GDT: NYI at Sabres FNC 6 pm 12/31/15

Brawndo

The Sabres take on the Isles in the last game of what has been an interesting year for the team.

Note the earlier start time as it is Tux and Pucks Night for NYE

No AM Skate as they played last night.

The Zemgus-Eichel-Gionta showed a lot of promise last night.

Likely no Ennis as he deals with an UBI

Sabres Game Day Preview

http://sabres.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/m_gamecenter?id=2015020556

Edited by BRAWNDO

Well, if there's a team the Sabres SHOULD beat, it's the lowly Islanders.

:unsure:

This is Tavares's __ year in the NHL? I'm not sure, and shan't Google it.

I do get to wondering: Will the Sabres likewise take a few years before they ripen into a playoff team/contender?

See also, the Panthers.

This is Tavares's __ year in the NHL? I'm not sure, and shan't Google it.

I do get to wondering: Will the Sabres likewise take a few years before they ripen into a playoff team/contender?

See also, the Panthers.

Took the Isles 4 years to go from drafting Tavares to playoff team. Their rebuild was a lot different than ours though, I think (no Reinhart-equivalent, no O'Reilly trade, etc.). And I have a lot more confidence in Murray than anyone had in early days Garth Snow. Even if this year is a bit slower than I had hoped, I still have this basic framework in mind:

This season: signs of what's to come, but plenty of growing pains, ~80 points.

2016: 6-8 seed with a lot of excitement

2017: real contender, possibly a favorite

Took the Isles 4 years to go from drafting Tavares to playoff team. Their rebuild was a lot different than ours though, I think (no Reinhart-equivalent, no O'Reilly trade, etc.). And I have a lot more confidence in Murray than anyone had in early days Garth Snow. Even if this year is a bit slower than I had hoped, I still have this basic framework in mind:

This season: signs of what's to come, but plenty of growing pains, ~80 points.

2016: 6-8 seed with a lot of excitement

2017: real contender, possibly a favorite

The Isles have been saddled by Wang (great band) and budget restraints, which might be lifting soon. They're very patient, which can be a good thing. It still feels like they're wasting an elite talent like Tavares by not adding more around him. They need a little something something to get over the top.

C'mon, fellas.

I really want a win tonight.

I have such fond memories of the NYE games I attended in my younger days -- three, in all (IIRC (I may not)).

Agreed - I attended a couple with my mom, before I was old enough to take a date. Sabres on NYE memories are ALMOST as special as the open practice memories

4th in six and the second half of a back to back after traveling home to face a good, fast team, rested and waiting. Why don't I have a warm fuzzy about tonight's outcome? Somebody talk me off the ledge.

GO SABRES!!!

This is definitely the year you score that midnight kiss. At a minimum you'll dodge the slap this year. Go get em' kid.

:nana:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.