Kessel and Phaunef for Reinhart, Hodgson and Gionta?

Tolstoy

no thanks. Don't see the value here as our team is built to grow together. We already have O'Reilly and Kane don't see the need to toss away Reinhart who should have a better career then both of those players early in his career and should blow them both away when he hits their ages

Edited by ddaryl

LOL! NO!  There is no reason you give that team any breathe.  Phaneuf is a good player, but that contract is completely attrocious.  You're telling me you want to add 15.25M on the cap while we have RFA's of Mark Pysyk, Johan Larsson, and a few others.  O'Reilly is not signed.  Next season:  Lehner, Ristolainen, Girgensons and a few others are again RFA's.  This makes literally 0 sense.  

This possible trade is proposed on the Hockey Writers site: http://thehockeywriters.com/the-leafs-most-logical-trade-partner-the-sabres/

Would you make the trade? I don't think I would, mainly because I would have a hard time parting with Reinhart. The kid is billed to be a future #1 center. 

Hell no...two players with Zero work ethic and huge contracts you can't get rid of...no thanks...

I'm pretty sure the only way Reinhart gets traded is if someone outrageous becomes available, like Toews, Kane, etc. And even then maybe not. He was Tim Murray's first selection as a GM, when he basically had the pick of the litter of forwards. He believes in Reinhart, and isn't going to trade him for underachievers.

I'm pretty sure the only way Reinhart gets traded is if someone outrageous becomes available, like Toews, Kane, etc. And even then maybe not. He was Tim Murray's first selection as a GM, when he basically had the pick of the litter of forwards. He believes in Reinhart, and isn't going to trade him for underachievers.

Or an extremely valuable #1 defensemen.  On another site there were names like Seth Jones thrown out there.  I'd rather keep Sam.  As he "WILL", be fine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.