The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

10 lbs of added muscle over the summer? 205 lbs. with lower body fat? This guy is a beast! 

He's also mature beyond his years. Can't wait to see him get started. Thanks for the link. 

GO SABRES!!!

Being in the spotlight the last few years has certainly helped, and some dam good parenting. Funny how solid parenting leads to productive kids.

Edited by DirtDart

Tyler Ennis has never eclipsed 60, and I still love that little guy.

It helps to put a mental filter in place that any time someone talks points for a player that you automatically subtract 20%. Then the numbers make sense. "Tyler Ennis should score 70 56 points with good line mates."

Does this mean he's going to grow his hair out to look (and in the case of last year, play) like a stereotypical stoner?

You can't just like, charge the net Jacky.  You gotta find the gaps the in the offense and eeeeaaaaassse your way towards the crease.

• 3 weeks later...

Eichel's getting paid, as in LeBron getting paid.

[Eichel] had signed an exclusive deal with Leaf Trading Cards. While the terms were not disclosed, Leaf CEO Brian Gray in a statement called the agreement “easily the most lucrative autograph trading deal for any rookie in the history of the sport. He joins the ranks of LeBron James, Cam Newton and Kris Bryant as the largest rookie autograph deals in their respective sport.”

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/09/01/jack-eichel-trading-card-autograph-deal-leaf

espn on Eichel's start of training camp; mostly just expectations of him, quotes of his talent from teammates, and living with Moulson. Some interviews with Ennis and Kane up top too

Having once upon a time lived in Doug Weight's guest house along with 2009 No. 1 draft pick John Tavares, Moulson offered to provide refuge for Eichel in his own home.

In fact, it was the New York Islanders captain who urged Moulson to make the offer to Eichel.

"As a family, we wanted to make sure he was comfortable and seeing firsthand some of the maybe challenges that await a young kid with that much pressure and skill level," Moulson said.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13679609/nhl-jack-eichel-first-training-camp-buffalo-sabres-anything-normal

Eichel's getting paid, as in LeBron getting paid.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/09/01/jack-eichel-trading-card-autograph-deal-leaf

espn on Eichel's start of training camp; mostly just expectations of him, quotes of his talent from teammates, and living with Moulson. Some interviews with Ennis and Kane up top too

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13679609/nhl-jack-eichel-first-training-camp-buffalo-sabres-anything-normal

This should be it's own thread.  Interesting stuff that if I didn't look in the 38 page thread under "2nd overall pick Jack Eichel signed" I would never have seen it.  Unless of course outside of this site.

But my point is there really aren't that many new threads started here - is there a reason?  Just wondering because it just seems like the same ones are in the opening page day after day after day.

Well that sucks. No one around me sells Leaf. And Upper Deck makes way better looking hockey cards. This annoys me actually. I'm sure Jack doesn't care, lol.

How big of a deal is not getting autographed rookie cards? He will still be featured in other card sets; just there definitely won't be any that come signed.

How big of a deal is not getting autographed rookie cards? He will still be featured in other card sets; just there definitely won't be any that come signed.

For me it's "eh, that sucks." But I'm a lightweight card collector looking for my favorite baseball and hockey players. For the hardcore collectors, it's all about exclusivity. That will most likely end up being THE card. The Jack Eichel rookie. And it will be ugly as sin with no sabres logo. Just some blue practice looking jersey.

For me it's "eh, that sucks." But I'm a lightweight card collector looking for my favorite baseball and hockey players. For the hardcore collectors, it's all about exclusivity. That will most likely end up being THE card. The Jack Eichel rookie. And it will be ugly as sin with no sabres logo. Just some blue practice looking jersey.

ok. Thanks for the explanation. Haven't collected hockey cards seriously since ~ '92.

Does this mean jack is prevented from signing cards for fans unless they are leaf cards? If so I can see that causing some friction with fans. Or is this just for in pack signed cards?

Depends on the contract language. I doubt it though. I'll talk to my card guy tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does this mean jack is prevented from signing cards for fans unless they are leaf cards? If so I can see that causing some friction with fans. Or is this just for in pack signed cards?

Depends on the contract language. I doubt it though. I'll talk to my card guy tomorrow or Wednesday.

I believe it does mean exactly that

Eichel was excused from the autograph portion of the event...Gray and his company, and a big blow to his competition, which can still make cards of Eichel but will suffer from the absence of signatures from the potential Rookie of the Year. It’s also an interesting dilemma for the NHL Players’ Association....if high profile rookies like Eichel make a habit of signing exclusive deals with non-licensed companies, one of the PA’s  significant revenue sources would take a hit.