Summer movies/TV 2015

nfreeman

Falling Skies was a decent show but it was a turd of a finale. The final battle was about as anti-climatic as it gets.

I agree with the point that most shows tend to screw up their finales though. The only ones I can think of that I actually liked were Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad. Even the Dexter finale was a bit of a let down.

Dexter a "bit of a let down"?  I think most agree that was the worst finale ever, especially for such a great show overall.

Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad are two of my favorite series of all time and part of that is definitely the fact that they concluded well.

Anyone watch Falling Skies?  5th and final season just wrapped up.  Sci-Fi with an American Revolution feel.  Executive produced by Spielberg.  Would recommend for anyone into action/sci-fi.

I liked the show for the most part but could never seem to see every episode.  The finale was weak.  I'd actually like to see a follow on show where the rebuild of the country is done and how that progresses.  Never happen cause there wouldn't be enough battle scenes against a very defined enemy though.

Dexter a "bit of a let down"?  I think most agree that was the worst finale ever, especially for such a great show overall.

Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad are two of my favorite series of all time and part of that is definitely the fact that they concluded well.

Yes, a bit of a let down. I hated it at first but as I reflect on it now it wasn't all that bad. If he had a person strapped to a table with cellophane in his pacific NW cabin in the woods I would have probably even liked it even with the rest of the finale staying as is.

Anyone watching Narcos on netflix ? Watched the first episode and it was good. 2nd tonight and we'll see if its worth continuing. The story of Pablo Escobar and the Columbian cartels rise from smugglers of anything contraband to the #1 producer and distributer of cocaine in the world.

Also can't wait to see Black Mass with Johnny Depp. Looks fantastic.

I'm two episodes into Narcos.  Pretty damn good.

The whole show built up to this huge battle yet

none of the main characters ACTUALLY died and it was such an easy win. Terrible.

Many have claimed that some Sabre fans, myself included, are so pessimistic that even after a Cup win, they'd bitch. I think that spolier will be my beef with our first Cup.

The Odin pic in the religion thread reminded me of this, but Vikings is one of the best shows on TV imo. Most if not all of it is available on Amazon Prime and Hulu.

Vikings is an awesome show. I can't wait for the next season. I just wish it aired on HBO or Showtime so they'd show Lagertha (Ragnar's ex) naked.

Not sure how I missed this thread the whole time.. but..

Mr. Robot has to be one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  My only concern is that it progressed too quickly and the second season will devolve into traditional run of the mill story telling and plot lines.

The ending was fantastic and not at all unexpected. I've got ideas on the character progression of the main character in season 2. Kind of an enhancement on an idea introduced in the first season.

It'll be complex, that's for certain.  In fact, I should go back and watch the show again to see if I can predict it.

That's about all the TV I watch.. other things look interesting but I never bother to get involved with them.

Anyone watch The League? Kinda lost all respect for the actor who plays Kevin after he's been lying about living through 9-11 at the Trade Centers

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/arts/television/steve-rannazzisi-comedian-who-told-of-9-11-escape-admits-he-lied.html?_r=1

I'm choosing to ignore this story so I can still watch the show. Anyone who fakes a story like this is just an opportunistic loser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Black Mass tonight. It was good. I'm a Depp fan and was not disappointed. Side note: Jeff Simon's reviews are as good as any I read in any newspaper.

I thought it was pretty good too. However, I had randomly watched The Departed on HBO the day before, and Black Mass suffered a little (not much, but a bit) by comparison.

I thought it was pretty good too. However, I had randomly watched The Departed on HBO the day before, and Black Mass suffered a little (not much, but a bit) by comparison.

That movie bored me.  It never did a good job of letting you know what Bulger did other than killing a few people.  They barely touched anything else.  During the last half of that movie I had the urge to watch a good mafia movie like Goodfellas.

That movie was terrible. I can't believe I wasted two and a half hours of my life watching that masturbatory revision of the lives of a bunch of d-bags. Dr. Dre is Jesus, and not at all a woman beater. The music performance scenes were good, nice energy. Elsewise, that was the perhaps the worst movie I've ever seen.

I have to think you being 20 some years younger than me and most of the people affected by NWA, has an impact on your enjoyment of this flick. I was seriously caught up in the gangsta rap scene, for better or worse, in the late 80's early 90's. It was infectious. I imagine I'll enjoy this movie immensely as it will take me back to when I was 19.

Just like a movie about One Direction will for you in 20 years. :thumbsup:

I have to think you being 20 some years younger than me and most of the people affected by NWA, has an impact on your enjoyment of this flick. I was seriously caught up in the gangsta rap scene, for better or worse, in the late 80's early 90's. It was infectious. I imagine I'll enjoy this movie immensely as it will take me back to when I was 19.

Just like a movie about One Direction will for you in 20 years. :thumbsup:

I said I liked the part that had to do with music being performed.  If you want to subject yourself to the terribly made 2.5 hour mess that is Straight Outta Compton, be my guest.  But I will weep when that piece of garbage makes another bit of money.

I said I liked the part that had to do with music being performed. If you want to subject yourself to the terribly made 2.5 hour mess that is Straight Outta Compton, be my guest. But I will weep when that piece of garbage makes another bit of money.

If its that's poorly done, I will be disappointed because it's a great story. I can see how they would make it a puff piece about the guys.

Not exactly a summer movie but now that San AnDDreas has reached video,I finally got to peep it. That's no spelling error, if you plan on watching this flick bring some tissues. You won't cry at any of the cheeseball plot developments. You will have a raging bone staring at Alexandra Dreddario's giant cans or if you are into the MILF thing, hello Carla Gugino. I felt like every shot was focused on their giant rack cleavage. So grab a box of tissues and enjoy.

Not exactly a summer movie but now that San AnDDreas has reached video,I finally got to peep it. That's no spelling error, if you plan on watching this flick bring some tissues. You won't cry at any of the cheeseball plot developments. You will have a raging bone staring at Alexandra Dreddario's giant cans or if you are into the MILF thing, hello Carla Gugino. I felt like every shot was focused on their giant rack cleavage. So grab a box of tissues and enjoy.

Gugino is smoking in The Brink. Plus, Dreddario puts on a pretty great show in True Detective  :flirt:

Anyone give "Pan" a try? Would like to take my kids to see that next weekend. It looks interesting/entertaining for an entire family. It has done poorly at the box office, but money isn't always the answer to whether a movie was good or bad. If you've seen it, let me know what you thought of it. Of course don't provide spoilers! ha ha 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.