The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

I hope as pick number 2 this motivates Eichel throughout his career to prove he is the better player.  I like getting the US player too.  Don't bother dreaming about McDavid and I hope Murray doesn't try giving anything up for him.  Who knows who will be the best player.  Eichel is bigger and in today's NHL I think that's important.

Jack Eichel had 71 points (26G, 45A) and a +51 plus/minus in 40 games for the Boston U. Terriers this year.

I will always caveat that by saying against college goalies.  The fact that he did it as a freshman is what is really impressive.

Edmonton absolutely does not deserve the first pick, especially when they can't figure it out with their three #1 picks the prior 5 years. Sad.

They will have had 4 #1 picks in the last 6 years.  Hall, Yakupov, RNH and McDavid.  And Leon Draisaitl 3rd overall.

Edited by LGR4GM

Eichel pick rocks! Great to have the best newest USA hockey player!  Glad McDavid goes out west, no soup for Leafs!!  And Yotes...just dont feel like hockey town.Sorry Darcy!  trying to out tank us! Ok with Edmonton, good fans! Lucky bast***s too!

Edmonton absolutely does not deserve the first pick, especially when they can't figure it out with their three #1 picks the prior 5 years. Sad.

Edmonton does not deserve the first pick! Buffalo finishes last two years in a row and don't get the first pick either year. The lottery system is stupid. Period.

I would have been really sick if he had gone to some team with 90+ points.

Eichel pick rocks! Great to have the best newest USA hockey player!  Glad McDavid goes out west, no soup for Leafs!!  And Yotes...just dont feel like hockey town.Sorry Darcy!  trying to out tank us! Ok with Edmonton, good fans! Lucky bast***s too!

Agreed.  Very Happy Darcy didn't get McDavid and he's the one who really tanked the Sabres.  How was he here so long?  Terrible free agent signings and afraid to make any real moves.  He was so mild and indecisive.  Murray may not be perfect but at least he's got passion.

I can't wait to play Edmonton in the SCF and run their puny forwards over with Jack and Kane and Bogo.

Before that we can watch him at the World Championships

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25154310/nhl-draft-phenom-jack-eichel-to-play-for-usa-at-world-championship

"Eichel will go head-to-head against NHL players and pros from leagues around the world at the IIHF's annual tournament. It should be an interesting window to Eichel's readiness for professional hockey as he goes up against players he hopes will soon be his peers."

Why we tanked. Shart. Victory.

Exactly, so pumped he will be the face of the franchise. As nice as the number one pick would have obviously been the way the game is called in the playoffs eichel will do just fine.

It's been posted but

So I have no idea at all who the music is from in the video but there's verses in it that would make an excellent goal song for us! Oh, and the goal at 3:50 is just a goal.

...and current party boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUDmfdTxLew

Assuming he does become the next Modano, this could become a true statement.... Harbor Center could become the hotbed of youth hockey development for the U.S.

Cheers Jack! Welcome to Buffalo kid. Be great!

Edmonton, they had enough top picks. I would have rather had Arizona get McDavid. A player of his caliber could help that team and fan base. I'm in Las Vegas and Arizona has a nice arena but really needs a jolt of offense. Growing the game out West is good for hockey.

I could be wrong, but after watching all the highlights I feel like Eichel's style of play will translate better to the NHL than McDavid's, and I also think he's a better fit for the Sabres right now. He appears to be a much more aggressive player, stronger on the puck, and supremely confident. I'm sure McDavid will be a star, but I am not convinced that there is enough open ice in today's NHL for him to be as dominant as he has been in juniors. My gut tells me that this is the better scenario for Buffalo.

I'm only bummed that of all teams, Edmonton had to win the lottery. With all the blue chip talent they have drafted in recent years, they still stink. What a waste! Columbus would have been nice. But oh well.

I can't wait to play Edmonton in the SCF and run their puny forwards over with Jack and Kane and Bogo.

This is the correct attitude to have today. Hats off to you, sir (or madam)!

I could be wrong, but after watching all the highlights I feel like Eichel's style of play will translate better to the NHL than McDavid's, and I also think he's a better fit for the Sabres right now. He appears to be a much more aggressive player, stronger on the puck, and supremely confident. I'm sure McDavid will be a star, but I am not convinced that there is enough open ice in today's NHL for him to be as dominant as he has been in juniors. My gut tells me that this is the better scenario for Buffalo.

I'm only bummed that of all teams, Edmonton had to win the lottery. With all the blue chip talent they have drafted in recent years, they still stink. What a waste! Columbus would have been nice. But oh well.

Thank you, thank you, for this post. The best post I've read all night. Someone gets it.

That other thread is depressing as hell. Bunch of whining &@$)(.