Netflix

JJFIVEOH

30 for 30:

Of Miracles and Men ...

This is the 1980 Olympic Hockey story told through the eyes of the Soviets.   It includes a great history of the Soviet / Russian game and the way one man set out to deliberately change it.

Awesome footage and interviews.  If you're a hockey fan, you'll be glued ..

PS .. apologies if this has been mentioned.

30 for 30:

Of Miracles and Men ...

This is the 1980 Olympic Hockey story told through the eyes of the Soviets.   It includes a great history of the Soviet / Russian game and the way one man set out to deliberately change it.

Awesome footage and interviews.  If you're a hockey fan, you'll be glued ..

PS .. apologies if this has been mentioned.

Absolutely loved it. Watched it a few weeks back myself. 

Anyone want to try out a bizarre movie try ' movie 43 '. Very different is all I can say to explain it. A collection of stories with a whole cast of actors. The first starts off with Kate Blanchets character going on a blind date with Hugh Jackmans character. Jackman plays a very ' ballsy ' dude in this one.

Anyone want to try out a bizarre movie try ' movie 43 '. Very different is all I can say to explain it. A collection of stories with a whole cast of actors. The first starts off with Kate Blanchets character going on a blind date with Hugh Jackmans character. Jackman plays a very ' ballsy ' dude in this one.

That movie was funny as hell with a huge cast of characters in roles you'd never expect out of some and fairly expected out of others. My favorite was probably the Leprechaun scene with Stifler, Johnny Knoxville, and Gerard Butler.

Edited by Drunkard

Down to the season 4 finale. Now I wish there were 13 episodes in a season.

Absolutely. I'm sure many will disagree, but I think the show would be better served with longer seasons. Would really help flesh some stuff out for non book readers and may help the writers with some of their pacing issues.

Watched house of cards and got burnt out through the 2nd season. Did the first season of Agents of Shield even though I heard it had bad reviews but turned out to be pretty well done and had a lot of tie-ins to all the Marvel Avengers movies.

Season 2 of Shield is light years better than season 1, and I think it'll be on Netflix sometime this month.

Anybody watching From Dusk Till Dawn the series? I think it's really well done.

I haven't but I may check it out once I catch up on the shows I'm currently watching. I liked the original movie and was pissed at the sequel because it said it was starring Bruce Campbell and they killed him off in the first 5 minutes.

I haven't but I may check it out once I catch up on the shows I'm currently watching. I liked the original movie and was pissed at the sequel because it said it was starring Bruce Campbell and they killed him off in the first 5 minutes.

Evil dead fan, eh?

Evil dead fan, eh?

Big Bruce Campbell fan in general actually. Guy is awesome. Loved him in the Evil Dead trilogy and most of the other stuff he did. One of my favorites is a show he did back in the early 90's called Jack of All Trades (Wikipedia said the show first aired in 2000 but they are liars because I first watched it back when my Dad was stationed in California and I lived there from 1993-1995). It's classic Bruce Campbell with all the cheesy one liners and sexual innuendo you'd expect out of a character played by him.

I'm waiting on season 3 of Orange is the New Black.   Can't wait for it to start.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/8b002925848c62c9e78954b196abaff9/tumblr_npl6wyCrvC1tztq65o1_500.gif

Friday, right?

I can't be the only person who wonders how they managed to convince Marlon Brando to play the role of the cancer lady on that show.

:D

Big Bruce Campbell fan in general actually. Guy is awesome. Loved him in the Evil Dead trilogy and most of the other stuff he did. One of my favorites is a show he did back in the early 90's called Jack of All Trades (Wikipedia said the show first aired in 2000 but they are liars because I first watched it back when my Dad was stationed in California and I lived there from 1993-1995). It's classic Bruce Campbell with all the cheesy one liners and sexual innuendo you'd expect out of a character played by him.

You're probably thinking of that other show Bruce was in from that era, Brisco County Jr.  He pretty much plays the same character in everything... check that, he awesomely plays the same character in everything.

You're probably thinking of that other show Bruce was in from that era, Brisco County Jr.  He pretty much plays the same character in everything... check that, he awesomely plays the same character in everything.

Maybe so. I looked it up online on other websites like IMDB and they all say 2000 so I probably got it mixed up. Still an awesome show though. Vern Troyer (mini me from Austin Powers) played Napoleon in Jack of All Trades as well. I still remember the damn theme song and I'm at work so I didn't even had my speakers on when I found the link to the show.

I watched Blackfish last night. Wasn't bad.

Saw the debut at the Sarasota Film Festival and met the team afterward. Good movie, awesomely passionate team.

Recommendations: Anyone in SWFL that can check out the annual festival, do it. Crazy interesting. Further, Hoss - given your animal passion, see this flick. It's likely to affirm my understanding of your views.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently discovered they have Columbo.

They have seven seasons of the show.  This will resonate with certain members of this board.  We grew up watching this.

I've started back through, from the beginning.  Definitely low def.  First episode was 1971, 1971!  Love looking at the cars, the technology (did you know they had remote controls of TVs depicted, even way back then, and, it didn't even have a wire).   Meals in diners costs $1.25.  Still waiting to see the gas prices of 32 cents.  That's as low as I remember.

Other things I notice.  No bodies bleed on carpet when shot.  I guess blood evidence got introduced later.  Finger prints are pretty shoddy too.  No worry about fiber evidence either.  No cameras to capture everything.  Rotary phones and pay phones everywhere that cost a dime.  I clearly remember the dime.

I suppose it could potentially be viewed as a spoiler, so click this link at your own risk. I just came across this awesome bit of casting for season two of Daredevil. I don't care too much about the actor choice (he was great in the Walking Dead though), I'm just pumped to see that character added to the show.

I think it's awesome casting. He is known as a method actor. I think he'll get really into the character. He's got the look down pretty well.

This one isn't that current but I just watched ' It might get loud ' featuring Jimmy Page, Jack White and the Edge. It was fantastic and it featured some real cool footage as well as interviews and jams. The highlight for me was at about the 1 hour 24 point when the 3 of them jammed out on ' in my time of dying ' and it kind of morphed into more. They finished the show with a song by the band which was pretty great. If you like rock and the history of rock this ones a winner.

Recently discovered they have Columbo.

They have seven seasons of the show.  This will resonate with certain members of this board.  We grew up watching this.

I've started back through, from the beginning.  Definitely low def.  First episode was 1971, 1971!  Love looking at the cars, the technology (did you know they had remote controls of TVs depicted, even way back then, and, it didn't even have a wire).   Meals in diners costs $1.25.  Still waiting to see the gas prices of 32 cents.  That's as low as I remember.

Other things I notice.  No bodies bleed on carpet when shot.  I guess blood evidence got introduced later.  Finger prints are pretty shoddy too.  No worry about fiber evidence either.  No cameras to capture everything.  Rotary phones and pay phones everywhere that cost a dime.  I clearly remember the dime.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Netflix recently added every single episode of M*A*S*H.

This one isn't that current but I just watched ' It might get loud ' featuring Jimmy Page, Jack White and the Edge. It was fantastic and it featured some real cool footage as well as interviews and jams. The highlight for me was at about the 1 hour 24 point when the 3 of them jammed out on ' in my time of dying ' and it kind of morphed into more. They finished the show with a song by the band which was pretty great. If you like rock and the history of rock this ones a winner.

That's on Netflix?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.