Reinhart: Fewer minutes in NHL or more minutes in AHL?

pi2000

Played only 11 minutes last night, was moved off Eichel's line down to the 3rd line and didn't see much ice in the 3rd.    With the way Eichel's line played with Girgensons on the wing, I doubt Reinhart sniffs a top 6 spot for the rest of the season unless injuries.

I'll say it again, +20 minutes in Roch is better than 10 min in BUF for his development.     Still too weak on the puck, seemed like he spent half those 11 minutes picking himself up off the ice.

Let's discuss this in November.  We don't have enough yet to accurately ###### Reinhart.

edit: assess has 2 ss at the end...

I was wondering what got ##### out.

I don't think he will be here in November. I think he goes to Rochester as soon as Gionta is ready to play, and only comes to the NHL for injury replacement duty. If Eichel says the only way I am with the big club is if he deserves it, same for Reinhart. Last night he didn't deserve it.

I know he had 2 assists last night

He averaged 13:14 minutes of ice time/game last season and played on the 3rd/4th line, with 4-28-32. My point is it's not uncommon for players like Reinhart to see limited ice time, Eichel and McDavid are the exception, not the rule

Edited by WildCard

I'm not completely opposed to him going to Rochester, but I don't think it would be detrimental if he stayed up. Now that this team has a couple of potent top 2 lines, he's going to be playing against 2nd and 3rd pair defensemen more often than he would have last year. And if lines get shuffled, as I'm sure they will, he'll get some opportunities to play with the top liners from time to time. If this was last year's team I would say send him down because that was a toxic environment. This year, he has more opportunities to grow.

Played only 11 minutes last night, was moved off Eichel's line down to the 3rd line and didn't see much ice in the 3rd.    With the way Eichel's line played with Girgensons on the wing, I doubt Reinhart sniffs a top 6 spot for the rest of the season unless injuries.

I'll say it again, +20 minutes in Roch is better than 10 min in BUF for his development.     Still too weak on the puck, seemed like he spent half those 11 minutes picking himself up off the ice.

Ted, we know you wanted Sam Bennett, but you shouldn't let that fester.

You'll get another job.

He averaged 13:14 minutes of ice time/game last season and played on the 3rd/4th line, with 4-28-32. My point is it's not uncommon for players like Reinhart to see limited ice time, Eichel and McDavid are the exception, not the rule

I tend to agree with this assessment. 

When Gionta comes back, where does Samson play on the third line? After last night, I can't see Girgs anywhere other than Eichel's wing as his game perfectly compliments Jack's. Does Larsson centering Gionta and Reinhart work? I honestly don't know. 

Or does Disco Dan ignore the impact of Girgs last night and go with his original plan of Gionta on Eichel's wing with Girgs and Reinhart playing with Larsson? 

GO SABRES!!!

The more important question, as far as I'm concerned, is whether Byslma and Murray are on the same page regarding Samson's development.

We don't need his career ruined by passive-aggressive hockey ops politics. If they are on the same page, then I believe Samson will get the development program that suits him best.

I tend to agree with this assessment. 

When Gionta comes back, where does Samson play on the third line? After last night, I can't see Girgs anywhere other than Eichel's wing as his game perfectly compliments Jack's. Does Larsson centering Gionta and Reinhart work? I honestly don't know. 

Or does Disco Dan ignore the impact of Girgs last night and go with his original plan of Gionta on Eichel's wing with Girgs and Reinhart playing with Larsson? 

GO SABRES!!!

At his presser he said Gionta will play wing if healthy.

At his presser he said Gionta will play wing if healthy.

Yes, but on what line? Originally, he was slated to skate with Eichel and Kane but after Girgensons played so well with them, does he just break that up? If so, does Gionta then drop down to wing with Larsson and Reinhart? And can a line like that even be effective? I honestly don't know. I'm trying to find Samson a spot to garner 13 minutes or so a game. 

GO SABRES!!!

Yes, but on what line? Originally, he was slated to skate with Eichel and Kane but after Girgensons played so well with them, does he just break that up? If so, does Gionta then drop down to wing with Larsson and Reinhart? And can a line like that even be effective? I honestly don't know. I'm trying to find Samson a spot to garner 13 minutes or so a game. 

GO SABRES!!!

Kane, Eichel Gionta if Gionta's good to go.

GO SABRES!!!

Bylsma said he liked the way Gionta was digging the puck out for Kane & Eichel. If he's healthy, that's where he's playing. Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.