This is yet another example of an undisciplined, low-character loser brought in by DW and RR acting in a me-first manner to the detriment of the team.

This surprises me from you, who like me, is willing to give Evander Kane and Pat Kane the benefit of the doubt while we await details.

It's a little premature to jump to that conclusion, isn't it?  We don't even know what the substance is yet, much less why he was taking it.

Give me an effing break.

No - you give ME a break from such speculation and nonsense.

And I'd urge you not to waste your time being an apologist for a league that is so self-contradictory and has its collective head so far up its ass that -- while, yes, it is printing money -- it does not know whether it is coming or going half the time.

This surprises me from you, who like me, is willing to give Evander Kane and Pat Kane the benefit of the doubt while we await details.

It's a little premature to jump to that conclusion, isn't it?  We don't even know what the substance is yet, much less why he was taking it.

Well, I based my post on Hoss' report upthread, which seemed pretty definitive.  You are certainly right that he could be mistaken.

No - you give ME a break from such speculation and nonsense.

And I'd urge you not to waste your time being an apologist for a league that is so self-contradictory and has its collective head so far up its ass that -- while, yes, it is printing money -- it does not know whether it is coming or going half the time.

Sheeeesssshh.  Am I the only one who believes Hoss' reporting?

As for the NFL -- I don't think I'm apologizing for it.  I'm increasingly turned off by it, in fact, between the number of sociopaths it employs and my moral qualms about watching guys literally beat each others' brains in for my entertainment.  But none of that excuses Seantrel for breaking the rules, IMHO.

I'm sure a Googling of the matter would turn up all sorts of write-ups on the subject.

Indeed it did.

There's a fringe element to some of the stuff I saw, which I guess is to be expected.

Anyway. I note with interest that the great State of Ohio includes Crohn's as one of the conditions that will justify the prescription of medical marijuana.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/06/medical-marijuana-law-in-effect-thursday-but-no-pot-for-two-years.html

Patients will be able to get a recommendation from a physician for a 90-day supply of marijuana edibles, patches, oils, tinctures and plant material. Vaporizing marijuana will be permitted, but smoking will not. Home growing is banned.

Patients qualify if they have any of the following conditions: HIV/AIDS; Alzheimer's disease; Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); cancer; chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE); Crohn's disease; epilepsy or another seizure disorder; fibromyalgia; glaucoma; hepatitis C; inflammatory bowel disease; multiple sclerosis; pain that is chronic, severe, and intractable; Parkinson's disease; post traumatic stress disorder; sickle cell anemia; spinal cord disease or injury; Tourette's syndrome; traumatic brain injury; and ulcerative colitis.

Give me an effing break.

Whether or not pot should be permitted is beside the point. The point is that everyone knows what the rules are and most players abide by them, but some players can't be bothered to do so.

If you want to hang your hat on "rules are rules" then that's your business. But bloviating about a medical situation you have zero information about simply because you want to take a shot at Whaley? That's some incredibly weak sauce right there.

Sheeeesssshh.  Am I the only one who believes Hoss' reporting?

As for the NFL -- I don't think I'm apologizing for it.  I'm increasingly turned off by it, in fact, between the number of sociopaths it employs and my moral qualms about watching guys literally beat each others' brains in for my entertainment.  But none of that excuses Seantrel for breaking the rules, IMHO.

My apologies for getting a little heated up. The NFL's hypocrisy does that to me. I didn't care for the seemingly casual way in which you heaped Henderson on a scrap pile of bad guys, when, in fact, it would appear that using (medical) marijuana could have been a very effective way of treating his disease. 

I've never been a fan of marijuana myself, as a recreational drug. Setting aside the issue of criminal penalties for buying or possessing, it just didn't do anything pleasant for me. Maybe I was too uptight about it.

Anyway, the point here (with that "I don't smoke" caveat out of the way) is to say that it is by now clear that marijuana has many useful medical applications and that, as recreational drugs go, it is far less harmful than alcohol. 

Crohn's is an awful disease. If Seantrell (sp?) was using it, on a controlled or non-controlled basis, in order to manage it, then there should be no repercussions for him in the NFL.

But of course there likely would be. Because reasons.

Edited by That Aud Smell

If you want to hang your hat on "rules are rules" then that's your business. But bloviating about a medical situation you have zero information about simply because you want to take a shot at Whaley? That's some incredibly weak sauce right there.

Do you have any family members that have Crohns disease?  I do.

Do you think pot is the only medical treatment for Crohns?

Do you think there was a reason that Seantrel lasted until the 7th round?  In the spirit of avoiding a "zero information" situation, you might check this out:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

I think it's clear who is "bloviating" here.

Do you think pot is the only medical treatment for Crohns?

It's reportedly among the best ones for many people who suffer from it. That's enough for me.

Do you think there was a reason that Seantrel lasted until the 7th round?  In the spirit of avoiding a "zero information" situation, you might check this out:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

From where I sit, the reason appears to be that the NFL has a dumbass view of its "need" to police marijuana use by its players.

As someone who buys pot legally for medical reasons, in a state where it is still illegal for recreational use, I kinda have to side with nfreeman here. Heck, I've held my Crohns at bay for decades now,... wait, I don't have Crohns.

Sounds like you've been successful in holding it at bay then

As someone who buys pot legally for medical reasons, in a state where it is still illegal for recreational use, I kinda have to side with nfreeman here. Heck, I've held my Crohns at bay for decades now,... wait, I don't have Crohns.

As someone who bought a ton of pot for medical reasons, in a state where it wasn't legal when I was doing so, I'm going to side with the player IF that's the substance and his reason for taking it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.