2015 Pre-Draft Press Conference

Derrico

I have the memory of a tick but is this a normal thing. A pre draft presser? If so I'm interesting in anything GMTM has to say. 

I believe it is.  I don't think the coach usually participates though so that will be interesting.  Also, no Kevin Devine?  Looks like his roll has changed since TM took over.

Maybe there will be news on Hodgson's future?

Edited by Derrico

I believe it is.  I don't think the coach usually participates though so that will be interesting.  Also, no Kevin Devine?  Looks like his roll has changed since TM took over.

Maybe there will be news on Hodgson's future?

I miss Devine, I think it is really a matter of centralizing communications.

GMTM will most likely talk about the process with his scouts.

Is this in any way a concession to the absence of a season-ending press conference?

Claims were made by BN people (on Twitter) that the Sabres were the only team not to do one. (I have no idea if that is true. In fact, I'm not sure how CHI and TBL could've already held one.)

Good chance to talk up players we don't want. :)

Ya that's what I'm thinking.  I'm taking nothing he says at face value in terms of any specific names that are mentioned.

'GR stated they'd have it live.

Thanks.

Is this in any way a concession to the absence of a season-ending press conference?

Claims were made by BN people (on Twitter) that the Sabres were the only team not to do one. (I have no idea if that is true. In fact, I'm not sure how CHI and TBL could've already held one.)

That's an interesting point.  I wonder if TBN will throw any Babcock questions out there.  Although I guess they had their chance at the DDB presser but I bet they were warned beforehand not too.

Blackhawks are holding theirs today actually. :flirt:

Chicago Blackhawks parade 2015: Start time, TV schedule, map and route for Stanley Cup celebration

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/6/18/8797089/2015-chicago-blackhawks-stanley-cup-parade-time-tv-schedule-route-map

I have the memory of a tick but is this a normal thing. A pre draft presser? If so I'm interesting in anything GMTM has to say.

I was speaking with a Colorado fan, and he said (yesterday), "Roy and Sakic have a pre-draft presser tomorrow, so we'll hear about ROR."

So, I assume every team is doing this during the lead-up to the draft.

I really want to know what was asked where they said "we're not getting into that." (Directed at Harrington.)

And what UFA were they just talking about at the end?

Harrington wanted to ask more questions and asked why they were cutting it short, as they gave WGR an exclusive sit down a couple days ago.

They asked about contract for Kaleta.

"GMs are like women, we could change our minds tomorrow."

The Sabres have offered Grigs a two way deal?  He would never pass through waivers, so what would be the point?  Trying to force him to take KHL offer?  A situation that started with a prospect falling on draft day continues to spiral downward.

The only thing I can figure is, the two way deal is for off season incentive.  I don't believe they would risk Grigo getting picked up on waivers.

I don't believe they would risk Grigo getting picked up on waivers.

Did they say how much the deal was for?  Maybe they offer him a rich NHL salary, too rich for another team to take it on for an unproven commodity (and if the Sabres tried to send him down it would be safe to assume that at least part of the reason was lackluster play).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.