The Ryan O'Reilly super thread 2015!!!

LGR4GM

Serious question, though: Is RoR as a $60m man a bad investment? What's a fair price?

If the Buffalo Sabres traded Pysyk, Foligno and 31 or Girogrenko for ROR, and ROR took a 6.5mil 7 year deal, I would be content. 

Serious question, though: Is RoR as a $60m man a bad investment? What's a fair price?

To me, $7.5 million per is fair given recent contracts. Stastny got $7 million as a UFA for 4 years, and he was a handful of years older at time of signing. Toews new deal is $10.5 per, so it's not like he'd get a deal worth as much as one of the best in the league.

To me, $7.5 million per is fair given recent contracts. Stastny got $7 million as a UFA for 4 years, and he was a handful of years older at time of signing. Toews new deal is $10.5 per, so it's not like he'd get a deal worth as much as one of the best in the league.

I'm willing to overpay for O'Reilly. Getting anchors for the forward lines cost money. 

LHS versus RHS. With Bogosian and Risto on the Sabres, Pysyk will be slotted on that 3rd pairing.

We don't know this. He wouldn't be the first Dman in history to play on his off hand. Plenty of teams end up with more left shots than right shots, I don't see why we can't do the opposite, at least in theory.

We don't know this. He wouldn't be the first Dman in history to play on his off hand. Plenty of teams end up with more left shots than right shots, I don't see why we can't do the opposite, at least in theory.

If Buffalo picks at 21....I'm expecting a left wing/left shot.  Buffalo has Right handed centers, and Right handed D. Need a sniper on the left. 

If Buffalo picks at 21....I'm expecting a left wing/left shot. Buffalo has Right handed centers, and Right handed D. Need a sniper on the left.

Our forward situation is weird. All of our current wingers are left shots, but all of our wing prospects are right shots. Talk about off balance.

Next person that puts BOGO in a trade deal gets duct taped to a seat on a public bus during the burrito festival.

Dress me like Eichelcorn and strap me in, because I'm pretty sure if this O'Reilly thing drags out I'm tossing another Bogosian trade idea out there :lol: Edited by TrueBluePhD

Kypreos on GR right now, states EDM, TOR and BUF are in on ROR

I'm an atheist but if there's a just and loving God in the sky then Edmonton or Toronto will be stuck with the tab of overpaying for O'Reilly. $7 + million plus whatever in asset overpayment for a guy who has scored 20 goals once in his career and plays a good defensive game isn't worth it. He probably would be worth it to Toronto because he can be their first line center. In Buffalo, he'd be taking up a large chunk of the cap to play 3rd line center or be pushed to the wing where we already have enough guys who can play left wing (Kane, Moulson, Foligno, Deslauriers, Grigorenko, Larsson) and already have a good left winger playing on his off side (Ennis).

Edited by Drunkard