GDT: NJ @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 10/24/2015

WildCard

They gave up two breakaways. The skaters haven't outplayed anyone.

Those first two periods sure looked pretty dominant to me. Stopping breakaways qualifies as 'stealing a game'. None of goaltenders have done it yet. I'm not getting down on Ullmark, it's his first game. It's just the situation they're in. 

O'Reilly with 3 points tonight. By far our best player so far this year.

I think Eichel is a very close 2nd. After that nobody is remotely close.

I think some road games should do this team some good. Less pressure

Edited by WildCard

Isn't it Murray that is tasked to find a goalie if Robin Lenher has a extended injury?

The goal was never to solve all their woes this season

Yes if Lehner has a long term injury, GMTM should address it. I think giving all the Rochester guys a stab at it is a part of it. If that doesn't work, look at the trade market. I'm just not sure if scratching and clawing to 8th place is in Murray's vision.

Edited by inkman

Those first two periods sure looked pretty dominant to me. Stopping breakaways qualifies as 'stealing a game'. None of goaltenders have done it yet. I'm not getting down on Ullmark, it's his first game. It's just the situation they're in.

Third stringers and back ups are not expected to steal anything.

Real up and down game. Dominant for a large portion. Then some bad goals against shattered their confidence and they got jumpy.

Growing pains.

Frustrated and grumpy seem to be their identity so far. Times like this where a leader steps up in the locker room

The goal was never to solve all their woes this season

Sure but you don't want to rip the heart out of the team either.

Are you suggesting that Murray is looking to get a number of high draft picks again next year?

Another tank season?

Edited by hockeyhound

Third stringers and back ups are not expected to steal anything.

When you start the season with a goaltender that's out of shape, has concussion issues and still hadn't proven himself as a starter, you don't back him up with a career backup and a 22 year old that's never played before. You back him up with a veteran in the later stages of his career that can still put together some good games. 

This is another game that could have netted at least a point with average goaltending. 

Real up and down game. Dominant for a large portion. Then some bad goals against shattered their confidence and they got jumpy.

Growing pains.

Accurate assessment. It also looks like they are still trying to figure out where to be in the system. When they are wheelin they are better.

Accurate assessment. It also looks like they are still trying to figure out where to be in the system. When they are wheelin they are better.

When they're feeling the groove it shows. But when they get off their game it's really bad. They just have to be more confident in their team play.

When you start the season with a goaltender that's out of shape, has concussion issues and still hadn't proven himself as a starter, you don't back him up with a career backup and a 22 year old that's never played before. You back him up with a veteran in the later stages of his career that can still put together some good games. 

This is another game that could have netted at least a point with average goaltending.

Maybe you don't and I don't but that's what they did. To expect the back up and back up's back up to stone an NHL team is overly optimistic.

Unless the goal was never about this season. Then zero ducks given.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.