GDT: Philadelphia @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 10/30/2015

WildCard

Game day... Friday.. no other plans...

That means a tasty beverage (uncertain of how many reps I'll do)

And some hockey on the TV....

I am stoked.  Also, might be a bit of fireworks.  You figure Ennis was injured in the Flyers game.. those gratuitous cross-checks that were not called didn't help.  Bring on the hitting.

Buffalo is 4th worst in the league with a -10 goal differential through 10 games.     After the past few years we're all familiar with how that works itself out in the standings.... folks, we're headed for a bottom 5 finish, at best bottom 10.    And I'm OK with it because they're getting better.    

Buffalo is 4th worst in the league with a -10 goal differential through 10 games.     After the past few years we're all familiar with how that works itself out in the standings.... folks, we're headed for a bottom 5 finish, at best bottom 10.    And I'm OK with it because they're getting better.    

Might not be the best stat to go off of, considering the 7-2 blow out we had

After last night, #Sabres up to 2nd in the NHL in SOG at 33.6 per game. No. 1 is tonight's opponent. #Flyers at 34.1.

#Sabres aren't alone w/goalie issues. There are nine teams -- nine! -- with a save percentage under .900 (BUF at .877).

This season can be saved but we need a goalie to make that happen. If tonight unravels in net, a trade HAS to be made. No more waiting for me, this team has the firepower to win and it's coming....

Depends on the longterm strategy.  If you don't see the team getting far in the playoffs, maybe you don't worry about making the playoffs.  If you're not worried about making the playoffs, then the overall record means little, and perhaps the learning how to play (and eventually how to win) with a mediocre goalie will make the overall team better for the long haul.  Then add a top-tier goalie at the trade deadline or the off-season and you're looking at a strong team next year.

I'll be in the 6th row aisle seat in section directly behind goal we shoot at twice. Will I be able to see the goal line area or will the boards get in the way? Either way I'm excited about the game. I think Eichel has a coming out game of sorts.

Ullmark vs Neuvirth in goal tonight

Can we trade for Neuvirth before the game??  After the game? 

Getting amped.... I know this because I've taken to checking this place multiple times a day when before I wouldn't bother... I couldn't handle the sadness.

Pairs?

Possession progression: The #Sabres rank 6th in the @NHL in corsi for % (53.3%) entering tonight. Buffalo finished at 37.5% last season

I want to know where they get their stats. I know the Sabres are up there but no place I look have I seen them as high as the claims I've heard. 

Lots of people aren't sure where to go for fancy stats. Isn't the NHL itself publishing all of these stats this season?

I'll be in the 6th row aisle seat in section directly behind goal we shoot at twice. Will I be able to see the goal line area or will the boards get in the way? Either way I'm excited about the game. I think Eichel has a coming out game of sorts.

Even people in the front row can see the goal/goal crease. That said, IMHO, other than the excitement of being that close to the ice, low is the worst place to see a hockey game.

Lots of people aren't sure where to go for fancy stats. Isn't the NHL itself publishing all of these stats this season?

Even people in the front row can see the goal/goal crease. That said, IMHO, other than the excitement of being that close to the ice, low is the worst place to see a hockey game.

Thanks, pA. I figured the front couple rows would be able to see the crease area, but don't know if the angle of ascent was sufficient to allow further rows to too.

I agree about sitting higher. I'm usually happy to sit center ice area in the 300s, but 20 year old daughter has different ideas. Can't imagine why...

To me Ullmark looked like a guy who wasn't used to the speed of the game at this level in his first start.  His movement and anticipation were just a little slower than they need to be.  Hopefully a week of practice has helped him.  I think he has the most talent of any goalie in our pipeline.  Just needs experience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.