The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Zadorov....this entire board was changing avatars and "Nikita Pleases" last year. Almost to a person, Girgensons and Zadorov were the only untouchables.

Funny thing happened.....a 2nd year of "culture of failure" took place, and a 19 year old with a mind of his own figured "who gives a whoop if I stay on the beach another day with my juicy peach, or sleep in on an off day? We're going to lose anyway."

Now nobody mentions him as an untouchable and plenty want to use him as trade bait.....12 months later.....

Eichel looks like he will eventually be a really good player. It's a big change from being the crab legs in a chineese buffet to being the crablegs in a pot of doodoo stew.

Zadorov....this entire board was changing avatars and "Nikita Pleases" last year. Almost to a person, Girgensons and Zadorov were the only untouchables.

Funny thing happened.....a 2nd year of "culture of failure" took place, and a 19 year old with a mind of his own figured "who gives a whoop if I stay on the beach another day with my juicy peach, or sleep in on an off day? We're going to lose anyway."

Now nobody mentions him as an untouchable and plenty want to use him as trade bait.....12 months later.....

Eichel looks like he will eventually be a really good player. It's a big change from being the crab legs in a chineese buffet to being the crablegs in a pot of doodoo stew.

Well that's just Bull####.

Zadorov went from playing heavily protected minutes in a whopping 7 games to playing in all situations in 60 games.  So a 19 year old DEFENSMEN wasn't able to withstand a season of game planning for him being on the roster.  So I will repeat, bull####.  Zadorov didn't fail this year because of a "culture of losing" he failed because he was a 19yr old kid not ready for a mans league.

Edited by LGR4GM

Jack Eichel's coach.  General Manager Tim Murray.  both have indicated Jack Eichel is more than ready for the NHL jump.  But hey Buffalo fans have a culture of... DOOOM AND ###### GLOOM.  The only culture of losing is Buffalo Sports Fans.

Man I am so excited to see Jack in Buffalo in October.  Kid is just so good.  

The issue isn't his readiness. It's how he wants to spend his year. We all should be careful about projecting our values onto the kid. He might not care about the money right now.

I'm usually very optimistic about our sports actually. The issue isn't the money, it's as PA says: maybe he just wants to be a kid in college for one more year before starting a very intense and rigorous career. My hope is that he realizes staying there does nothing for his development, and that hes more serious about being the best he can be rather than having some fun in college. 

I'm optimistic he'll come out, but just imagining having to watch a season without him after everything is just frightening 

Well that's just Bull####.

Zadorov went from playing heavily protected minutes in a whopping 7 games to playing in all situations in 60 games.  So a 19 year old DEFENSMEN wasn't able to withstand a season of game planning for him being on the roster.  So I will repeat, bull####.  Zadorov didn't fail this year because of a "culture of losing" he failed because he was a 19yr old kid not ready for a mans league.

So a 19 year old #2 overall drafted center plays a whopping 9 games of heavily protected minutes and only managed 1 assist, WILL BE ready...or, I'm sorry, "fine", next year....in a man's league?

Now we get the shiny 2015 version to trounce out and make 16,000 season ticket holders giddy their $100,000,000 in revenue contribution the past 2 years was worth it!!!!!

So a 19 year old #2 overall drafted center plays a whopping 9 games of heavily protected minutes and only managed 1 assist, WILL BE ready...or, I'm sorry, "fine", next year....in a man's league?

Now we get the shiny 2015 version to trounce out and make 16,000 season ticket holders giddy their $100,000,000 in revenue contribution the past 2 years was worth it!!!!!

Now you are comparing forwards and defenders?  Comparing a kid who grew up on the NA ice surface to one that did not.  

Also Jack Eichel isn't Reinhart. He sure is hell isn't Zadorov.  You said it was a "Culture of Failure" now you want to argue something else.  You're now changing the argument to readiness. Pick one argument, Culture of Failure or Readiness and stick to it. 

Oh and I am still callin b#ll$!t on that other post of yours.  

I will add that if you want to argue "Readiness" it has a hell of lot more legs to stand on than "Culture of Losing"

Now you are comparing forwards and defenders?  Comparing a kid who grew up on the NA ice surface to one that did not.  

Also Jack Eichel isn't Reinhart. He sure is hell isn't Zadorov.  You said it was a "Culture of Failure" now you want to argue something else.  You're now changing the argument to readiness. Pick one argument, Culture of Failure or Readiness and stick to it. 

I will add that if you want to argue "Readiness" it has a hell of lot more legs to stand on than "Culture of Losing"

You had a home crowd of Buffalo Sabres season ticket holders CHEERING THE OPPOSING TEAM FOR THE SABRES TO LOSE!!!!!!

What do you call that?

The Calgary Flames will have as many playoff wins in 3 weeks as the Buffalo Sabres have had in the past 2,850 days........

What do you call that?

You had a home crowd of Buffalo Sabres season ticket holders CHEERING THE OPPOSING TEAM FOR THE SABRES TO LOSE!!!!!!

What do you call that?

The Calgary Flames will have as many playoff wins in 3 weeks as the Buffalo Sabres have had in the past 2,850 days........

What do you call that?

I call this why sabrespace is the best place to get informative spirited debate. 

I miss my old job where i had time to research and try to post more but I could never keep up with heavy weights...

Carry on gentlemen.

What do you call that?

I call that starting the rebuild before us and having players already on the team like Monahan and Johnny Hockey.

I think they're a fun team and on their way to getting even better but I'll be happier with our team in a couple of years.

What do you call that?

What do you call that?

The Calgary Flames missed the playoffs from 2009-2014 and if this page I am looking at is correct they haven't won a playoff series since 2004 when they lost to Tampa in the Finals... or roughly 3285 days not counting the 2005 lockout since they won a playoff series.

You know how they turned it around Sean Monahan and Johnny Hockey... two kids.  Sean Monahan came out of junior hockey after being on a losing team.  He somehow manged to shake his "losing culture" and that of the Flames to help them beat the Vancouver Canucks. Losing Culture is .

You know what wins playoff series?  Guys like Jack Eichel, Zemgus Girgensons, and Rasmus Ristolainen.  

So thanks for using Calgary, they are the perfect example of what I expect from Buffalo going forward. 

Drane, I love you man, but I am going to willfully ignore today's posts.

Until the puck drops in training camp, your avatar is my mantra. 

It's what gets me through.

Unicorns and rainbows. Unicorns and rainbows.

(Not too sure about the Jewish dudes though.)

What do you call that?

What do you call that?

Classic Dwight Drane say nothing with a lot of words post?

Drane, I love you man, but I am going to willfully ignore today's posts.

Until the puck drops in training camp, your avatar is my mantra. 

It's what gets me through.

Unicorns and rainbows. Unicorns and rainbows.

(Not too sure about the Jewish dudes though.)

Jolly Jewish men are even more comforting than unicorns and rainbows.

Edited by qwksndmonster

What do you call that?

What do you call that?

1) I call that analytical behavior.

2) I call that a fluke. I'll eat my words if Calgary does it again next year.

You mean if they do it again while posting similarly bad possession numbers right? Is it possible that as the young players progress enough to where they become a good possession team after one offseason?

Just Drane being Drane.

Drane being Drane for the past 8 years.....like saying the team let all it's grit go in 2006.....like saying Golisano and Quinn only cared about your money.....like saying no matter how much money you have, keeping Regier and Ruff will always end in failure....like saying Hogson was just another pretty boy they would overpay......like saying they should hire LaFontaine, but if he leaves in a few months, you have certified cukoo running the show.....like saying they should draft Horvat, Lazar, and Bennett......then being told I am not a real fan by dozens who no longer post, to kill myself by a handful, that I am a horrible person from people who make money off the Sabres organization, and get banned for merely mentioning a name of someone who I would rather shake the hand of Putin than.

Have I said Eichel is not going to be a good player? Have I not said that there is a small chance he will leave because he may want to stay in his hometown with his family and friends for a year to redeem his school after what he called the best year in his life?

I had to watch a bunch of scumbags the past few months, openly cheer against the team AT THE GAME, and against guys like Mike Weber who was the ONLY player that has been through the past 8 years of hell and would always answer the bell no matter what. He may not be an all-star, but he always steps up in weight class to fight when a teammate is wronged, blocks shots, clears the net, plays the body....there is not 1 other that has done so much for this team. For the same cheeseballs to bitch about him when he says he was hurt that when the supposed Sabres fans openly cheered against him......disgusting.

It's one thing to be sarcastic about someone, or have honest analysis on a forum created for that. It's another thing for a bunch of White Collar Trash to show up at the arena and cheer for failure so they can justify to their soccer wives and themselves why they constantly burn thousands of dollars a year on this franchise. "It's the smart thing to do." "It will all be worth it soon."

Good luck. Some of the same clowns throwing honest players and coaches under the bus are the same clowns who will tell me I am not a fan. I'm glad you felt so good about openly cheering against your team this year as your Pommers, and Roysie, Millsie, and Soupy jersey hang in the closet collecting dust.

But I'm the A$$HOLE................

I'll eat Rosie O'Donnell's sweatbreads if the Sabres win a playoff game next year.....

Eichle is the most NHL ready 18 yo I've seen in years.

Given the choice id choose McDavid.....but eichle really is much more physically stronger, seriously strong, and I really think he has the better shot. (Nasty, accurate, heavy).

I think id take McDavid on any breakaway, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eichle out scores McDavid in the first few years of playing in today's NHL.