Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

Maybe I am speaking as a father who spoils his children, but I wouldn't be surprised if the songs came from asking each kid for a suggestion (Pegula's). And honestly, they payed for the team, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Rather they be involved in a goal song - and I still think it should just be the Sabre Dance- than true hockey-related decisions. I would probable let them help with the menus in the snack concessions and things like that, too. 

I think the choices are for the most part too literal. Chelsea Dagger is pretty mindless. They're overthinking this. That said, if those are the choices, Swords of a Thousand Men comes closest to what I'd be looking for. It's a little out there, clever connection (swords, sabres) and, Dick, I can dance to it.

But, yeah, yikes, again we see such a lack of flair, creativity or imagination. Not impressed by Kim's work in arena atmosphere at all.

I can't get past the whole "Tummy Sticks" association on this one. Might as well sell t-shirts in the Sabres store that have "Kick me" printed on the back.

I can't get past the whole "Tummy Sticks" association on this one. Might as well sell t-shirts in the Sabres store that have "Kick me" printed on the back.

I seem to vaguely recall Ghost (more than likely) suggesting this band is a bunch of gay Scotsmen who like to cross, uh, swords. Does it really matter? What's Chelsea Dagger about? Freddie Mercury was gay, and we're sure as hell going to play We are the Champions one of these days.

BTW, while looking for information on Chelsea Dagger, I saw a quote on WIkipedia from the Blackhawks producer on why they picked that song. I suggested a while back that the arena needed such a producer to redo the whole arena experience. But, hey, Kim's got this. The Pegulas are well qualified for any position — ruining a hockey team, etc.

I seem to vaguely recall Ghost (more than likely) suggesting this band is a bunch of gay Scotsmen who like to cross, uh, swords. Does it really matter? What's Chelsea Dagger about? Freddie Mercury was gay, and we're sure as hell going to play We are the Champions one of these days.

BTW, while looking for information on Chelsea Dagger, I saw a quote on WIkipedia from the Blackhawks producer on why they picked that song. I suggested a while back that the arena needed such a producer to redo the whole arena experience. But, hey, Kim's got this. The Pegulas are well qualified for any position — ruining a hockey team, etc.

If ruining a hockey team means acquiring Kane, O'Reilly, Eichel, etc... then I hope they this team into the ground. I've never been more hopeful about the future.

and who references a quote and doesn't provide it? Weak sauce. Leaves me hanging like the Swords of a Thousand Men.

If ruining a hockey team means acquiring Kane, O'Reilly, Eichel, etc... then I hope they this team into the ground. I've never been more hopeful about the future.

and who references a quote and doesn't provide it? Weak sauce. Leaves me hanging like the Swords of a Thousand Men.

What is this, homework? I didn't provide the quote? Why they picked that song isn't really that important to the discussion. The fact they have a producer is the point.

And "ruining" was a typo. I meant "running." Tomato/tomahto.

No reason to rehash the tank. Please! Time will tell whether it was worth it. I'm pretty hopeful too that better times are ahead. But how can they not be? Winning a Cup? Who the hell knows?

What is this, homework? I didn't provide the quote? Why they picked that song isn't really that important to the discussion. The fact they have a producer is the point.

And "ruining" was a typo. I meant "running." Tomato/tomahto.

No reason to rehash the tank. Please! Time will tell whether it was worth it. I'm pretty hopeful too that better times are ahead. But how can they not be? Winning a Cup? Who the hell knows?

I think you mean "Better Days"... :nana:

ha! That's funny. I typed better days first and then went, nah. It's funny how a lot of people are down on that memory, but it gives me chills every time. Larry Quinn and his people were really good at that kind of stuff.

I could not agree more.

The in-house video production under Quinn's management was somehow superior to anything the team is doing now.

Anyone ever catch that black and white day in the life film they did with -- who -- Pominville (?) several seasons ago? Followed him from home, on his commute, to his locker, onto the ice, etc. -- all set to cool music? It was a nice piece. Nothing like that is done anymore as far as I know.

Edited by That Aud Smell

You're not old enough to be unfamiliar with Metallica!   :P

I'm familiar with them, but they were a bit after my time.  Hell, U2 is after my time.  My time was Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, through the early days of MTV (you may remember they used to play music!)  After that I was married and didn't pay much attention to new music coming out, so my musical breadth is much more spotty.

By the way, when I was playing on a college intramural hockey team, our music to get geared up was Deep Purple's Made in Japan, especially Lazy and Space Truckin'.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.