GDT:Sabres at Islanders 11/1/2015, 7:30 pm

nfreeman

I really had no problem with the officiating. There were some missed calls, many of them minor. I prefer the officials let them play, saving the penalties for only the most blatant infractions. As long as they're consistent and don't decide to start making calls in the 3rd just because they can. I can live with missed minor calls...... 

Just once, I want to watch Moulson take a shot while standing still in the offensive zone. I am so sick of watching him forecheck only to reach the puck a split second too late. 

Larsson and Foligno created a lot of space for Eichel, but he's not yet ready to single handedly lug the mail yet.  If HD really doesn't want to see Eichel and Moulson together, why not reunite last year's top line?  Moulson - Girgensons - Ennis would be a decent choice if you want to roll 4 lines.

Legwand with a beautiful play on the game-winner.  Glad Samson was able to pot another one.  I don't mind letting Samson play on the 4th line, because even those guys know how to play hockey.

I really liked Foligno's play tonight.  He doesn't cough it up anywhere near as much as he used to.  

Didn't like Deslauriers on the top line again.  He needs to get a lot fewer minutes, 16:46 TOI is absurd.  Only O'Reilly (20:46), Ennis (20:51), and Zemgus (17:05) had more ice time among forwards.

Ullmark was very impressive.  I expected HD to ride the hot hand, and was not disappointed.

Rasmus was excellent tonight.  Forwards thought twice before entering his corner of the ice, and that stretch pass to spring Moulson was seeeeick.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Separately:

- I think Ullmark is the #1 until he loses it.

- the Sabres looked pretty tired until after the Isles scored. They came to life and had the better of the play for about the last 25 min of the game. Neither team was exactly storming the beach in this one.

- the Isles' forecheck dominated the game for the first 35 min of the game. Ullmark played very well during that stretch.

Agreed about Ullmark

Actually what was not stated was this was the 4th game in 6 days in 4 different cities and especially 3 games in 4 days, their legs had to be weary and they still looked the fresher team in the 3rd period.

A pretty impressive victory, plus teams are watching the tape and I don't believe they are being overlooked anymore and they are starting to get a feel for what we do. Again a pretty impressive victory for this team IMO and a confidence builder.

On icing the team should be required to keep the net empty. You should be required, as always, to keep the same players on the ice.

That would be a VERY interesting rule change.  That would turn it into an even bigger gamble to pull the goalie. 

Awesome that he's exuding that sort of confidence.  The team was badly out played in the second before rebounding in the third.  Reinhart getting the pass from Legwand of all players to bury home a win will do nothing but wonders for his confidence.  It was a tight win, but we didn't have more than 3 wins when trailing last season in 42 match ups.  Ristolainen is clearly the "Doughty" of our D-Core.

Not one penalty called on either team the entire game.

Nice win, but it was kind of a snoozer to watch.

It was a bit of a snorer, especially after the whirling dervish type goal that snapped in from de Haan in the second.  The team just kept chipping away.  Great win for the team!

Ullmark makes me feel warm and fuzzy. He's got work to do though. Teams will figure him out.

Also love how I just heard the Sabres cheer in the locker room. These guys are becoming a team.

That's good!  It's such a sigh of relief outside of that hiccup last season in December this team is night and day from last season.  The dregs of despair to just peering out into the light at the end of the tunnel.  The Shire versus the Gates of Mordor.  

Leenus I'm not Linus Ullmark is nothing but a breathe of fresh air.  Watch out Lehner someone's coming to getcha :P

post-4352-0-44725300-1446465529_thumb.jpg

For those that were there, Is the Barclay's Center the mausoleum it seemed to be on TV?  Just curious.  Might have been the less than firewagon nature of the game being played and the conflict with the Mets last night as well.

First Isles game I've watched this year, and after reading about all the complaints about the building (obstructed seats for the most part) from fans, and staring at the stupid car in the corner, it seems a less than ideal setting for a game. 

looking at our november schedule, I'm glad we got a win no matter what.   Will be a rough month I think.

Ullmark playing like this probably also makes murray in no need to waste assets on another goalie.

If linus gets 1st star next game I'm hoping for this one :D

Awesome! I've played hockey and lacrosse. Goalies are weird! Hallelujah that.

This was awesome, whether it was intentional or not  :worthy:

It wasn't.

Delay in showing the post led to press post a second time.  The result was awesome, as many have pointed out, but was not intentional.  The double posting seems to have started a trend.

So, bottom line is ...

While my new Samsung Galaxy Core LTE is, indeed, a *smartphone*, NS is not yet a smart user of it.

While my new Samsung Galaxy Core LTE is, indeed, a *smartphone*, NS is not yet a smart user of it.

Would it be too much to ask to post the twitter thing you are referencing in your copy and paste so we don't have to leave the site to read 

140 characters. And I often find they are changed or removed. 

Thanks. 

It's an image, so you kind of have to go to twitter to see it.  It's Bylsma pumping his fist as he walks into the dressing room.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.