The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

we havent drafted him yet

Here:

McEichel Guarantee: If by chance Buffalo does NOT end up with Jack Eichel in the 2015 draft (i.e. trade up for McDavid), we'll send you a free t-shirt of the player they do draft.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Buffalo, NY. Home of USA Hockey.

I love the sound of this  :beer:

I know there a large portion of Canadian Sabres fans, but I will say as an American Sabres fan it will be really awesome watching Eichel in the next Olympic games.

I hope as pick number 2 this motivates Eichel throughout his career to prove he is the better player.  I like getting the US player too.  Don't bother dreaming about McDavid and I hope Murray doesn't try giving anything up for him.  Who knows who will be the best player.  Eichel is bigger and in today's NHL I think that's important.

McDavid will be the better player IMO, but it's comparing apples and oranges. They don't play similar games, and Buffalo has a much better roster than Edmonton going into next year. Eichel will play on a much more talented line to begin with, and his shot and board play will translate into a better rookie campaign IMO. 

I can't wait to play Edmonton in the SCF and run their puny forwards over with Jack and Kane and Bogo.

I think we'd all rather be Buffalo than Edmonton right now  :beer:

I could be wrong, but after watching all the highlights I feel like Eichel's style of play will translate better to the NHL than McDavid's, and I also think he's a better fit for the Sabres right now. He appears to be a much more aggressive player, stronger on the puck, and supremely confident. I'm sure McDavid will be a star, but I am not convinced that there is enough open ice in today's NHL for him to be as dominant as he has been in juniors. My gut tells me that this is the better scenario for Buffalo.

I'm only bummed that of all teams, Edmonton had to win the lottery. With all the blue chip talent they have drafted in recent years, they still stink. What a waste! Columbus would have been nice. But oh well.

Said it above and posted it earlier. His shot and board play will make the transition easier IMO, and given that Murray wants a LA, Chicago mold of toughness mixed with skill, he might prove a long term better fit than McDavid. Would I still have taken McDavid over Eichel? Of course, but with how close in skill they are we have no clue who will have the better career. I'm sure McDavid will post better numbers, and Jack won't be far off from them, but winning is all that matters, and at the end of the day Eichel may win more.

I'd rather be Chicago than Pittsburgh

If there's anything about Eichel I like more than that of McDavid is size and grit coupled with his skill. Where I'd of worried about McDavid being blind sided early in the season, Eichel looks like he'd welcome other teams to try.

Plus if we worry about size at any time, just imagine Kane-Eichel-Girgs, all of them are cut from the same cloth in terms of playing style, play hard 100% of the time. The skill varies, but I'd take a guess in a couple years those 3 potentially could be the scariest 1st line you could play against. If they aren't scoring on you, they're introducing you to the boards.  

Good stuff  :beer:

We definitely seem to be built in a western conference mold, where Edmonton looks like an eastern team, interesting dynamic.

The only thing that makes me sad about today is that it might have lost some fans in Arizona their hockey team. In return for another pick for Edmonton which probably gives their garbage front office a decade long leash when they should be out the door now.

Eh fack Darcy, I laughed when I realized Arizona now gets bumped to third. It was talked about in the other thread, but could you imagine how depressing it would be to be picking third this year?  :sick:

yup stated those facts on hf boards and here sometimes already, also seems to have a wicked shot.

Definitely his best aspect. I really hope he doesn't start trying to please his line-mates all the time and dish it when he should shoot. 

Just my opinion, but digging up old posts is a bit much. Trying a little too hard to make a point or embarrass someone. It's got that political "gotcha" feel to it.

Who remembers who said what a year ago?  I'm impressed.

IMO...Eichel will be GREAT.  They may or may not win a Cup, but for the first time in a long time, it will be EXCITING to be at the FNC for a Sabres game.

Totally agree.

I'm thrilled about EIchel hopefully being a Sabre.  It's Murray that makes me nervous.

24 hours ago I wouldn't have understood this post.  I do now though.

This might be the best edit I've seen yet... I really wonder which number he will choose. 9 won't be available. He's also worn 15 (the assumed choice), 11 (retired) and 46. Birth year is 96. 91 is a popular number around the league lately.

x4IpCpn.jpg

This is the video that I think is most indicative of what we want to see and the player he is...

Forgive me for not providing a link, a picture, or if this has been brought up previously....but I recommend googling "Eichel unicorn". What's not to like about a kid with a sense of humor?

Looks like we've found Koomie's new avatar. ;)

I think this stuff is the reason the NHL shouldn't draft until age 20 .

The kid is barely 18, undrafted, and his private life is public consumption.

Pretty sure he didn't wear that so he could sit in his bedroom all night. I don't think he cares that people see this. You're looking at the photo as though there's something wrong with it. There isn't -- it's humorous.