GDT: NJ @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 10/24/2015

WildCard

Nothing specific, but a top 4 Damn and a prospect could come back I believe.... We have some horses up front (minus Kane injury) I just think he's too inconsistent, and this dates back before this season

Sounds reasonable.  I like Ennis, but I'd think long and hard if we could get a top 4 D-man and a prospect.

Differene between a fun couple months and months tortured by revisiting te trade and Kane's health. That and watching Gionta play 20+ minutes/game

Totally agree with Gionta.  20+ minutes and doesnt sniff the net.  Anyone know of his no movement status for this year?

Larsson's shot at the end was disheartening to say the least. At least Eichel gave us some hope though.

I'm still willing to give them until Game #25 before I start honestly expecting consistent results.

I certainly hope Kane's injury is minor

They are certainly a better team than the last two years, but their goaltending leaves much to be desired.

In regards to the HNIC thing with the Ducks, I've heard that Anaheim may trade Anderson.

Larsson's shot at the end was disheartening to say the least. At least Eichel gave us some hope though.

I'm still willing to give them until Game #25 before I start honestly expecting consistent results.

I certainly hope Kane's injury is minor

They are certainly a better team than the last two years, but their goaltending leaves much to be desired.

In regards to the HNIC thing with the Ducks, I've heard that Anaheim may trade Anderson.

It looked like a pull, but it could be the classic "LBI", week to week nonsense.  When he got up and at least was skating on it with even the slightest strength, my stomach unhinged at least 20% lighter.  Still a major disheartening moment.  

It looked like a pull, but it could be the classic "LBI", week to week nonsense. When he got up and at least was skating on it with even the slightest strength, my stomach unhinged at least 20% lighter. Still a major disheartening moment.

Gonna be that guy here: Karlsson skated off the same way when he tore his acl IIRC Edited by WildCard

For those who enjoy the Yeichel saga, and there are at least two of us... tonight Rick said Eichel, then Yeichel in calling Jack's goal. I am solidly back to my original theory — it's a glitch in Rick's coconut and not a planned call. He just sticks a Y in front for some reason. I *think* he even did it earlier in the game when Eichel had the puck. (But the fact it doesn't pop up more often does make me wonder if my theory is all hogwash.)

Edited by pASabreFan

Damn, I really thought Gorges would have fallen to #1 whipping boy status for this season. Gionta bring more to the table than the scoring that everybody is expecting out of him.

Ennis is Ennis, he brings certain aspects to the game that most can't. Not every player on the team can be 6'4" 230# and all sit in the paint waiting for a rebound.

Damn, I really thought Gorges would have fallen to #1 whipping boy status for this season. Gionta bring more to the table than the scoring that everybody is expecting out of him.

Ennis is Ennis, he brings certain aspects to the game that most can't. Not every player on the team can be 6'4" 230# and all sit in the paint waiting for a rebound.

Other than locker room stuff, there is literally not a single thing I've seen Gionta do well. Pk, pp, board play, passing, on the rush, clearing the zone, or getting net traffic. Every game I see him up all of these

I think it means nothing. As soon as possible for a severed leg is never.

That what my first thought. ASAP is all relative

O'Reilly with 3 points tonight. By far our best player so far this year.

But he was also on the ice for 4 goals against. He said that he has to be better.

I don't blame Ullmark, the coverage in the slot and around crease has been weak. Gorges got pushed around on one goal. As Mike Robitaiile would say, they need a knuckle dragger with snot coming out of his nose to clear the crease.

:w00t:  The first party they sent out from that airplane crash in the Andes said they'd be back ASAP.

You are colorful and irreverent. Post away!

I think it means nothing. As soon as possible for a severed leg is never.

Thought the same thing. "ASAP" and "soon" are different phrases. I didn't see the game and am only commenting on the language.

Man, could you imagine an in-his-prime Vanek pulling the trigger on Eichel's silky feeds?  :wub:

I used to like Vanek a lot but that last injury against Boston in the playoffs seem to do him in. To me he just doesn't seem like the same player since then. But then again the game has changed the last few years in more of a speed game. Seems like a lot more 18-20 year olds making the nhl these days compared to the past.

I have to say I have been pretty blah on Tyler Ennis for most of his career with the Sabres, I will say his attempt to play physical considering his size has been impressive and his skating without the puck and overall hustle is exactly what a fan should hope to see. I don't know what type of leader he is in the locker-room, his play on the ice should be speaking volumes.

If I am Johan Larsson I am hoping the video equipment breaks down or the game tape gets destroyed some how. Final 30 seconds in the game, the puck is on his stick at the top of the right face-off circle and his shot goes 5 feet wide on the far side? That was the Sabres final chance and it needed to make it to the net at the very least. I just don't see him finishing the season with the Sabres unless his play improves ten fold.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.