Updated Evander Kane Cleared in Sex Offense Investigation

Brawndo

Evander Kane speeding on public roads: problem.

Evander Kane using his phone while speeding: bigger problem.

Evander Kane looking for women who want to shag: who cares. 

None of that can be proven in a court of law.   He's done nothing wrong.

So if you don't get caught you did nothing wrong. Got it.

Admittedly I speed too often and most of us do I would think. I know someone, a husband and father of two who's my age and he took a picture of his speedo while going down the 33 and the needle was buried.

All I could think of was you're an idiot. Mind you 90 mph is not that type of idiot at all but do you need the problem at this point in time if you get stopped?

Edited by beerme1

So if you don't get caught you did nothing wrong. Got it.

Admittedly I speed too often and  most of us do I would think. I know someone, a husband and  father of two my age and he took a picture of his speedo while going down the 33 and the needle was buried.

All I could think of was you're an idiot. Mind you 90 is not that type of idiot at all but do you need the problem at this point in time if you get stopped?

I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong... well, mmmmuhhh, actually I did, well I meant "nothing wrong" in the eyes of the legal system.

The only (provable) wrong thing he did was sending a snap.     Everybody speeds, some more than others... everybody uses there phone while driving too... and that doesn't make it right.  

At least he didn't crash into a Tim Horton's and flee the scene.    

Evander Kane looking for women who want to shag: who cares. 

If you're under investigation for an alleged sexual assault in an incident that is alleged to have taken place at a hotel following a hook-up at a bar, it is a bad look -- like, a really bad look -- to joke about using (or actually use) social media to identify women to pursue for sexual relations.

I'm increasingly turned off by the guy.

Mind you. If he were on pace to pot 30, I'd care a whole lot less. But if you're not bringing that to the team, then I have less patience for the other stuff.

Regardless it's dumb as hell and simple to avoid. He's under investigation for a sex crime. Just don't do it. Voila.

Tend to agree.

He's a free man. He can do whatever he wants.

Blechk.

Your point? 

If you're under investigation for an alleged sexual assault in an incident that is alleged to have taken place at a hotel following a hook-up at a bar, it is a bad look -- like, a really bad look -- to joke about using (or actually use) social media to identify women to pursue for sexual relations.

I'm increasingly turned off by the guy.

Mind you. If he were on pace to pot 30, I'd care a whole lot less. But if you're not bringing that to the team, then I have less patience for the other stuff.

Tend to agree.

Blechk.

I see you want to cast stones too. 

I see you want to cast stones too. 

I'm not throwing stones. I just think it reflects poorly on him to be broadcasting a playa's lifestyle and attitude on his social media accounts (the same accounts where he'll be sure to let you know every time he does something nice for the proverbial kids) when he's under investigation for a sex assault.

And, to me, that's a pretty easy call to make: Blechk. 

Delta. Bravo. In the extreme. And maybe worse than that.

There it is  :lol:

I try to keep it real.

That perspective, btw, also reflects how severe I'm being here. I'm not super exercised or calling for the guy to be disciplined by the team. I just ... I don't like it.

I'm not throwing stones. I just think it reflects poorly on him to be broadcasting a playa's lifestyle and attitude on his social media accounts (the same accounts where he'll be sure to let you know every time he does something nice for the proverbial kids) when he's under investigation for a sex assault.

And, to me, that's a pretty easy call to make: Blechk. 

Delta. Bravo. In the extreme. And maybe worse than that.

I try to keep it real.

That perspective, btw, also reflects how severe I'm being here. I'm not super exercised or calling for the guy to be disciplined by the team. I just ... I don't like it.

I expect the only cause for concern would be that he should be acting better from a "team standards of behavior" perspective. 

I see no reason for him to have to give up whatever extracurricular things he likes to do, with presumably willing participants, regardless of how distasteful they might be, simply because he might be under investigation for a sex offense investigation. As though he is obligated to act like he's guilty. 

I see no reason for him to have to give up whatever extracurricular things he likes to do, with presumably willing participants, regardless of how distasteful they might be, simply because he might be under investigation for a sex offense investigation. As though he is obligated to act like he's guilty. 

Problem is that this is new behavior, too. I've followed him on social media for some time and he's posted some shirtless pics and whatnot. He's never outwardly pursued this type of action, though, as far as I've seen. The other day he also said "DM me something if it's nice."

It just makes sense not to do it. It's almost as if nobody ever had consensual sex without first pursuing a female through social media or something. Ya know, discreetly.

Edited by Hoss

There's the rub, innit? 

We'll agree to differ on what is advisable or appropriate broadcasting of behaviour from someone under investigation for a sex offense.

And that's a distinction worth making: I don't so much care that he's doing it. It's the social media aspect of it that is the most problematic.

The other day he also said "DM me something if it's nice."

Fook's sake. 

He obviously gets off on pushing the envelope.  His hockey IQ might be average, but he ain't no dummy.  He knows what he's doing, and his lawyers are probably calling him every time he posts something like that.  He's a social thrill-seeker. 

He obviously gets off on pushing the envelope.  His hockey IQ might be average, but he ain't no dummy.  He knows what he's doing, and his lawyers are probably calling him every time he posts something like that.  He's a social thrill-seeker. 

Interesting take.

Sounds a bit borderline pathological to me.

Problem is that this is new behavior, too. I've followed him on social media for some time and he's posted some shirtless pics and whatnot. He's never outwardly pursued this type of action, though, as far as I've seen. The other day he also said "DM me something if it's nice."

It just makes sense not to do it. It's almost as if nobody ever had consensual sex without first pursuing a female through social media or something. Ya know, discreetly.

He was engaged, no?  I wonder if that's off now so he's cruising.......

I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong... well, mmmmuhhh, actually I did, well I meant "nothing wrong" in the eyes of the legal system.

The only (provable) wrong thing he did was sending a snap.     Everybody speeds, some more than others... everybody uses there phone while driving too... and that doesn't make it right.  

At least he didn't crash into a Tim Horton's and flee the scene.    

Got it and lol at the drive by for ROR :w00t:

He was engaged, no?  I wonder if that's off now so he's cruising.......

No man living at a Marriott in Buffalo is truly engaged.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.