Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

Anything but that gd train horn. As we know from years past, you can't mask the silence of a morgue. Will the team be piping in applause again? Get the team playing well then think about a goal song. These Pegulas seem completely w/o taste or sense.

Edited by Marvelo

This was probably not the way to go about it for many reasons. Pre-selecting the song list only invites harsh criticism. Musical tastes vary too greatly to get a majority of the fans behind this sort of selection process. Chelsea Dagger is regarded as the top celebration song, yet the Chicago fans rejected it at first. That is what is going to happen here. Any song is going to be rejected at first, regardless of how good or bad a choice it may be.

If fan input was necessary, then just have an email address where they can submit their suggestions. Then you need to trust someone enough to comb through those suggestions and pursue every other avenue to select one that meets all the predefined criteria. Then you cross your fingers that the person you trusted to get it right - got it right.

This was probably not the way to go about it for many reasons. Pre-selecting the song list only invites harsh criticism. Musical tastes vary too greatly to get a majority of the fans behind this sort of selection process. Chelsea Dagger is regarded as the top celebration song, yet the Chicago fans rejected it at first. That is what is going to happen here. Any song is going to be rejected at first, regardless of how good or bad a choice it may be.

If fan input was necessary, then just have an email address where they can submit their suggestions. Then you need to trust someone enough to comb through those suggestions and pursue every other avenue to select one that meets all the predefined criteria. Then you cross your fingers that the person you trusted to get it right - got it right.

I don't have a problem with them doing this.

They are trying to include the fans and I won't criticize them for that.

Keep in mind since they bought the team they have heard about this from people. We need a goal song. Fans didn't like what they did. They tried using a replay call from RJ and that didn't take. They've tried and are probably tired of it and felt this is a solution. Is it the ideal way? Probably not but I will predict that if that swords song is selected, it comes closets to the Hawks scene and that sure plays well with the fans and tv audience.

I don't have a problem with them doing this.

They are trying to include the fans and I won't criticize them for that.

Keep in mind since they bought the team they have heard about this from people. We need a goal song. Fans didn't like what they did. They tried using a replay call from RJ and that didn't take. They've tried and are probably tired of it and felt this is a solution. Is it the ideal way? Probably not but I will predict that if that swords song is selected, it comes closets to the Hawks scene and that sure plays well with the fans and tv audience.

If the penis thing survives the committee vote it will get crushed by the masses and ridiculed ENDLESSLY by NHL fans around the country.

If the penis thing survives the committee vote it will get crushed by the masses and ridiculed ENDLESSLY by NHL fans around the country.

You may very well be right be we in Buffalo no longer give a what other parts of the North America feel about us. It's never ending battle and the only way to stop it all is to win a championship and sing after every goal and touchdown along the way.

You may very well be right be we in Buffalo no longer give a ###### what other parts of the North America feel about us. It's never ending battle and the only way to stop it all is to win a championship and sing after every goal and touchdown along the way.

They can ridicule all they like as long as they're hearing it 4-5 times a night.

Uhhh, what penis thing? And Chelsea Dagger isn't about a chick with a dick.

The difference is in Chicago they only chant the phonetic gibberish at the beginning of the song. They aren't belting out odes to trouser snakes.

They can ridicule all they like as long as they're hearing it 4-5 times a night.

I guess I'm one not to deliberately take a fork and jam it into my own eye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.