Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

The Ducks want ice time for Theodore plus they have Despres and Stoner and Bieksa still in the mix also. It's not that hard to imagine Fowler being available for Ennis and something else. IMO GMTM already laid the ground work for this trade at the deadline with a handshake agreement to reconvene after the playoffs.

Unlike some other teams, the Ducks are not yet in cap hell, so I don't see them giving up any of those 3 guys without getting a boatload in return. I don't see us having enough without dangling that 1st round pick and I don't see GMTM giving it up. Someone in the top 10 is going to be hard to give up especially with the draft in Buffalo this year.

Ducks do have an internal budget however, and Bob Murray certainly hinted he wasn't going to be able to keep things together and give Vatanen and Lindholm what they wanted.

The Fowler reaction is more evidence that many fans have no comprehension of how imperfect a good NHL defenceman really is.

I think a lot of fans around the league have comprehension of how good Sam Reinhart really is.

Edited by dudacek

Ducks do have an internal budget however, and Bob Murray certainly hinted he wasn't going to be able to keep things together and give Vatanen and Lindholm what they wanted.

The Fowler reaction is more evidence that many fans have no comprehension of how imperfect a good NHL defenceman really is.

I think a lot of fans around the league have comprehension of how good Sam Reinhart really is.

I agree with you but we're not the only team looking for Dmen. I can't imagine Edmonton not being able to outbid us for any of them. Especially with them being willing to blow it up this offseason.

I agree. Fowler was really, really good in the series. I think the fact that he was always on the ice perhaps makes him a scapegoat for Ducks fans, who seem pretty clueless in general. He played over 27 minutes in Game 7. He led the Ducks in ice time this year and they gave up the fewest goals in the NHL. He plays in all situations. I'd take him in a second if Murray can work out a deal with his old club.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Goose-Preds-Cook-Ducks/6/76632

I also think it's an illustration of how important defensive pairs are. Fowler spent most of the series (and season, actually) dragging around Bieksa's corpse. Hard to look great doing that.

Although I should be careful, if Bieksa played here you'd probably be defending him because of your misplaced reverence of old warriors :p

I also think it's an illustration of how important defensive pairs are. Fowler spent most of the series (and season, actually) dragging around Bieksa's corpse. Hard to look great doing that.

Although I should be careful, if Bieksa played here you'd probably be defending him because of your misplaced reverence of old warriors :p

I despise Bieksa.

Then again, I did when he was young and good too.

And I am in favour of Mike Ramsey making a comeback, so you may have something here.

I know the guy gets carried away sometimes and needs an editor/proof reader but Garth comes up with some really good ideas at Sabresbuzz on how to improve the Sabres once in a while and has been right on some big trades lately (Kane/ROR) His newest fluff calls for GMTM to trade for Perry and Fowler from Anaheim. Idk about anyone else but that's bona-fide improvement IMO. Perry needs to step up in the playoffs, maybe a change of scenery and teammates will help.

Here's the proposal, it's a long read otherwise.

2017 1st Rounder

2016 and 2017 2nd rounder

Tyler Ennis (forward)

Zemgus Girgensons (forward)

Mark Pysyk (defenseman)

Nick Baptiste (forward)

This is a speculation thread after all ????

I know the guy gets carried away sometimes and needs an editor/proof reader but Garth comes up with some really good ideas at Sabresbuzz on how to improve the Sabres once in a while and has been right on some big trades lately (Kane/ROR) His newest fluff calls for GMTM to trade for Perry and Fowler from Anaheim. Idk about anyone else but that's bona-fide improvement IMO. Perry needs to step up in the playoffs, maybe a change of scenery and teammates will help.

2017 1st Rounder

Tyler Ennis (forward)

Mark Pysyk (defenseman)

Nick Baptiste (forward)

So basically every spare parts we have

2017 1st Rounder

Tyler Ennis (forward)

Mark Pysyk (defenseman)

Nick Baptiste (forward)

A trade for Perry AND Fowler that doesn't touch our 2016 first plus one of the big four? I wish.

The thing that sucks is that Ennis and girgs are at an all time low for trade value and yes, we have a lot of picks, but what does a bunch of 3rd round picks get you? Psysk is a nice piece to dangle, but we need Dmen, and he's not a centerpiece. I am a tad concerned that we won't be able to make a large splash this off-season and drafting 8th may not pay dividends right away.

The thing that sucks is that Ennis and girgs are at an all time low for trade value and yes, we have a lot of picks, but what does a bunch of 3rd round picks get you? Psysk is a nice piece to dangle, but we need Dmen, and he's not a centerpiece. I am a tad concerned that we won't be able to make a large splash this off-season and drafting 8th may not pay dividends right away.

This X 1000

1) So keep them. It was merely a year ago that most of us were really excited to see what Ennis and Girgensons could do on a good team. Girgensons made every single teammate he spent significant time with better and Ennis is a lock for 40 points. Could be much, much worse.

2) I'm positive #8 won't pay dividends this year. And that's fine. Nothing wrong with having cheap help on the way when we're closer to the cap.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1) So keep them. It was merely a year ago that most of us were really excited to see what Ennis and Girgensons could do on a good team. Girgensons made every single teammate he spent significant time with better and Ennis is a lock for 40 points. Could be much, much worse.

2) I'm positive #8 won't pay dividends this year. And that's fine. Nothing wrong with having cheap help on the way when we're closer to the cap.

I do Worry about Ennis and his long term health, his size plus concussion =worry some, and girgs maybe had a down year (hopefully), looking at what we have and in *speculation* talks those 2 seem to be thrown out a lot, I mean we are not trading jack, risto or Samson. I just don't know if we have anything we could part with that wouldn't have us up in arms, it's rare to make good hockey trades these days.

As for #8,i would love to try and trade up as far as possible, but paragraph 1 throws a monkey wrench into that idea, as we would need to give up a great prospect to get a new one. I doubt a combo of picks plus those mentioned moves us up.

I still think we need to splash somehow this off-season to make a push for playoffs, I think we are close but we can't stand pat and expect aggressively different results.

Shattenkirk mentioned he is open to a trade and he would like to be in the Eastern Conference.

During his playoff run?

Spot on on both accounts

So, apparently the Leafs may go Laine + Stamkos over Matthews. McKenzie saying the Leafs will take a run at Stamkos no matter what, and then others speculate if that means going for Laine > Matthews

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-leafs-take-hard-run-steven-stamkos-ufa/

UND's Drake Caggiula returned home yesterday after visiting approximately 8 NHL teams, with a decision expected this week...

Per Friedman

His decision probably has a large impact on Vessey's

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.