Sabrespace Rod and Gun Club

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Disappointing season but fortunately I've managed a few.

IMG_20201101_142107087.jpg

Very nice.  I’ve only been out twice.  On the same weekend. Was a tough outing.  

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

video games 80s GIF

Hmmm .... I considered that ... but the triggers juuuuust aren’t the same. And the dog laughing when I miss just pisses me off and ruins my concentration. Don’t need his drama.

• Haha (+1) 2
10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I gotta find a friggin place to shoot preferably indoors. Haven’t gone to a range in 9 months. Sucks.

Even with good ventilation, I couldn't see myself in an indoor range right now.

Don't know what town you live in.  Are you aware that there are causal shooting lanes in the Tonawanda WMU near the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge?  Bartel road I think.  That place is a zoo when hunting season starts though.  After season it should be easy to get a lane.

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

Even with good ventilation, I couldn't see myself in an indoor range right now.

Don't know what town you live in.  Are you aware that there are causal shooting lanes in the Tonawanda WMU near the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge?  Bartel road I think.  That place is a zoo when hunting season starts though.  After season it should be easy to get a lane.

Hey thanks for the info. Excuse my ignorance,  but what is WMU? 

38 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Hey thanks for the info. Excuse my ignorance,  but what is WMU? 

Wildlife management unit.  State owned land managed for hunting and fishing.

Google up iroquios wildlife management unit and use satellite view on the map and you should see 5 or 6 shooting lanes along Bartel road.

• Like (+1) 1
13 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wildlife management unit.  State owned land managed for hunting and fishing.

Google up iroquios wildlife management unit and use satellite view on the map and you should see 5 or 6 shooting lanes along Bartel road.

Lol Google street view is great.

FAC963E1-D024-4398-92A1-E8B519858F9C.thumb.png.774a4f074cf63548ac68300a78d2285d.png

• Haha (+1) 1
On 11/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, Zamboni said:

Hmmm .... I considered that ... but the triggers juuuuust aren’t the same. And the dog laughing when I miss just pisses me off and ruins my concentration. Don’t need his drama.

I hunt primarily out of Lyndon Center and Hume, NY. But I occasionally get the seasonal permit for the backside of Letchworth, problem is I'm getting a bit old to pack out the meat if they run drone in to those deep ravines and runoff cuts. Arthritis showed up about a year ago on right foot and 2 fingers on hand. Suppose I should finally get that addressed. But this year, both bow and opening weekend for gun you can tell the DEC is going to have to take action on the nuisance tags to the farmers, between them and the heavy Amish presence appearing down in both Cattarugus and Alleghany counties the herds are getting mighty thin. Saw a small rack typical 6 point tonight, just let it roll 9n by as I'm hoping he helps bring some stability to the numbers.

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I hunt primarily out of Lyndon Center and Hume, NY. But I occasionally get the seasonal permit for the backside of Letchworth, problem is I'm getting a bit old to pack out the meat if they run drone in to those deep ravines and runoff cuts. Arthritis showed up about a year ago on right foot and 2 fingers on hand. Suppose I should finally get that addressed. But this year, both bow and opening weekend for gun you can tell the DEC is going to have to take action on the nuisance tags to the farmers, between them and the heavy Amish presence appearing down in both Cattarugus and Alleghany counties the herds are getting mighty thin. Saw a small rack typical 6 point tonight, just let it roll 9n by as I'm hoping he helps bring some stability to the numbers.

Ah ok. I don’t hunt. Just handgun shoot. 

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 3