Summer movies/TV 2015

nfreeman

Went to AMC in Amherst last night for the first time. A theatre with recliners!? Sign me up.

Saw Crimson Peak and man was it a treat. It's not going to be for everybody, but if you don't like it you can at least take solace in the fact that the first half of the movie is based in Buffalo 1901. If you look on the table early in the movie you'll see an architectural model of the gold dome building (now an M&T bank) which was built in 1901.

It takes patience but satisfies your mind with brilliant sets and colors the whole way.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone in to Falling Skies? Noticed I can catch it on Amazon Prime. Just wondering if it's worth watching.

I gave it three episodes and just couldn't get into it. I know it's a TV show, but I found the awful CGI very distracting. I also didn't find any of the characters the least bit compelling. Maybe it gets better, but meh.

Falling Skies is good eye candy. It's a pretty terrible show.

Sheesh, it's not that bad.  I've seen alot of terrible shows and that wouldn't be anywhere on my list of the worst I've seen.  Sure, there's parts of it that are better or worse than others, but I can't think of any show where that hasn't been the case except for maybe Breaking Bad.  Plus, you have to give it a few bonus points for being executive produced by Spielberg.  The man knows sci-fi.

Decided to save Falling Skies for another time. Thanks for the info. Starting a LOTR marathon tonight. Haven't watched it in a VERY long time. And it is something I really enjoy. 

The last time I did LOTR was on the way home from Thailand. 12 hour flight, all three movies, and no place to go, match made in Sto'Vo'Kor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.