WildCard

How's that Vermette trade looking now?

It could be the worst trade ever, but he's holding the cup, right now.

I'm getting reports from my buddy in Chicago. He says the fireworks haven't stopped since the horn blew. Sounds like artillery fire.

Im glad this season is done. Let's get the draft and free agency here so we can once again get excited for Sabres hockey because let's admit it that these have been the longest two seasons of watching sabres hockey ever. I want to see Murray and his scouts make moves and I'm not talking about overpaying for O'Reilly. Draft some good young players, try to get that free agent defenseman that is Columbus property for the moment and continue to find players to speed up this rebuild.

And keep this in mind, the Trib ran a front page sports section story about Stan Mikita's battle with dementia today. When I mentioned to a Blackhawk "fan" what a shame about Stan, his response was who? These people don't deserve what hey have. We do bring it GMTM.

Thought I heard Doc E. say that only six Blackhawks have been around to win all three cups the last six years. Yes, that's a testament to the talented core they developed, but it's also an indication of how good their management is. Amazing, really. 

The Hawks are too good. The St. Louis Cardinals, The Patriots ( :sick: ), the Spurs, and the Blackhawks: some franchises in sports just do it right, and Chicago is one of them.

All of you silly posters who doubted them  :nana:

Dynasty

Yep, and of course there are already people saying the Blackhawks should not be considered a dynasty team. Some are saying you need at least 4. I'm calling bs on that one. Not taking anything away from the Islanders and Oilers, but it's a different era. Today there's a salary cap and more teams. In the early 80's, when the Islanders went on their run, there were only 21 teams. Let me stress I am not taking anything away from the Islanders and Oilers. Just stressing the NHL back then and the NHL today are two different eras. This Blackhawks team deserves to be known as a dynasty. 

1) That was a great, great series. Speed, skill, evenly matched teams...couldn't ask for more. Shame we didn't get a game 7.

2) A Dman winning the Conn Smythe is awesome.

3) Had a conversation with a friend last night about Timonen. I feel like if I were a great player, but didn't win the Cup until I was a hasbeen, the feeling of accomplishment would be diminished at least a little. My friend strongly disagreed. Thoughts?

4) I'll always find it fascinating the reputations players get among fans and in the media. If Stamkos last name were Crosby or Ovechkin, he'd be getting crushed for lack of production. As is, it's just sort of "he needed to do more" but the commentary feels to me like it's missing the vitriol other players get. Meanwhile, I believe the broadcast mentioned Toews only has 3 goals in Cup Final games, and is known as one of the most clutch players in the game. I guess the old "winning solves everything" applies to more than just locker room dysfunction.

6) I'm conscious at 6 AM. Words cannot describe how awful this is. If it were Thursday I'd probably spend all my free time today posting in the complaint thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.