Sabres at Senators 7:30

spndnchz

IMO they've continued the path they were already on. The drafting and trading of youth has finally caught up with them. I think they'd look much the same if he was still there.

I can't really see a way to prove either. An interesting point though, I hadn't thought of that. Didn't they abrubtly decline after he left?

Ullmark over Lehner?

Considering Ullmark hasn't really been tested as a true #1 do you think he is durable enough to handle a #1's work load?

Do think the Sabres believe Lehner is there guy?

I can't say either way. Ullmark has such a small sample size and Lehner's games as a Sabre are of him injured or coming off of one.

Ullmark held his own in MODO with a full work load. More than held his own I believe. I think he can and really has the drive to be great in this league

I'm not sure Murray cares which one wins the job, as long as one of them win. It'll be Ullmark and Lehner in net next year IMO

Do you think the Sabres believe Lehner is their guy?

I like to think they're looking at a two-headed Swedish monster.  I can abide by that.

The Sabres scored 3 goals today, and totaled ONE assist on the score sheet. Insane.

I thought the second Eichel goal should have had at least an assist by Girgs.  He took the shot that was not controlled by the goalie that Eich tapped in.

EDIT:  How good would the Sabres play if they actually played *together*?  ;)

Lehner...Ryan Miller 2.0 in the emo department. Except that Lehner is metal emo, which is less endearing than plain old emo.

Less endearing, more intimidating.  Point to Lehner.

Edited by The Big Johnson

Agreed. But they seem to felt that Neil kicking the puck from Anderson made it 2 distinct pkays rather than 1 continuous play w/ the Sabres maintaining possession.

Razor toldt you to say that didn't he?

Girgs seems to like the role of supporting a star. While he can do stuff, he's willing to not take the accolades and assist others. He seems to value winning more than anything. He works well with Eichel, like he had with Ennis, because he seems to just understand that at any moment the puck may find him or to be on the lookout for them to find space. 

Great win! The end was nailbiting but they definitely were tired so I'm only somewhat angry with their turtling.

Girgs seems to like the role of supporting a star. While he can do stuff, he's willing to not take the accolades and assist others. He seems to value winning more than anything. He works well with Eichel, like he had with Ennis, because he seems to just understand that at any moment the puck may find him or to be on the lookout for them to find space.

This has always been Girgensons's game.  It's what makes him so valuable.  A similar attitude is also a strength of Reinhart.  We need Eichel to be a star, and I hope Kane gets there too (tonight was a good effort on both their parts), but you also need the feeders, the two-way defenders, the guys who will work the boards and the dirty area in front of the crease at both ends.

It's not consistent but it's getting a bit more persistent:  The Sabres are developing chemistry and gelling.

ROR:

TOI =  21:16

FO% = 57%

Risto:

TOI = 28:01, the most by 6 minutes (Mike Weber had the 2nd most)

Eichel:

TOI = 17:11

Goals = 2

FO% = 38%

Mystery Player:

TOI = 18:08

FO% = 47%

Mystery Player:

TOI = 21:36

For those of you that want even lines, this is it. Excluding the 4th line, every forward but 2 was in the 18-15 minute range for TOI. The defense is all Rasmus, then everyone else who is currently playing the best. Right now it's Weber, but TOI for everyone else, was 18-15 minutes, with Pysyk at 17:58 and Franson at 15:16. What is that, a 2-3 shift difference? 

The 4th liners? Well, they get under 7:00 each.  For comparison, check out how Ottawa plays their lineup. Karlsson, btw, had over 31 minutes. Dude played over half the ###### game. 

http://sabres.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020735

Edited by WildCard

TOI (Mike Weber had the 2nd most)

For some reason, this makes me happy.  He may be playing some of his best hockey in years, and it's good to see him get rewarded.  Don't underrate his contribution to the team, both in game, and as a teacher to the young dudes.

Someone may have noticed this before me, but on the first Eichel goal, Zemgus purposefully gets in Karlsson's way so Karlsson can't block the wraparound attempt

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/692176115675353088

Tricky.  No assist, but he contributes to the goal.  He does so many things like that.

Someone may have noticed this before me, but on the first Eichel goal, Zemgus purposefully gets in Karlsson's way so Karlsson can't block the wraparound attempt

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/692176115675353088

He seems to have found his niche.

Our top line in the near future could realistically be: Girgensons - Eichel - Fasching

Could that be what happens? I can legitimately see it at this point, if Fasching is able to put it together on the big stage.

Nice win to go into the break with.  I can't wait until Eichel figures this league out.  Pysyk needs to spend some serious time in the weight room.  Lehner is looking like he's getting his feet under him. 

Montreal then Boston twice after the ASG.  Should be interesting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.