Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

If I had to place a wager, I'd say we likely don't trade for #3 or #4, we draft at #8, (probably Chychrun), and no larger trades take place either at the draft or before, for us. Murray fills some gaps in FA. 

I disagree - with GMTM's history and the draft being in BUF, I think GMTM is going to throw us a pre #8 pick bone

If I had to place a wager, I'd say we likely don't trade for #3 or #4, we draft at #8, (probably Chychrun), and no larger trades take place either at the draft or before, for us. Murray fills some gaps in FA. 

You enjoy going to the mall around the holidays and telling all the kids that Santa is fake, don't you? 

From The Hockey Press no source specified

#NHL Trade Rumors:

• NY Rangers are asking Rick Nash for his "NTC List".

Teams Interested: Habs, Blues, & Sabres.

Jesus, **** no.  This is the trade target that is an absolute hard line "No!" for me.  Unless they take Moulson, pass!   

Jesus, **** no.  This is the trade target that is an absolute hard line "No!" for me.  Unless they take Moulson, pass!   

No, thank  you.

Why not, as long as he comes cheaply. A 3rd or 2 3rds would be fine. His contract ends in 2 years anyway so his money won't be a problem in the future.

You enjoy going to the mall around the holidays and telling all the kids that Santa is fake, don't you?

Probably steals the pennies out of those fountains too

It was his sled. Rosebud was his sled. There, I just saved you two long boobless hours.

All hours without boobs are long. Not hard, but long

#NHL Trade Rumors:

I'll send them Des Edited by WildCard

Why not, as long as he comes cheaply. A 3rd or 2 3rds would be fine. His contract ends in 2 years anyway so his money won't be a problem in the future.

Agreed. This seems like the right kind of acquisition. High reward with little risk. He's off the books in two years and the cost in the trade should be low. I have a hard time understanding why this is a bad idea. 

Agreed. This seems like the right kind of acquisition. High reward with little risk. He's off the books in two years and the cost in the trade should be low. I have a hard time understanding why this is a bad idea. 

I'd assume because many others want Stamkos/Okposo which I could understand they don't want that chance destroyed

Edited by thewookie1

I would be good with acquiring Nash, if we select a winger in the draft who has the potential to play with Eichel in a couple years. Then we have that offensive wing talent in the system, and Nash could be an adequate stop gap.

If we draft a Dman, however, and signing Nash precludes us from making other trades/signings to shore up on wing, I want no part of Nash.

Depends how things play out.

Edited by Thorny

Drouin has decided he likes it in TB, Walsh is his agent

"he wants to be back in Tampa next yr,” Walsh emailed ESPN. “It’s a tight-knit group...he’s happy being part of it.”http://620wdae.iheart.com/onair/best-bolts-coverage-43036/agent-jonathan-drouin-withdraws-trade-request-14825501/ 

It's not that I want it to unfold like that, at all. Just my best guess as to what will happen. :p Edited by Thorny

#NHL Trade Rumors:

The Hockey Press is not a legitimate source. They purchased a ton of followers and modeled themselves after The Hockey News to make themselves look real. They're not. It's all made up stuff.

They will aggregate rumors from time to time, but they try to slip in their own rumors to the mix.

The Hockey Press is not a legitimate source. They purchased a ton of followers and modeled themselves after The Hockey News to make themselves look real. They're not. It's all made up stuff.

They will aggregate rumors from time to time, but they try to slip in their own rumors to the mix.

Not knocking you or anything, but how do you know that?

Age, contract, shot selection.  I know he was knicked up last year, but I just don't buy him for the next two years.  I'd rather resign the Ristolainen and see what that looks like than add 7.8M for a guy on the wrong side of 30, who I don't have faith in.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

Not knocking you or anything, but how do you know that?

Because they joined last summer and instantly had thousands of followers within a couple tweets.

It looks like 45% of their followers are fake. Once you buy up a few thousand followers then others will follow assuming you're real because you have so many followers.

They also have no followers with credit. Similar LEGITIMATE Twitter accounts, even though they're "competitors," are followed by people like McKenzie and Dreger. The Hockey Press has no such followers.

Edited by Hoss

Drouin has decided he likes it in TB, Walsh is his agent

"he wants to be back in Tampa next yr,” Walsh emailed ESPN. “It’s a tight-knit group...he’s happy being part of it.”http://620wdae.iheart.com/onair/best-bolts-coverage-43036/agent-jonathan-drouin-withdraws-trade-request-14825501/ 

I remember a lot of folks on here were saying they'd never want a player like that on their team.  I sure wish we could have traded for him when that suspension was going down.

Age, contract, shot selection. I know he was knicked up last year, but I just don't buy him for the next two years. I'd rather resign the Ristolainen and see what that looks like than add 7.8M for a guy on the wrong side of 30, who I don't have faith in.

To be fair, I think most of us who have interest are assuming there'd be some salary retention. I have no interest at $7.8M either...but $5.8? Different story.

To be fair, I think most of us who have interest are assuming there'd be some salary retention. I have no interest at $7.8M either...but $5.8? Different story.

But don't the Sabres have enough room to absorb the full $7.8MM for 2 years? Especially in the highly unlikely event that they don't get Stamkos?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.