Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Expect NY State born BOGO to say no thanks.

It's not up to him.

I heard on the way in that WGR thinks his NMC is still in effect.....

If so, he must be protected under the Expansion draft and would throw a wrench into who to protect if we can add another top 4 dman.

Edited by Derrico

If so, he must be protected under the Expansion draft and would throw a wrench into who to protect if we can add another top 4 dman.

His NMC becomes effective 7/1/17.

So two things.....first WGR is wrong in that Bogo has no say if he were traded today?  Secondly, does this mean we have to protect him in Expansion draft?

WGR was talking for like 10 minutes on how the Sabres would have to convince Bogo to go to Edmonton if the trade went down now.  So once again they were out to lunch I take it?

Murray said a few months ago he couldn't think of anyone with a NMC, only a few limited no trades. I'm assuming he chose not to honor Bogo's NMC after acquisition. And really, why would he honor it?

So two things.....first WGR is wrong in that Bogo has no say if he were traded today?  Secondly, does this mean we have to protect him in Expansion draft?

WGR was talking for like 10 minutes on how the Sabres would have to convince Bogo to go to Edmonton if the trade went down now.  So once again they were out to lunch I take it?

But according to the CBA, Murray does not have to honor that NMC if he chooses not to, and as per previous comments, it appears he isn't. I believe Bogo no longer has any NMC. Therefore, he does not have to be protected in the expansion draft, and he has no say in any trades.

spndnchz did post this in the expansion thread:

CBA 11.8 (a) says pretty much: "it is up to the acquiring team whether they honor any NMC of the acquired player and will be evidenced in writing".

So assuming his NMC was kicking in later, after the trade (even if not, he would have had to waive it to come here), it appears teams have the option of declining the NMC in the contract upon acquiring the player. Murray has said no one has a NMC, so from that I infer that he declined the option on Mr. Bogosian. 

Make it happen Murray!

Craig Rivet this morning: "Bogo is a great defenseman" (emphasis his). I continue to think he has more trade value than on-ice value. Do it!

Craig Rivet thinks Roman Polak is a huge reason the Sharks went to the final, and is really high on Cody Franson. Edited by Randall Flagg

Craig Rivet thinks Roman Polak is a huge reason the Sharks went to the final, and is really high on Cody Franson.

No offense to Rivet but I think he likes defenders who are similar in some ways to him. Rivet wasn't the best skater but he was heavy to play against in his own zone. I think the trend will be heavy guys who can skate like the wind. Speed helped both the Hawks and the Pens win their series. Speed from the backend was necessary. 

Craig Rivet thinks Roman Polak is a huge reason the Sharks went to the final, and is really high on Cody Franson.

:w00t:

He's out to lunch.  Not the way the game is played now of days.

Edited by Derrico

Rivet :52

Then Rivet said, "Let Us make defensemen in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the frozen sea and over the pucks and the nets. Slow footed skating things that creep on the ice. Rivet created defensemen in His own image"

Rivet :52

Then Rivet said, "Let Us make defensemen in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the frozen sea and over the pucks and the nets. Slow footed skating things that creep on the ice. Rivet created defensemen in His own image"

LOL! Funny stuff here. 

GO SABRES!!!

From Bob Stauffer

My "Guess" is that the Oilers do not have a lot of interest in Zach Bogosian at this time

If I had to place a wager, I'd say we likely don't trade for #3 or #4, we draft at #8, (probably Chychrun), and no larger trades take place either at the draft or before, for us. Murray fills some gaps in FA. 

If I had to place a wager, I'd say we likely don't trade for #3 or #4, we draft at #8, (probably Chychrun), and no larger trades take place either at the draft or before, for us. Murray fills some gaps in FA. 

This is likely.  But oh so boring....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.