The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

So you're saying that you took the Bud Light?

Almost. With the craft beer explosion it doesn't happen as often these days, but it wasn't too long ago when you'd go out to dinner and some places only offered bud, Miller, Coors and the like. I'd have water with those meals too.

Freaking beer snobs. I don't care for light beer because I personally prefer the full calories and alcohol content so I tend to go for Ice versions, but that being said my go to choice is usually Milwaukee's Best Ice and when I go to some restaurant or bar that doesn't have a wide selection, my default is generally Budweiser rather than going through the rapid fire Q&A session of "Do you carry this? No, how about that?, etc.

Sure the mass produced stuff isn't hand crafted by some beer geek in his basement who is constantly trying to find new ways to either cram as many hops into a batch as he can or else trying to infuse his latest concoction with whatever fruity nonsense is currently tickling his fancy and it wasn't made from an ancient recipe found in a church from some 700 year old Franciscan monk in the dark ages, but it gets the job done. I salute Murray and Eichel for drinking the hallowed yellow corn water of the unpretentious while you guys have fun paying 10 times the price for whatever pumpkin spice ale infused with cloves or oatmeal stout with blueberries and mango kiwi pale ale nonsense.

Maybe if your beer was any good to begin with, you wouldn't have to spike it with all the other filler and you could stick with the classic recipe of water, malt, hops, and yeast.

Did I start this, or was it going to happen on its own?

For the record. Anti beer Snob here. Drunkard and I drink the same stuff. I just go for Blue and Molson where he digs the Milwaukee beers if I recall correctly.

Did I start this, or was it going to happen on its own?

For the record. Anti beer Snob here. Drunkard and I drink the same stuff. I just go for Blue and Molson where he digs the Milwaukee beers if I recall correctly.

Yes, sir. We are fellow swill drinkers. I like Labbatt Blue and Molson except that they are more expensive down here (NC) so I stick with the cheap stuff and usually only drink those when I'm up in NY or I'm at the Canes arena and can find the Labbatt cart/line since everything is overpriced in the arena anyway so I might as well drinking something I don't normally get if I'm going to overpay anyway.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/08/eichel-buffalo-fans-a-factor-in-potential-decision-to-turn-pro-after-nhl-draft/

"I'm always on Twitter and Instagram and that's where I kind of realized how crazy the Buffalo fans really were," said Eichel, who added the fans are just one factor in his decision. "Buffalo is a pretty good fit so it definitely factors in."

Basically, he's being diplomatic.  He's not saying anything about whether he will stay in college or bolt for the NHL.  And I don't blame him.  If he stays another year, I think I'm okay with that (assuming no injuries next year); let Bylsma build the best team he can next year, then insert Eichel after that.  So make the team good on its own, then add the capstone.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

The problem isn't what Eichel staying at BU means for next years Sabres team but rather what it does for his development and therefore future Sabres teams. His coach, Murray, and every analyst agree he has nothing more to learn from college

"If McDavid goes back to junior, and Eichel turns pro but spends the year in Rochester, then he burns a year off his entry level deal, meaning he'll get to his next contract one year earlier than McDavid, and can potentially get to unrestricted free agency one year earlier than McDavid. That's a personal advantage for Eichel, but a disadvantage for the Sabres organization."

Not trying to bash posters on Buffalo News, but this is why I rarely take a look at what they have to say.

Giving a major thumbs up to you guys.  :thumbsup:

And ha Don't know why I quoted everything the guy had to say. I quit reading half way through the first sentence. 

Edited by Thanes16

drinking the hallowed yellow corn water of the unpretentious while you guys have fun paying 10 times the price for whatever pumpkin spice ale infused with cloves or oatmeal stout with blueberries and mango kiwi pale ale nonsense.

this was excellent.

but, no real need to call people out and say they're out of line or whatever because of their beer tastes (although your rant here was a good one). to each their own. i'm sure you'd have it the same way.

so, yeah, that goes for beer snobs as well (perhaps especially): if someone wants a milwaukee ice or whatever, keep yer yap shut. or, open yer yap and pour some of that stuff down your throat (which will help you chill out).

Except Fosters, which is easily the worst beer I've ever tried to drink.

Jesus. It is awful, isn't it?

My favorite macro yellow fizzy beers are Lionshead (PA) and Genny Light. 

I drank a bunch of blue light / bud light at Canal Days this weekend as it was the only thing they were serving outdoors. I could choke it down but my hangover was twice as bad as normal. I had to drink another six pack of the same swill early Sunday just to get back to a functional level.

Freaking beer snobs. I don't care for light beer because I personally prefer the full calories and alcohol content so I tend to go for Ice versions, but that being said my go to choice is usually Milwaukee's Best Ice and when I go to some restaurant or bar that doesn't have a wide selection, my default is generally Budweiser rather than going through the rapid fire Q&A session of "Do you carry this? No, how about that?, etc.Sure the mass produced stuff isn't hand crafted by some beer geek in his basement who is constantly trying to find new ways to either cram as many hops into a batch as he can or else trying to infuse his latest concoction with whatever fruity nonsense is currently tickling his fancy and it wasn't made from an ancient recipe found in a church from some 700 year old Franciscan monk in the dark ages, but it gets the job done. I salute Murray and Eichel for drinking the hallowed yellow corn water of the unpretentious while you guys have fun paying 10 times the price for whatever pumpkin spice ale infused with cloves or oatmeal stout with blueberries and mango kiwi pale ale nonsense.Maybe if your beer was any good to begin with, you wouldn't have to spike it with all the other filler and you could stick with the classic recipe of water, malt, hops, and yeast.

A stunning level of ignorance regarding beer and it's varying styles in this post. Love 'em or hate 'em, American lagers and light lagers are essentially dumbed down versions of their European counterparts. Target mass appeal and slick advertising campaigns make them popular with large swaths of the American beer consuming public. I agree that they have their place. So does McDonalds.

A stunning level of ignorance regarding beer and it's varying styles in this post. Love 'em or hate 'em, American lagers and light lagers are essentially dumbed down versions of their European counterparts. Target mass appeal and slick advertising campaigns make them popular with large swaths of the American beer consuming public. I agree that they have their place. So does McDonalds.

I'm surprised you deign to associate with such commoners.

How's the view from up on that horse? :)