Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Less of a trade idea, more of a signing idea, Any interest in Patrick Wiercioch? 

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/sens-sound-ready-to-move-on-from-wiercioch-1.511431

I don't know much about him. OTT GM seems to think the qualifying offer would be about 2.7. He's a lefty D. Anyone have #opinions?

He definitely took a fall in their system last season.  He's an interesting gamble play, but not definitely an upgrade over McCabe, Gorges.  

Less of a trade idea, more of a signing idea, Any interest in Patrick Wiercioch? 

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/sens-sound-ready-to-move-on-from-wiercioch-1.511431

I don't know much about him. OTT GM seems to think the qualifying offer would be about 2.7. He's a lefty D. Anyone have #opinions?

I'd bring him in as a 6th/7th defense. 

Re Stamkos

• Darren Dreger - Tampa Bay Lightning are not going above $8.5M. Red Wings would give 7/10.

That Carle deal is such a killer this year and next. $5.5M just makes everything so hard. Still though, if I were them I'd be inclined to up my offer to Stamkos and try to ship out Bishop, handing the reigns to Vasilevskiy, and buy out Carle. That'd save about $9.5 million this year and remove any cap pressure to re-sign Bishop next season as a UFA.

That Carle deal is such a killer this year and next. $5.5M just makes everything so hard. Still though, if I were them I'd be inclined to up my offer to Stamkos and try to ship out Bishop, handing the reigns to Vasilevskiy, and buy out Carle. That'd save about $9.5 million this year and remove any cap pressure to re-sign Bishop next season as a UFA.

I still think it was a non-starter.  Hedman is more crucial to their team success and the team was on the door steps of the Cup Finals without Stamkos.  I would call Kucherov much more important to their team dynamic on offense going forward.  You throw in needing to re-sign:  TyJo, Namestnikov, Killorn, Drouin (in a few) and others and you run into a plethora of problems.  They're better off continuing to develop.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

From Dreger

CBJ continues to listen to interest in #3 pick, however, sources say CBJ would like to attach a contract, (Hartnell) for cap space..

...CBJ still has to extend Seth Jones which will be costly. Also approaching offer sheet time and Jones could be prime target.

Re Stamkos

• Darren Dreger - Tampa Bay Lightning are not going above $8.5M. Red Wings would give 7/10.

If you were Stamkos and your choice was Buffalo or Detroit at $10 million over seven, who would you pick?

Throw the Isles and the Leafs into that mix. Doubt anyone goes significantly higher.

If I were Stamkos, I would pick Toronto because Babcock and it is my home. Buffalo might be a close 2nd depending on how he views the team. I think the NYI and NYR might not make the list because he doesn't want to live in NYC but that is just complete speculation on my part. 

I think it will work out the right way -- because I don't think either of those guys is that good. I'd rather have Soupy on a 1-year deal than either of those guys on a 5-year deal.

I have a lot of interest in Soupy on a short deal.

Let me propose this, what if Anaheim Murray called up Buffalo Murray and offered package including Lindholm for Evander Kane.

For the record I really like Kane on the Sabres

Really depends on the other pieces.

Richards: .@FlaPanthers getting the negotiating rights to UFA defenseman Keith Yandle for a draft pick as well as a conditional if he signs.

Let me propose this, what if Anaheim Murray called up Buffalo Murray and offered package including Lindholm for Evander Kane.

For the record I really like Kane on the Sabres

I love Evander but this is an interesting question. Certainly would necessitate a second winger addition (assuming Vesey signs). That's when you call Edmonton and beg for Hall or Eberle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.