Tyler Ennis concussion?

Onceagain

Ennis isn't as skilled as St. Louis and isn't nearly as thuggish as Marchand, but I have seen flashes of Briere in him.  More than just flashes, actually.  Given some space and another playmaker, I think there's a lot he could do.  I would love to see them try him with Reino and Zemgus.

He has to up his game to get to the Holzinger/Plante level let alone Briere. I see where this team is heading, and I just don't see a spot for Ennis.   

He has to up his game to get to the Holzinger/Plante level let alone Briere. I see where this team is heading, and I just don't see a spot for Ennis.

He's better than Holzinger, probably better than Plante, but Plante skipping the Olympics because we needed centers buys him some extra cred in my book. He isn't close to Briere at present, and it's doubtful he's ever there. He has flashes but never seems to have them in clutch time, which is where Briere brought it.

I find myself going back & forth on whether Ennis fits in on a winning Sabres squad. He could, but I also can see him being a key piece of a quantity for quality deal. (There has to be SOME quality going out to make those deals happen, & knowing how much TM values size, I could definitely see Ennis being the solid NHLer the Sabres give up in a package. )

I find myself going back & forth on whether Ennis fits in on a winning Sabres squad. He could, but I also can see him being a key piece of a quantity for quality deal.

This is exactly where I'm at. Which is why, if he were to be dealt, it would be in the off-season -- a proverbial "hockey trade."

• 1 month later...

How tall was Briere?

Or Gionta? 

I think Ennis is a really good player and can add goals and assists to a team that needs them. He was like everyone else on this team early on trying to figure out where he fit. It took some players months to find a niche and chemistry and Tyler will be the same next year, I suspect. 

Or Gionta?

I think Ennis is a really good player and can add goals and assists to a team that needs them. He was like everyone else on this team early on trying to figure out where he fit. It took some players months to find a niche and chemistry and Tyler will be the same next year, I suspect.

Breire - 5'9"

Ennis - 5'9"

Gionta - 5'7"

Be sure to subtract 2" from each as they all are measure with their skates on.

Read the update on Ennis today. Yikes -- the guy suffered seizures, couldn't drive.

Seems like he's turned a corner. I hope he continues to feel well.

Jesus, I'd pray he retires if it happens to him again. He's too good of a guy to deserve those problems long term. Not to mention I'd hope he doesn't become Tim Connelly because had he retired prior to his Toronto stint he'd likely have been remembered more as a great player who's concussions destroyed him rather than an injury prone flameout.

Jesus, I'd pray he retires if it happens to him again. He's too good of a guy to deserve those problems long term. Not to mention I'd hope he doesn't become Tim Connelly because had he retired prior to his Toronto stint he'd likely have been remembered more as a great player who's concussions destroyed him rather than an injury prone flameout.

Just curious, which hockey players are bad enough to deserve it?

Just curious, which hockey players are bad enough to deserve it?

Not many, maybe Raffi Torres/Matt Cooke level punks who go out of there way to injure other players. But even with them I'd not really wish seizure level concussion problems on anyone barring terrorists and dictators. So concussions with "minor" long term effects would be ok in my book since Torres did concuss other players on purpose. But that really is as far as it goes.

Not many, maybe Raffi Torres/Matt Cooke level punks who go out of there way to injure other players. But even with them I'd not really wish seizure level concussion problems on anyone barring terrorists and dictators. So concussions with "minor" long term effects would be ok in my book since Torres did concuss other players on purpose. But that really is as far as it goes.

What do you gain from knowing anyone, regardless of how evil they are, has seizure level concussion problems?

What do you gain from knowing anyone, regardless of how evil they are, has seizure level concussion problems?

Simple schadenfreud (sp?), sir. We don't actually gain anything but sometimes it's fun to envision the misfortune of others. If Tom Brady and Bill Belichick were to be stricten with ass cancer or AIDS from a contaminated blood transfusion I can't honestly say that I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it.

Simple schadenfreud (sp?), sir. We don't actually gain anything but sometimes it's fun to envision the misfortune of others. If Tom Brady and Bill Belichick were to be stricten with ass cancer or AIDS from a contaminated blood transfusion I can't honestly say that I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it.

Ass cancer is a little extreme, but if I found out one gave the other one Chlamydia, I'd probably throw a party.

Was talking with my lead CT tech and asked how does a concussion cause a seizure. Usually he says if the trauma causes fluid build up and resulting intracranial pressure results in conditions where a seizure can occur. Scary. Have seen them with high fevers, similar cranial pressure effect.

Edited by North Buffalo

Is anyone troubled by the fact that Tyler Ennis has to wear a tinted visor because bright lights bother him?

Kaleta went through the same thing awhile back.

I'm more troubled by the seizures.

Edited by We've

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.