The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Drane being Drane for the past 8 years.....like saying the team let all it's grit go in 2006.....like saying Golisano and Quinn only cared about your money.....like saying no matter how much money you have, keeping Regier and Ruff will always end in failure....like saying Hogson was just another pretty boy they would overpay......like saying they should hire LaFontaine, but if he leaves in a few months, you have certified cukoo running the show.....like saying they should draft Horvat, Lazar, and Bennett......then being told I am not a real fan by dozens who no longer post, to kill myself by a handful, that I am a horrible person from people who make money off the Sabres organization, and get banned for merely mentioning a name of someone who I would rather shake the hand of Putin than.

Have I said Eichel is not going to be a good player? Have I not said that there is a small chance he will leave because he may want to stay in his hometown with his family and friends for a year to redeem his school after what he called the best year in his life?

I had to watch a bunch of scumbags the past few months, openly cheer against the team AT THE GAME, and against guys like Mike Weber who was the ONLY player that has been through the past 8 years of hell and would always answer the bell no matter what. He may not be an all-star, but he always steps up in weight class to fight when a teammate is wronged, blocks shots, clears the net, plays the body....there is not 1 other that has done so much for this team. For the same cheeseballs to bitch about him when he says he was hurt that when the supposed Sabres fans openly cheered against him......disgusting.

It's one thing to be sarcastic about someone, or have honest analysis on a forum created for that. It's another thing for a bunch of White Collar Trash to show up at the arena and cheer for failure so they can justify to their soccer wives and themselves why they constantly burn thousands of dollars a year on this franchise. "It's the smart thing to do." "It will all be worth it soon."

Good luck. Some of the same clowns throwing honest players and coaches under the bus are the same clowns who will tell me I am not a fan. I'm glad you felt so good about openly cheering against your team this year as your Pommers, and Roysie, Millsie, and Soupy jersey hang in the closet collecting dust.

But I'm the A$$HOLE................

I'll eat Rosie O'Donnell's sweatbreads if the Sabres win a playoff game next year.....

hugs.

Also gotta agree Horvat, Lazar, and Bennett would have made good Sabres.  

Eichle is the most NHL ready 18 yo I've seen in years.

Given the choice id choose McDavid.....but eichle really is much more physically stronger, seriously strong, and I really think he has the better shot. (Nasty, accurate, heavy).

I think id take McDavid on any breakaway, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eichle out scores McDavid in the first few years of playing in today's NHL.

Eichel is the exact type of player this team has needed for a decade. Not because of his consensus rating, but because of the things you mentioned. He's probably a 400 goal scorer.

I'm just being realistic. Eichel has a lot of reasons he may take another year for himself. He probably leaves. Also, just because a faction of the community bought into the Sabres pretty color pamphlet and the folks on Pegula Radio the past 2 years, doesn't change the reality of what will happen on and off the ice compared to 29 other teams. In 4-5 years, Murray's philosophy has them headed to be a good team with a realistic chance to do something.  

Eichle is the most NHL ready 18 yo I've seen in years.

Given the choice id choose McDavid.....but eichle really is much more physically stronger, seriously strong, and I really think he has the better shot. (Nasty, accurate, heavy).

I think id take McDavid on any breakaway, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eichle out scores McDavid in the first few years of playing in today's NHL.

*sigh*

Maybe Ted will give me 20% off at the SabreStore?

More than that. Maybe like one of those promotional stunt shopping sprees where you're allowed to take anything you can fit into a cart in 60 seconds? I'd pay $7.55 to see that.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Who's Frame?

:unsure:

An auto corrected Drane

Edit, I continued reading, the horse is pulp...

and

GODD is good, beer is great, and people are crazy...

not sure if those are the exact words to the song, but it's what the little voice in my head  kept singing after reading the last page.

Edited by Woods-Racer

against guys like Mike Weber who was the ONLY player that has been through the past 8 years of hell and would always answer the bell no matter what. He may not be an all-star, but he always steps up in weight class to fight when a teammate is wronged, blocks shots, clears the net, plays the body....there is not 1 other that has done so much for this team.

Man if only this weber guy could play hockey

Man if only this weber guy could play hockey

Terry likes 'im. He's a Pittsburgh fella. He gave Sid the business... down there.

That was 3 months in the making. I have no problems on a message board, ripping guys for lack of results. That was some sick stuff at the arena however.

I'm glad you came back to get it out, get it all out, there there. I wasn't looking forward to the tribute account Ghost of Ghost of Dwight Drane.

We are getting Jack Mother ###### Eichel!!!!!!

We already have Sam Mother ###### Reinhart!!!!!!

Has it sunk it yet?!?!

:beer:  :beer: :beer:  :beer:  

Call me a Buffalo sports pessimist, but I'll be happy only when I see him in a Sabres uniform.  For that to happen he needs to actually be drafted by the Sabres (not yet a done deal), and he needs to leave BU.  Who knows what maneuvering there will be before the draft, or what Eichel is thinking about in terms of staying at BU or not?

Call me a Buffalo sports pessimist, but I'll be happy only when I see him in a Sabres uniform.  For that to happen he needs to actually be drafted by the Sabres (not yet a done deal), and he needs to leave BU.  Who knows what maneuvering there will be before the draft, or what Eichel is thinking about in terms of staying at BU or not?

same here, as a fan watching two horrible seasons it would really suck to have him stay in school. Yes I get the long term picture but also i want to be able to watch a hockey team grow, with most prospects on the big club. I really think he has less than a 10% chance of staying in school.  

He is on a diff physical level than other prospects who have returned to NCAA

Well don't you start taking a wiz on my parade :P

I'd say there is a 99% chance he is the Sabres pick and 95% chance he declares after having a sit down with TM and TP.  I'm not letting those small percentages deter my enthusiasm.  I'm also very pumped for Reinhart next year.

I think you may be a few more than 4 beers in ...

;)

:flirt:

Wasn't I suppose to be the woose?  All year I was afraid the Sabres would blow it.  Now I'm as confident as anything Eichel will be in the Blue and gold next season.  We have a decade plus of watchable Sabres hockey.  It's going to be one fun hell of a ride.

LQ called on the Goos' "Better Days" in 2007, but it's a song that works much better now.

Well said Aud.  And if I was at all competent with video editing, I would have a new montage with that as the background song.