Netflix

JJFIVEOH

I have watched Breaking Bad about 4 times now. Trying to get into Walking Dead but can't for whatever reason

A man after mine own heart.  If you ever wanna Breaking Bad nerd with me, meet me in this thread

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22030-breaking-bad-spoiler-alert/

I'm watching Boardwalk Empire and Archer these days.  But, y'know, mostly the playoffs.

not necessarily Netflix, but Mad Men & Homeland are both fantastic.

Yeah, outside of Netflix I've been tempted to find out what all the hype of Game of Thrones is about. Not sure I want to find myself getting interested and have to catch up on 5 seasons. 

Still can't get my eyes and brain to agree that Mary Louise Parker is 50.

Why bother even trying? Just enjoy.

Yeah, outside of Netflix I've been tempted to find out what all the hype of Game of Thrones is about. Not sure I want to find myself getting interested and have to catch up on 5 seasons.

Well, the seasons are only 10 episodes long, so it could be worse. Edited by TrueBluePhD

not necessarily Netflix, but Mad Men & Homeland are both fantastic.

Could not get into Mad Men at all.  Managed three episodes.  Not a single likable character in the bunch.  Although, Christina Hendricks is more than easy on the eyes.

Which series is everybody watching? I've pretty much given up on everything on TV besides sports and the occasional NatGeo or similar educational program. Right now I'm starting season 3 of House of Cards, just finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black and just started season 2 of Peaky Blinders. Any recommendations to fill the time?

Well, not instant stream like Netflix as for some reason I hardly ever watch.

Series I enjoy now on TV

TURN AMC

SILICON Valley. HBO

Veep. HBO

American Experience PBS

Frontline. PBS

Vice HBO

Nazi Mega Weapons PBS.

Charlie Rose PBS.

I haven't personally watched it, but I've heard really good things about Weeds.

Lost me after season 3. just got weird.

Could not get into Mad Men at all. Managed three episodes. Not a single likable character in the bunch. Although, Christina Hendricks is more than easy on the eyes.

I really thought Peggy was super likeable in season 1 and who didn't love to hate Betty and FFS Sterling is classic. Edited by inkman

Well, not instant stream like Netflix as for some reason I hardly ever watch.

Series I enjoy now on TV

TURN AMC

SILICON Valley. HBO

Veep. HBO

American Experience PBS

Frontline. PBS

Vice HBO

Nazi Mega Weapons PBS.

Charlie Rose PBS.

The frontline and American Experience PBS websites have hundreds of hours of streaming content.

Sometimes I wonder why I pay for Netflix, since I spend so much time streaming PBS or TV sports.

Since we're checking out all avenues, I do also watch Nurse Jackie and Masters of Sex. Once you're seen a few episodes of Lizzy Caplan you'll forget all about the fact that Mary Louise Parker is 50 years old. 

I think of all the ones I've mentioned so far, Peaky Blinders is the best, although I'm only seven episodes into it. 

Why bother even trying? Just enjoy.
Well, the seasons are only 10 episodes long, so it could be worse.

Good point, technically it's not even four seasons going by the typical 13 episode standard (not including the start of season 6).

A man after mine own heart. If you ever wanna Breaking Bad nerd with me, meet me in this thread

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22030-breaking-bad-spoiler-alert/

I'm watching Boardwalk Empire and Archer these days. But, y'know, mostly the playoffs.

I am gonna watch the series once more then save it for a while so It doesn't get old (I don't think it's possible, but not worth the risk). Lol. My profile pic on FB is Mike when he was being questioned by hank and gomie. Mike is the man.

I'm checking out the breaking bad thread now. Also can't wait for Saul to come back

Edited by Kr632

Peaky Blinders is awesome. Love the modern hard rock soundtrack that goes with it. Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys etc..

Yeah, they do a great job of blending in modern music with a show set in post WWI. I like watching a show where most of the cast is unfamiliar, no big high $$ American stars to soak up all the spotlight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.