Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

photo-thumb-245.gif?_r=0 Posted by rickshaw on 09 March 2015 - 02:17 PM in The Aud Club

Teddy is gone in 16 games. I'd be shocked if he weren't fired. No way you want Nolan "teaching" McDavid how to play hockey. Yikes.

Next coach, has a Cup and knows all about bringing along a Superstar or two. His name, Dan Bylsma.

Just sayin'.......... Called it!

So this is an endorsement then?

I agree with both of these thoughts. Oil fans riot if they don't take Canadian McDavid.

Eichel and Disco give us a real USA vibe. The games against any Canadian team I can hear the USA USA USA chants already.

Except when Toronto is here. If people insist on selling Leaf tix to Canadians I can also hear a Go Canada Go chant in our barn.

I don't want to hear that in our barn. Season ticket holders please, if you are selling your Leaf games, don't be like dumb Rob Lowe. Sell them to Americans only.

I feel bad for our other big star in Reinhart then.

So this is an endorsement then?

I agree with both of these thoughts. Oil fans riot if they don't take Canadian McDavid.

Eichel and Disco give us a real USA vibe. The games against any Canadian team I can hear the USA USA USA chants already.

Except when Toronto is here. If people insist on selling Leaf tix to Canadians I can also hear a Go Canada Go chant in our barn.

I don't want to hear that in our barn. Season ticket holders please, if you are selling your Leaf games, don't be like dumb Rob Lowe. Sell them to Americans only.

I'm a huge fan of USA Hockey. but.......I don't think I've ever enjoyed USA chants at NHL games.  

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why John Wawrow felt compelled to apologize publicly to Paul Hamilton on Twitter after the DB introductory press conference?

In addition to what he posted here, I think he may've Tweeted out some stuff about how the WGR people were being made to look like lackeys -- not breaking a story because they'd been told to stand down by PSE. Then some on Twitter gathered around and started with the "FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!" chants. I think Wawrow may've deleted the offending Tweets.

I feel bad for our other big star in Reinhart then.

Not Enzo?

I'm a huge fan of USA Hockey. but.......I don't think I've ever enjoyed USA chants at NHL games.  

I I have with Miller. We will with Babcock and Bylsma. Him being American with Eichel you don't think some chants get generated against Team Canada coach now coaching Canada's team?

I'm sorry but the people fearing the Oil taking Eichel have just fallen into the trap of being a fan. It's okay. I love Eichel, too. But McDavid is the better prospect. Period. The Oil are taking McDavid. If we were picking one we would be taking McDavid.

There's nothing to see here. We win by getting Eichel. But we still lost the lottery and lost out on the better prospect. We've talked ourselves into thinking otherwise, but that's how fans work. It's okay. But it's wrong to suddenly think that Eichel is better purely because we started paying more attention to him. If anything it should just reassure everybody that securing last place was the best route for this team.

I agree with everything you said, but even during the season at one point there was some legitimate discussion about just how much of a difference there was between McD and Eich (i.e., not much).  Not by Buffalo fans -- in the media.

Not Enzo?

I I have with Miller. We will with Babcock and Bylsma. Him being American with Eichel you don't think some chants get generated against Team Canada coach now coaching Canada's team?

I know it's all in fun, but it really doesn't make sense.

I agree with everything you said, but even during the season at one point there was some legitimate discussion about just how much of a difference there was between McD and Eich (i.e., not much). Not by Buffalo fans -- in the media.

That was when, and only when, McDavid was hurt. Once he came back and went on a tear those discussion disappeared in an instant. McDavid is the better prospect.

Oh well. Your thoughts don't concern me though.

Yeah it might, just might piss off Reinhart, Risto, Ennis, Kane, Girgensons....

It won't piss any Canadian player off. I would be willing to bet it happens too.

That was when, and only when, McDavid was hurt. Once he came back and went on a tear those discussion disappeared in an instant. McDavid is the better prospect.

McDavid is most definitely the better prospect, now who ends up the better player, idk.  For instance the top 5 selection from the 2006 NHL draft were:

1. Erik Johnson
  2. Jordan Staal
  3. Jonathan Toews
  4. Nicklas Backstrom
  5. Phil Kessel

Looking back the best player from those top 5 is Toews but in 2006 he was not the best prospect.  I am looking forward to Jack Eichel on the Sabres. 

It really does though...Toronto with all their fans vs Buffalo and more importantly, the Canadian coach who left us in the dust for the bigger, flashier Canadian city. I can't think of a better game than the first one to fire that one up.

It really does though...Toronto with all their fans vs Buffalo and more importantly, the Canadian coach who left us in the dust for the bigger, flashier Canadian city. I can't think of a better game than the first one to fire that one up.

Hey, if you want to pump Phil Kessel's tires, fine. Chant away.

McDavid is most definitely the better prospect, now who ends up the better player, idk. For instance the top 5 selection from the 2006 NHL draft were:

• Erik Johnson
  • Jordan Staal
  • Jonathan Toews
  • Nicklas Backstrom
  • Phil Kessel
Looking back the best player from those top 5 is Toews but in 2006 he was not the best prospect. I am looking forward to Jack Eichel on the Sabres.

Mhm. There's a reason I bolded prospect.

Not Enzo?

I take that back, I liked it once to taunt Laviolette who was the USA coach, and once when Miller returned from the Olympics. That was nice..  But chanting USA when half the team is Canadian has just has always struck me as silly. 

I take that back, I liked it once to taunt Laviolette who was the USA coach, and once when Miller returned from the Olympics. That was nice..  But chanting USA when half the team is Canadian has just has always struck me as silly. 

Of course it is. But I'm only saying I think it happens. Fights over ice cream at Leaf games are silly too but I've seen it happen.

Leaf games this year are going be ugly in the stands if it's the usual 70 % full of Canadians.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.