Sabres Development Camp

Hoss

I didn't think I was going to this thing, and a coworker called in sick this morning so I said I'd grab his shift tonight. I think he did it to go to the scrimmage. When I got home from my shift this morning, I find out my friend picked up 2 tickets for us, so I had to call back and say I can't work much tonight. Oh well. Very excited to attend.

Edited by Randall Flagg

It's still possible their streaming it, they didnt announce it last year until 20 hours prior, they can do it on short notice.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726206

This is a big slap in the face to Sabres fan who don't live in Buffalo.    It's not like Pegula can't afford to put a live stream on the web for this.    Whoever made this decision deserves to be fired.   This is 2015, not 1997.  

This is a big slap in the face to Sabres fan who don't live in Buffalo.    It's not like Pegula can't afford to put a live stream on the web for this.    Whoever made this decision deserves to be fired.   This is 2015, not 1997.  

I assume that now that Eichel has picked a number this is the new topic to over-react over?

I assume that now that Eichel has picked a number this is the new topic to over-react over?

I know you take some measure of pride in being the resident wet blanket, but I really, really don't think it's overreacting. It was streamed last year, complete with play by play, and they're not going to do it this year when the endgame of the tank makes his quasi-debut? It's ridiculous.

I know you take some measure of pride in being the resident wet blanket, but I really, really don't think it's overreacting. It was streamed last year, complete with play by play, and they're not going to do it this year when the endgame of the tank makes his quasi-debut? It's ridiculous.

Poor choice, maybe.  But worthy of a firing?  That's just plain ridiculous.  Chz already talked about there being a massive highlight package.  That will cover more than enough of what people want to see.  I can't see too many people being interested in the large number of shifts that will include the likes of Justin Kea and Josh Sterk.  The game is fun for what it is, but we're really not missing much here.

Poor choice, maybe.  But worthy of a firing?  That's just plain ridiculous.  Chz already talked about there being a massive highlight package.  That will cover more than enough of what people want to see.  I can't see too many people being interested in the large number of shifts that will include the likes of Justin Kea and Josh Sterk.  The game is fun for what it is, but we're really not missing much here.

I wouldn't fire anyone over it, but it's such a simple thing to do as a gesture of good will to the hardcore fans. And I would argue that a good chunk of those who want to watch a stream are hardcore fans who would appreciate the things that won't show up in an "extended" highlights package (whatever in the hell that actually means). 

I don't care if it's a live stream of a potato sitting on a table.   If the fans want to watch it they should stream it, especially since this has been what everybody has been waiting to see (Eichel playing a game in a Sabres uniform) after 2 years of suffering.    

Sabres will have a big highlight reel after the game.

That's nice. So what's stopping them from just plugging the video feed into SabresTV?  They did it last year.  Are you saying that the Sabres think no one cares about watching Eichel play outside of the FNC?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's nice. So what's stopping them from just plugging the video feed into SabresTV?  They did it last year.  Are you saying that the Sabres think no one cares about watching Eichel play outside of the FNC?

Maybe the one guy in all of SabreLand who can accomplish this is out on vacation this week. :wallbash:

Edited by rsxfirefighter

I don't care if it's a live stream of a potato sitting on a table.   If the fans want to watch it they should stream it, especially since this has been what everybody has been waiting to see (Eichel playing a game in a Sabres uniform) after 2 years of suffering.

Never mind watching Eichel (after all, he's just a curly headed anyway), I want to hear more about this potato sitting on the table. Will it be a Russett? Yukon Gold? Red/new? Will it just sit there or will it chopped it up into French fries? If so, what kind of fries? Shoestring, crinkle, potato wedges, curly or waffle? etc. Maybe they just mash it up and make potato vodka out of it. I've got to know and please tell me they'll be streaming it.

Real fans, even ones thousands of miles away would take time off from work (or quit if the boss turns them down) buy a plane ticket and show up in person. Anyone else just doesn't count because they aren't real fans, with the exception of those of us who will be watching the potato sitting on the table that pi2000 brought up.

For the last few years, the kids at these camps were the only glimmer of hope we had as a fan base.  We're at the point now where that hope is finally about what will go on in the regular season.  That's what this team is now going to start to push on the fans, the present.  This game is just a blip on the PR radar.  They've got far more important things to worry about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.