Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Kevin Millar of the Bruins was signed to an extension with an AAV of 2.5 Million per season. Needless to say the Bahstan Media was quite puzzled by the move.

Joe Haggerty of CSN covers the Bruins was told by a source close to the situation this might be a quid pro quo to Millar's Agent Peter Fish as he also represents Jimmy Vesey and this puts them in the lead to sign him. 

:(

Kevin Millar of the Bruins was signed to an extension with an AAV of 2.5 Million per season. Needless to say the Bahstan Media was quite puzzled by the move.

Joe Haggerty of CSN covers the Bruins was told by a source close to the situation this might be a quid pro quo to Millar's Agent Peter Fish as he also represents Jimmy Vesey and this puts them in the lead to sign him. 

:(

I fail to see how that comes into play at all..

Sounds like a straw grasp to me

I'd give an organ to get McDonagh in a Sabres jersey.

If he's truly available - which I find hard to believe - you get him and you pay what it takes.

A 26-year-old first pairing LD with three years left at $4.7 million? Are you kidding me?

Do we have another ROR package in us?

Pysyk, eight, next year's first and Bailey?

If he's truly available - which I find hard to believe - you get him and you pay what it takes.

A 26-year-old first pairing LD with three years left at $4.7 million? Are you kidding me?

I really don't want to give up Bailey, but I'm not about to pass on McDonagh to hold onto him. So, yes.

I'd give an organ to get McDonagh in a Sabres jersey.

I too would pitch in an organ. We could get a whole pool of organs going.

Unfortunately, I think any deal for McDonagh starts with Risto, not my liver and your kidney. Back at the trade deadline there was a little chatter about him, and the trade ideas thrown out (by the media) were Edmonton's #1 and/or RNH/Hall/Draisaitl, Duchene+, Marner+... I think we'd have to ante up 2 first rounders to get them interested because we don't have the prospects, something like dudacek put forth. Their future draft picks are barren so I'm sure they'd consider, but I'm not sure I want to fall down the same path.

As much as I love McDonagh, another thing to consider are concussions. He missed 11 days after the concussion he suffered in the Simmonds altercation. Then he missed another week after the Komarov hit, although the Rangers later said he didn't suffer a concussion that time. Certainly not as concerning as Ennis, and not something that would keep me from going after him hard, but something to keep in mind when selling the farm for him. In today's NHL it's a sad reality. 

Rangers fans discussed this over on their forum, and they seem to be downplaying the return for McDonagh. Interesting...

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?17882-How-Much-Could-Rangers-Get-in-a-Ryan-McDonagh-Trade

I don't see anyone outside of Buffalo thinking Entity is anything more then a mediocre/backup goaltender. He went to the Kings and is now complaining cause he thought he would get more playing time behind Quick. Someone will bring him in as a potential backup with the "chance in training camp" to compete for a starting job

McDonagh is not available.  The source for that theory is Larry Brooks, who is not credible, and who is merely speculating about what might happen.

McDonagh is not available.  The source for that theory is Larry Brooks, who is not credible, and who is merely speculating about what might happen.

Yes.  Not that I want to drive traffic to Brooks, but here's the original.  All he says is that the Rangers are willing to listen to offers.  I'm sure the Sabres are willing to listen to offers for just about everyone, too.  http://nypost.com/2016/05/25/you-might-not-recognize-anyone-on-the-rangers-next-season/

Says the guy who predicted a Hampus Lindolm trade in the Tom Webster contest :P

Well, many knowledgeable hockey writers have opined that Anaheim is going to trade one of its good young defensemen.  Bottom line is that they are a budget-constrained team and it is entirely reasonable to think they won't be able to pay all of them.

With that as the context, I don't see any compelling reason why Lindholm would be materially less likely than the others to be traded -- particularly when GMTM starts swinging for the fences.

You're really asking for a dissection of your predictions in that thread, innit?  Perhaps when I have some time this weekend.

Well, many knowledgeable hockey writers have opined that Anaheim is going to trade one of its good young defensemen.  Bottom line is that they are a budget-constrained team and it is entirely reasonable to think they won't be able to pay all of them.

With that as the context, I don't see any compelling reason why Lindholm would be materially less likely than the others to be traded -- particularly when GMTM starts swinging for the fences.

You're really asking for a dissection of your predictions in that thread, innit?  Perhaps when I have some time this weekend.

Because he's substantially better than the others. Anyway, dissect away, I was having fun with it more than really trying to win :)

Because he's substantially better than the others. Anyway, dissect away, I was having fun with it more than really trying to win :)

His coach doesn't appear to think so -- Fowler had more ice time during the regular season and the playoffs (with a bigger spread in the playoffs), and their scoring stats were pretty much identical.

Yes.  Not that I want to drive traffic to Brooks, but here's the original.  All he says is that the Rangers are willing to listen to offers.  I'm sure the Sabres are willing to listen to offers for just about everyone, too.  http://nypost.com/2016/05/25/you-might-not-recognize-anyone-on-the-rangers-next-season/

As long as it doesn't start with Rick and end with Nash, I'm good.  I don't want that once great Nash, turned into a shell of himself. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

As long as it doesn't start with Rick and end with Nash, I'm good.  I don't want that once great Nash, turned into a shell of himself. 

I'd be ok with kicking him around for a couple years.

Friedman reviews key decisions facing Blues

“The other thing too is Backes – Jeremy Rutherford, who is a great reporter in St. Louis, he reported that the last contract offer that Backes turned down was three years at 5.5 per. I had heard that there was a willingness to go to four and 24. Four times six. And I still don’t think at this point in time that’s going to get it done.”

Also: “If you, for argument’s sake, put Shattenkirk on the market, I think you’re going to do very well because I think he’s got a lot to bring everybody in this league.”

Friedman still sees ‘good chance’ Barrie gets traded

“I still think there’s a good chance that Barrie is getting moved.”

Friedman: Detroit ‘most likely team’ to land Radulov

“I also think that right now, if I had to pick where Radulov was going in the NHL, I’d say Detroit is the most likely team. I’m not saying for sure 100 percent it’s going to happen, but it sounds like that there’s an attempt being made for him to go there, and to sign him.”

McKenzie: I believe Stamkos wants to stay in Tampa, all things being equal. I believe #TBLightning want him to stay, all things being equal.

McKenzie/Stamkos: The tricky thing is what's his value? My guess is the #TBLightning are going to need this to come in under $9 million.

More Friedman

Jim Benning is far from done in terms of shopping. Even though it looks like the Canucks are more likely to embrace a rebuild than they are anything else, I think Benning is fully going after the renovation. ‘Let’s tweak here or there. Let’s add pieces so that this team can contend for a playoff spot as early as next season.’

“It’s not going to be easy to do, but at least now he’s got certainty in Gudbranson coming to the Vancouver Canucks, as opposed to the ongoing negotiations with Dan Hamhuis, if you will. There’s whispers and rumors about maybe Kris Russell going into the free agent pool, leaving the Dallas Stars, and Vancouver having interest there.

“Now at least he has a sure piece that he paid a premium price for, but he’s got that piece.”

Edited by WildCard

I'm going with Enroth.

My belief is that Enroth would be more appealing due to his play in the West than Johnson (who has more natural size) in Buffalo.  All things being equal $$ says Enroth is going to cost more. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.