Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

The Wild NAILED this one if the leak turns out to be true... Below is a photo of what they will allegedly wear during their outdoor game.

The alumni game will feature North Stars jerseys and the team will wear this (an obvious nod to the North Stars):

8ombEBJ.jpg

The Wild NAILED this one if the leak turns out to be true... Below is a photo of what they will allegedly wear during their outdoor game.

The alumni game will feature North Stars jerseys and the team will wear this (an obvious nod to the North Stars):

8ombEBJ.jpg

:worthy:

Finally, a jersey I agree with Hoss on.

It needs an N on the front tho.

Agree on the 1st point. Would probably go w/ the N as a shoulder patch though. (Assuming Dallas would allow them to use that trademarked logo. (Also assuming the N trademark is still live; no reason for it not to be, but don't feel like looking that up to verify it.))

8ombEBJ.jpg

I'm in. Awesome - JP Parise, Gump Worsely, Jude Drouin .... Bill Masterton, Cesar Maniago Edited by Neo

Hfboards is saying that they aren't wearing that jersey, it will be worn by some of the alumni in the alumni game beforehand, and the real Stadium Series jersey will be released at a later date

This may be the case. The original tweet was poorly worded. I took it as meaning the players in the game will wear it, but I see why others took it another way. Disappointing if true.

Vintage MN Hockey

Vintage MN Hockey – ‏@VintageMNHockey

"N-Stars players get to wear Stars jersey in Stadium Series alumni game, & Wild players will don something like this"

This may be the case. The original tweet was poorly worded. I took it as meaning the players in the game will wear it, but I see why others took it another way. Disappointing if true.

Vintage MN Hockey

Vintage MN Hockey – ‏@VintageMNHockey

"N-Stars players get to wear Stars jersey in Stadium Series alumni game, & Wild players will don something like this"

Would the Wild be allowed to do something like that? Wouldn't the permission to use those colors have left with the franchise when it moved to Dallas?

None of which wore the '80's era unis w/ the black highlighting. ;)

Ciccarelli, Broten, Beaupre, Smith. :p

Sure, make fun of me for having a black and white TV. C'mon, French, let's go have a Schmidt's. I love Goldsworthy and Nanne.

Would the Wild be allowed to do something like that? Wouldn't the permission to use those colors have left with the franchise when it moved to Dallas?

I don't think a team needs permission to use a color scheme. I would imagine there's some permission needed for logo and name usage, but I don't think Dallas would have an issue with an alumni game.

How many Wild players could be playing in their alumni game? Darby Hendrickson (first-ever Wild goal), Manny Fernandez and Andrew Brunette? Pavol Demitra could've been involved, but may he rest in peace.

I don't think a team needs permission to use a color scheme. I would imagine there's some permission needed for logo and name usage, but I don't think Dallas would have an issue with an alumni game.

How many Wild players could be playing in their alumni game? Darby Hendrickson (first-ever Wild goal), Manny Fernandez and Andrew Brunette? Pavol Demitra could've been involved, but may he rest in peace.

That's why I think it makes sense that this would only be an alumni game jersey.  While all the North Stars history belongs to that area, it does not belong to the team (and I don't mean that in the literal sense of owning something).  The Wild are their own animal and they should continue to make their own history.

The alumni on the other hand, of course they should be wearing North Star stuff.

Sure, make fun of me for having a black and white TV. C'mon, French, let's go have a Schmidt's. I love Goldsworthy and Nanne.

:lol:

For what it's worth, Smith was in Moe-ray-all by the time the greens added the black trim. :doh: (Forgot that tweak came much later than adding black to the home whites. :doh: )

What in the name of #### did we Haligonians ever do to deserve this ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-scores-toronto-maple-leafs-training-camp-1.3198362

The BMO Centre in Bedford is about a 10 minute drive from our house.  I'm going to make sure I avoid it like the swine flu for those 3 days in September.