Netflix

JJFIVEOH

Could not get into Mad Men at all.  Managed three episodes.  Not a single likable character in the bunch.  Although, Christina Hendricks is more than easy on the eyes.

too bad to hear you could not get into Mad Men.....Don Draper, Peggy Olson, Pete Campbell, and for my money, the best character = Roger Sterling. The guy is a walking one-liner, always on.

Just watched I Hate Christian Laettner, have to agree that's a must see also. Was especially relevant for me b/c I played in a baseball tournament against Laettner's team, and he was playing third base @ (easily) 6'6".

Lost me after season 3. ###### just got weird.

Yeah, the wife and I started watching Weeds a while ago and I'm with you 100% on that one.  It was decent at the start but then it derailed horribly.  For some reason we're still slowly chipping away at it, but we're not really paying attention anymore.  I get a good laugh from Kevin Nealon occasionally, but otherwise I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

I am not into motorcycles in the least. I flipped it on one day and I watched it all the way through.

Re: SOA: Don't worry, you're still not into motorcycles. :) :) I don't want to badmouth it since I haven't watched much of it, but it's soap opera with motorcycle overlay. And I don't mean soap opera as a bad thing either, since that's what a lot of drama tv ends up being. Any Star Trek series: Space opera with wrinkly foreheads. Farscape (which is my current time-filler): Soap Opera with Space-puppets! Continuum: Soap Opera with.. I dunno, that plot is such a mess.

Someone mentioned Turn: good show (soap opera with muskets), season one just popped up on Netflix streaming. Also, Borgia (not "The Borgias") is really good series. What’s amazing to me is they found actors that actually resemble the historical figures.

Mark%2BRyder%2B114.jpg

640px-Cesareborgia.jpg

Re: SOA: Don't worry, you're still not into motorcycles. :) :) I don't want to badmouth it since I haven't watched much of it, but it's soap opera with motorcycle overlay. And I don't mean soap opera as a bad thing either, since that's what a lot of drama tv ends up being. Any Star Trek series: Space opera with wrinkly foreheads. Farscape (which is my current time-filler): Soap Opera with Space-puppets! Continuum: Soap Opera with.. I dunno, that plot is such a mess.

Someone mentioned Turn: good show (soap opera with muskets), season one just popped up on Netflix streaming. Also, Borgia (not "The Borgias") is really good series. What’s amazing to me is they found actors that actually resemble the historical figures.

Mark%2BRyder%2B114.jpg

640px-Cesareborgia.jpg

I know what you mean. What I was getting at, was that there is nothing about the shows premise that says "watch me" to me, but I did one day and I was freaking hooked!

I wanted something fun and dumb for the summer. Hawaii Five-O it is!

My girlfriend and I are doing that with re-watching the entire 3rd rock from the Sun series. It's on Netflix and hulu plus although Netflix is better with the no commercials. Not a bad way to spend an evening staying in when you are caught up on everything from the dvr.

Before we starting re-watching it I don't think I had seen the show in 10 years and it's still funny.

My girlfriend and I are doing that with re-watching the entire 3rd rock from the Sun series. It's on Netflix and hulu plus although Netflix is better with the no commercials. Not a bad way to spend an evening staying in when you are caught up on everything from the dvr.Before we starting re-watching it I don't think I had seen the show in 10 years and it's still funny.

I'm in on 3rd Rock. I watched the first 4 episodes tonight because of your post. I might need to rewatch them with the wife, though. Pretty sure she's going to want to watch them. What a great show.

I'm in on 3rd Rock. I watched the first 4 episodes tonight because of your post. I might need to rewatch them with the wife, though. Pretty sure she's going to want to watch them. What a great show.

It is a great show. John Lithgow is an awesome actor although I really only remember him from 3rd Rock, season 4 of Dexter, and Harry and the Hendersons. I need to IMDB him and see what other roles he's played.

I'm on episode #6 of Game of Thrones, only 45 more to go just to get caught up to the current season. The most difficult part, keeping track of the bloodlines.  

If you have questions, just drop them in the GoT thread we have--plenty of readers/watchers to help you through it. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a good feel for what type of internet connection speed you need for netflix?  I'm trying to get the lowest package I can get by on and netflix is really the only thing I use that is actually eats up any resources.  I do use the PS3 occasionally too, but almost never online.

Does anyone have a good feel for what type of internet connection speed you need for netflix?  I'm trying to get the lowest package I can get by on and netflix is really the only thing I use that is actually eats up any resources.  I do use the PS3 occasionally too, but almost never online.

This doesn't answer your question (don't know the answer), but reminded me of another tip....

Sometimes the audio cuts out when using Netflix on the television in my house.  Apparently if you use Wifi, this somewhat common; you can fix it by connecting ethernet directly to the router.

Does anyone have a good feel for what type of internet connection speed you need for netflix? I'm trying to get the lowest package I can get by on and netflix is really the only thing I use that is actually eats up any resources. I do use the PS3 occasionally too, but almost never online.

You're going to get about 5 maybe 10 mbps less than what you're paying for on average. I get by getting around 15 mbps with no buffering. You probably can get by with less.

Full disclosure, I am no expert. Someone else will probably have a better answer.

You're going to get about 5 maybe 10 mbps less than what you're paying for on average. I get by getting around 15 mbps with no buffering. You probably can get by with less.

Full disclosure, I am no expert. Someone else will probably have a better answer.

I have standard internet through Time Warner (15 mbps) and I stream Netflix to all the bluray players in my house using a wireless router and I usually have no problems even streaming one show in the living room and a different one in the bedroom or garage.

I have standard internet through Time Warner (15 mbps) and I stream Netflix to all the bluray players in my house using a wireless router and I usually have no problems even streaming one show in the living room and a different one in the bedroom or garage.

I guess I should have gone directly to you as it sounds like we are in pretty much the same situation.  Time Warner is my main option and obviously they are trying to push me towards a higher level.  Their first suggestion was actually two levels up from that (30 mbps), which I laughed at.  So it will either come down to the $10 gap between the standard package and the one above it.

But hey, the direct tv rate I just signed up for blows away what I am paying now for Time Warner cable (well, at least for one year anyway).  I'm pumped about that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.