Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

Bylsma already committed a faux pas: he forgot to mention Kane when he was talking about "star players" who will be under the microscope.  Predicted results: coaching issue with Kane.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Enjoyed the presser. Something about his countenance appeals to me; like he's ready to tell a joke or that he knows something but he's just not gonna let you in on it just yet. Anyway, nice first impression.

GO SABRES!!!

I didn't need the clip to know exactly what you were talking about.   :flirt:

Very happy to know that...I wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on that.

Isn't a reasonably high tender a 1st and 3rd? That's my guess as to the type of offer sheet he sends out. That said, I'm leery of giving up next year's #1.

For someone like Tyler Toffoli, yes...for someone like Martin Jones it could be just a 3rd round pick.

I think the "idea" shared on WGR by Yost(I think?) was Toffoli for a 1st and 2nd and Jones for a 3rd, I believe.

(EDIT: Maybe it was Toffoli for a 1st and 3rd, and Jones for a 2nd.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Very happy to know that...I wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on that.

For someone like Tyler Toffoli, yes...for someone like Martin Jones it could be just a 3rd round pick.

I think the "idea" shared on WGR by Yost(I think?) was Toffoli for a 1st and 2nd and Jones for a 3rd, I believe.

(EDIT: Maybe it was Toffoli for a 1st and 3rd, and Jones for a 2nd.)

I thought it was your edit, but whatever. I'd offer sheet Toffoli in a heartbeat if I could fill out the rest of the roster to sniff the playoffs. But gunning for a 40+ point improvement and gambling on it with what could be a high lottery pick is one hell of a risk.

The fact Murray wouldn't give up the Sabres' 3rd, tells me he has RFA offer sheet plans.

Zero doubt about it. (But a 3rd round tender seems very, very easy for a team to match.)

Or he thinks the Sabres will finish worse than the other team's whose picks they own.

I hate to say it, but that was a boring start. 

Still I welcome it. I'm embracing the Disco.

A Pens Blogger mentioned that he will take a few seconds prior to answering a question and usually is not a great quote.

He's a winner though, that works

Unless DDB is that much better than the next guy on TM's list, I would have told $hit$burgh to go pound salt.  The Sabres are taking the salary of your former coach off your books.  If that isn't good enough, then FU.

I don't like pissing away draft picks that are meant to keep the cupboards restocked.

Edited by LabattBlue

The one thing that stuck out to me, and there wasn't much, was the answer to what Bylsma plans to do about possession numbers.

I paraphrase: "It all starts with quick transitions in the defensive zone."

This is pretty much the opposite of Ted Nolan, who tethered the defense to their own goal line. I think Disco will emphasize the two touch transition. 

The last Sabres who were really good at it were Campbell and Teppo.  

If this is the case look for Murray to find a puck mover through  a trade, or through the draft. 

The one thing that stuck out to me, and there wasn't much, was the answer to what Bylsma plans to do about possession numbers.

I paraphrase: "It all starts with quick transitions in the defensive zone."

This is pretty much the opposite of Ted Nolan, who tethered the defense to their own goal line. I think Disco will emphasize the two touch transition.

The last Sabres who were really good at it were Campbell and Teppo.

If this is the case look for Murray to find a puck mover through a trade, or through the draft.

Sekera. Great skater, left shot, top-4 ability. I can't think of a better fit.

Unless DDB is that much better than the next guy on TM's list, I would have told $hit$burgh to go pound salt. The Sabres are taking the salary of your former coach off your books. If that isn't good enough, then FU.

I don't like pissing away draft picks that are meant to keep the cupboards restocked.

Coaches would have to be identical for me to go to plan B over a 3rd round pick, especially since we have four of them next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.