Updated Evander Kane Cleared in Sex Offense Investigation

Brawndo

Hmm. Not an unfair point. I looked at his Instagram. It used to be populated with various photos of his girlfriend. There are none there now. Maybe he is ... rebounding, so to speak.

I guess he isn't scoring there either...

That Aud Smell, on 28 Jan 2016 - 3:18 PM, said:

Hmm. Not an unfair point. I looked at his Instagram. It used to be populated with various photos of his girlfriend. There are none there now. Maybe he is ... rebounding, so to speak.

I'm sure there's a build-up of testosterone he is dealing with.

I expect the only cause for concern would be that he should be acting better from a "team standards of behavior" perspective. 

I see no reason for him to have to give up whatever extracurricular things he likes to do, with presumably willing participants, regardless of how distasteful they might be, simply because he might be under investigation for a sex offense investigation. As though he is obligated to act like he's guilty. 

Bingo.

I have a thought on snap chatting and "down in DMing". First I'll say that everyone's different and to each his own. I don't care and my view of him isn't relevant to anyone except me.

On to my thought.

If I were an advisor of his, or a friend, I'd tell him to knock it off.

He's being investigated by men and women for a sex crime. There will be dozens of facts and circumstances. Investigators, or human beings, are going to have to apply their judgment with regard to if, or how, they move forward. To an extraordinary extent, his future is in the hands of others who will apply their best judgment. Who knows how a snapchat story affects even one investigator, prosecutor, or witness? The stakes are high and he's in a situation he can only tangentially influence. It's just unwise (dumb might be a better word) to be seen as a reckless skirt chaser in this situation.

When the Feds are investigating you for a bank robbery, buying pink Cadillacs and lighting cigars with $100 bills isn't smart, even if you're using 1st communion money.

One person's judgment call could change the trajectory of his life. Put the cell phone down.

Edited by N'eo

Smell and Hoss, please stop saying he's being investigated FOR doing something. It makes it sound like he's guilty.

They're just words. And I think that's what YOU think they're hinting at. ;)

I have a thought on snap chatting and "down in DMing". First I'll say that everyone's different and to each his own. I don't care and my view of him isn't relevant to anyone except me.

On to my thought.

I were an advisor of his, or a friend, I'd tell him to knock it off.

He's being investigated by men and women for a sex crime. There will be dozens of facts and circumstances. Investigators, or human beings, are going to have to apply their judgment with regard to if, or how, they move forward. To an extraordinary extent, his future is in the hands of others who will apply their best judgment. Who knows how a snapchat story affects even one investigator, prosecutor, or witness. The stakes are high and he's in a situation he can only tangentially influence. It's just unwise (dumb might be a better word) to be seen as a reckless skirt chaser in this situation.

When the Feds are investigating you for a bank robbery, buying pink Cadillacs and lighting cigars with $100 bills isn't smart, even if you're using 1st communion money.

One person's judgment call could change the trajectory of his life. Put the cell phone down.

Well said, as always. I hope your son is half as elegant and thorough as he would be doing well for himself and the world surrounding him if he is.

Well said, as always. I hope your son is half as elegant and thorough as he would be doing well for himself and the world surrounding him if he is.

Most grateful ... and I hope he's half as passionate, diligent, energetic and courageous as you.

Smell and Hoss, please stop saying he's being investigated FOR doing something. It makes it sound like he's guilty.

He's being investigated for *something*. Cops don't impound vehicles for shits and giggles.

Whether he *did* anything (criminal) remains an open, unresolved question.

I don't think I've implied otherwise.

As a journalist, you surely know the difference between saying someone is being charged with murder and someone is being charged for murder. Evander Kane is not being investigated for a sex offense. There's a less loaded way of saying it.

As a journalist, you surely know the difference between saying someone is being charged with murder and someone is being charged for murder. Evander Kane is not being investigated for a sex offense. There's a less loaded way of saying it.

You're assuming I'm a decent journalist.

I used "for" as well. I think your language works better.

I can't tell the difference between with and for.  I think it must be because the word charged. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.