Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

This is what happens when you give 3rd liners 2nd line money, and above average goaltending very good money. I wonder if that blue line ends up biting them in the playoffs this year (assuming they don't get it fixed).

Many thought it would last year.

This is what happens when you give 3rd liners 2nd line money, and above average goaltending very good money. I wonder if that blue line ends up biting them in the playoffs this year (assuming they don't get it fixed).

That blue line is fine as long as Keith and Seabrook remain the same players. 

Many thought it would last year.

Fair, but they did have 4 capable guys last year as opposed to 3 this year.

That blue line is fine as long as Keith and Seabrook remain the same players. 

Well, since they've made two attempts to find a legitimate replacement for Oduya, I don't think Bowman agrees with your assessment that it's fine. 

Well, since they've made two attempts to find a legitimate replacement for Oduya, I don't think Bowman agrees with your assessment that it's fine. 

Who've they made a run at? 

If they really want d-men that badly, let's send them Bogosian for Panarin  :ph34r:

Who've they made a run at? 

If they really want d-men that badly, let's send them Bogosian for Panarin  :ph34r:

Targeted Daley in the Sharp trade, then Scuderi when Daley failed. Now that Scuderi failed...I was actually thinking Gorges might be of some interest if we retain salary (though I don't know how married Quenneville and Bowman are to matching handedness--they could use a right shot if so).

Targeted Daley in the Sharp trade, then Scuderi when Daley failed. Now that Scuderi failed...I was actually thinking Gorges might be of some interest if we retain salary (though I don't know how married Quenneville and Bowman are to matching handedness--they could use a right shot if so).

I understand the conversation and analysis, may even agree with most of it but if there ever was someone who point "scoreboard" it's Stan Bowman and his staff

I understand the conversation and analysis, may even agree with most of it but if there ever was someone who point "scoreboard" it's Stan Bowman and his staff

Yea, I mean, if your biggest problems are your goalie is overpaid by a mil and your #4 Dman is replacement level, you're in pretty good shape.

"Flyers coach Dave Hakstol and general manager Ron Hextall both spoke to him about plays like that"[/size]

Uh huh....[/size]

I feel better now ... thank you.

'Do it more'

". ... Only do it behind the play ..."

Hamilton Tweeted last night, I think, that back in the fall of 2015 Gudas came within a few inches of possibly ending Eichel's season.

The fact that the NHL is just letting this guy act with relative impunity is an absolute joke.

I love hockey. The NHL is an awful steward of the game I love.