Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-p-k-subbans-name-has-come-up-in-trade-talks-montreal-canadiens-marc-bergevin-tva-louis-jean/

Canadians rumoured to have gauged interest on the trade market for Subban.    Find that hard to believe but this is the rumour thread :P

Therrien threw him under the bus the other night and I don't think those two get along generally.

Did the rounds to find out if Subban is on the market. One team executive said "his name has come up". @TVASports

From Louis Jean from TVA Sports

:o

I've always like Mantha and then sort of forgot about him since guys don't make Detroit until they're like 35 (Larkin excluded)

Detroit is excellent at that

Would do Reinhart+ or Risto+. But it ain't happening.

No way, Jose. 

Reinhart and Risto are protected assets. No way I'd trade either of them for Subban's contract.

I think that Eichel will be better than PK.

I think that Risto will be better than PK defensively, and worse offensively (we will see how much worse, hopefully not by much).

I think that Reinhart will be about as effective a player as PK.

PK is definitely the best player right now, but sacrificing one of our young guns for him isn't worth it. Not to mention it would give us even less cap flexibility.

Reinhart and Risto are protected assets. No way I'd trade either of them for Subban's contract.

I think that Eichel will be better than PK.

I think that Risto will be better than PK defensively, and worse offensively (we will see how much worse, hopefully not by much).

I think that Reinhart will be about as effective a player as PK.

PK is definitely the best player right now, but sacrificing one of our young guns for him isn't worth it. Not to mention it would give us even less cap flexibility.

:wub:

Pernell Karl is my favorite player in the league, other than Sabres.  The Sabres have a first-round pick that will be a lottery pick.  I would be willing to give it up for him.  As for current roster players, there are plenty who are off-limits for me.

Pernell Karl is my favorite player in the league, other than Sabres.  The Sabres have a first-round pick that will be a lottery pick.  I would be willing to give it up for him.  As for current roster players, there are plenty who are off-limits for me.

I'm not giving that lotto pick up.

Not top 5, I'd do it

Here's the thing. If PK moves, it's for next season, at the draft. And, if they move PK, it's for star forwards that help them win now, while Price is still in his prime....PK for Stamkos?

Edited by WildCard

Bold prediction: Therrien and Bergeron get fired as many times as Billy Martin before Subban gets traded.

Exactly!  It would be a giant **** show in Montreal if Subban was traded.  I would say it's safer that they would trade Patches before him and Price. 

Not top 5, I'd do it

Here's the thing. If PK moves, it's for next season, at the draft. And, if they move PK, it's for star forwards that help them win now, while Price is still in his prime....PK for Stamkos?

Why wouldn't they move him now, assuming they're serious?  Playoff hopes look grim.  And especially in a Stamkos deal, where they'd want to be able to lock up Stamkos prior to July 1.  They have to have his rights as of deadline day to do that.

Switch Bogo for Pysyk and toss in Reinhardt and they might return your call. Might.

Too rich.  

Why wouldn't they move him now, assuming they're serious?  Playoff hopes look grim.  And especially in a Stamkos deal, where they'd want to be able to lock up Stamkos prior to July 1.  They have to have his rights as of deadline day to do that.

Too rich.  

I agree, I wouldn't do it. Its just what it'd take. 

Relevant: http://www.stutteringbuffalo.com/teen-willing-to-trade-ennis-gionta-and-the-remains-of-dmitri-kalinin-for-elite-superstar/

Exactly! It would be a giant **** show in Montreal if Subban was traded. I would say it's safer that they would trade Patches before him and Price.

I agree and I would freaking love to add Pacioretty if the Habs decide to scapegoat the Yankee.

Ennis, Pysyk and a #2 for Pacioretty? Who says no?

Too rich.  

He just feels like too big a part of that team to be a deadline deal. Wait until the draft, when you know who's drafting where, and when you can sit down for a few months and really evaluate your team and the interest in him before deciding on what you want back for him. The Stamkos deal is the only one I could see happening for him at the deadline.

Though....maybe....RNH and Eberle? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.