The Ryan O'Reilly super thread 2015!!!

LGR4GM

Hmm. ^

But. Doesn't he project better as a full time wing? And if we pencil him in on Eichel's left, he's going to get a bump.

I just doubt his shooting percentage magically jumps that high for years at a time.

I'll go on record against selling the farm for ROR. If I'm wrong in hindsight a few years from now give me the gears. 8 mil. for 20 goals plus some decent intangibles is too much. We can develop our own ROR in big Z or whomever we have in the pipeline that projects into that type of role. Its too early to say none of our guys can develop into that type of player.

Does ROR become more valuable for what he adds to the bench and the kids coming up that justifies the price? I could probably make that argument but am not willing to overpay to do it.

We can stay the course without him if we have to give up a ridiculous haul. Paying this dude is a punishment enough given the demands. I am not one of those something for nothing people.

21, McCabe and Hodgson and I'm good. Call me if someone offers you a better package and I'll consider the options.  

I' will take whatever GMTM does however and roll with it because one thing is for certain, Darcy would have never done it.

If Murrays deals for O'Reilly and he gives up a ton I'm gonna be pissed. I'm not thrilled about a player that wants big money for putting up 40-55 points a season.

Does ROR become more valuable for what he adds to the bench and the kids coming up that justifies the price? I could probably make that argument but am not willing to overpay to do it.

We can stay the course without him if we have to give up a ridiculous haul. Paying this dude is a punishment enough given the demands. I am not one of those something for nothing people.

21, McCabe and Hodgson and I'm good. Call me if someone offers you a better package and I'll consider the options.  

I' will take whatever GMTM does however and roll with it because one thing is for certain, Darcy would have never done it.

I would be fine if Buffalo gave Colorado those three for O'Reilly. My concerns is the amount of money he wants. I don't want to pay a player like him that kind of money.

If Murrays deals for O'Reilly and he gives up a ton I'm gonna be pissed. I'm not thrilled about a player that wants big money for putting up 40-55 points a season.

I would be fine if Buffalo gave Colorado those three for O'Reilly. My concerns is the amount of money he wants. I don't want to pay a player like him that kind of money.

But we'd end up having to pay one of our young players that develops into that type of player when their contract is due.  So I'm not sure whey paying a player that's there now is so far fetched. 

Someone said they want a 1st, a player, and a prospect. Does 21, Bogo, and Grigorenko get it done? I suppose it depends on what Roy thought of Grigo when he coached him, but if that works I'd take it.

That's a lot for Drew Stafford 2.0