Dunleavy is

Radar

State in the title what you want to talk about. Dunleavy is what? A good cook? A fine purveyor of wine? A Japaneses geisha? A waffle loving fool? A wonderful announcer? A terrible announcer? A flower pot?

Since when did you steal freeman's job?

Edited by The Big Johnson

Yeah but he's right.

Anyway. He's growing on me. I definitely like his PBP. I don't like that I can't tell which team scored. He should have a little more in it when it's the Sabs.

If you need the announcer to help you figured out who scored maybe you need a new prescription :nana:

If you need the announcer to help you figured out who scored maybe you need a new prescription :nana:

That'd carry more weight if he wasn't also the radio PBP. :) I end up listening to a bunch of games per year for various reasons. I haven't really noticed the issue people are talking about, but that's because I'm usually doing something else and only really pay attention when something happens.

That'd carry more weight if he wasn't also the radio PBP. :) I end up listening to a bunch of games per year for various reasons. I haven't really noticed the issue people are talking about, but that's because I'm usually doing something else and only really pay attention when something happens.

Often times he won't even mention that somebody scored and then you realize a few moments have gone by and there hasn't even been any action on the ice. 

Maybe I'm critical of those who are in the biz, and their creativity (I'm overly critical of people as it is when  it comes to a lack of range of vocabulary, I probably shouldn't because I'm probably guilty of it as well) however I hold the professionals to a higher standing. But there are some announcers that all use the same cookie cutter cliches and the only thing that separates them from the next cookie cutter announcer is their tone of voice. He is full of cliches, part of the reason I'll shut off almost any game Brian Engblom. As much as I criticize Emrick, he doesn't recite the same cliches and buzzwords, he has created his own style with a high level of journalistic integrity. I listened to the Edmonton feed tonight and it was refreshing to hear a crew that speaks candidly instead of trying to mimic all the rest. 

I'm probably too critical, but when I start hearing 'dirty areas', 'head on a swivel', 'literally', 'time and space', (I could go on) I usually just change the feed. It irks the hell out of me. You're a professional, open up a damn thesaurus. 

Thats what I thought, but he left out the ____________________.

Well,_________. 

"Booooone Jenner".....

I like him. He would probably be more creative if he wasn't filling in for a local legend. In all honesty, I like the broadcast team from top to bottom. I would love to be stranded in a hotel bar for a weekend blizzard in Winnipeg with these guys. The off the record stories would be off the charts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.