GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Okay here is a scenario:  Reinhart stays in Rochester, Hoby Baker Boy stays in Beantown and Sabres compete for Austen.

I'm fine with that.  I'd rather not see these young superstars play before they are ready.  If they are ready fine but if they aren't I don't want to make them doubt their exceptional talents.

Okay here is a scenario:  Reinhart stays in Rochester, Hoby Baker Boy stays in Beantown and Sabres compete for Austen.

It could happen, but I think the Sabres will be a remote shot this year.  Or maybe I just hope so.  they have to start getting better, right?

I'm happy to have Eichel if that's how it plays out on draft day. He's American so he could end up leading USA to the gold someday. Eichel also is regarded as more of an elite power forward as opposwd to finesse and may hold up better in the playoff grind. In Eichel we trust. Question is what number does he pick? 9 is clearly taken by Kane, maybe 15 like under 18 USA a couple years ago?

Will be interesting to see how Eichel does against men at the World Championships in a couple weeks.

I wanted Eichel all along. Think his combination of size strength and speed will translate better to the NHL than McDavids flashy moves.

The Mayor John Hoven @mayorNHL 12m12 minutes ago

For you lotto freaks... #Oilers won the draft lottery with balls 5-14-6-1... so, #LAKings were eliminated after the second ball dropped

So after the 3rd ball dropped, Toronto had the best odds of winning.

Buf 3, 11, 12

Edm 1, 10

Tor 2, 7, 8, 13

Car 4

CBJ 9

After 5-14-6 were picked, the #leafs had the highest chance of getting McDavid heading to last ball: TOR (4x), BUF (3x), EDM (2x) CAR, CBJ.

I missed something, what happened?

You type quicker!  #Analytics

The 2 year tank was for 1/2 pick last year and McEichel. It was never about a 20% chance at Mcdavid. Having said that, let's not pretend that McDavid isn't on a whole nother level than Eichel.

I am a lot more upset than I thought I was going to be when Edmonton won it. I just keep thinking about how close OUR team was to getting a Crosby.

Can this be the Sabres new intro song?  I especially like the 2nd verse. "Long live the pioneers, rebels, and mutineers."  I feel like we are the young renegades of the NHL and I love it.  Also the song builds (just cut out the last 30 seconds) 

Babcock ain't coming. I have come to terms with that. Hopefully Buffalo has a coach come the official draft day. Babcock in T.O? I see that as a possibility also. No shortage of cash there and the challenge is immense. Pat Burns and Quinn did well there. No reason to think Mike wouldn't join Shanny in the big market. Help rebuild that franchise also. Going to be fun in the next few months to see where all these chips fall. I tend to believe it just may be Luke Richardson in Buffalo.

i thought this thread was about the draft lottery, not who the next coach of the Sabres will be? Plus, no one has suggested Babcock is coming to Buff anyhow ..... anyhow, not sure where you're going with this

i thought this thread was about the draft lottery, not who the next coach of the Sabres will be? Plus, no one has suggested Babcock is coming to Buff anyhow ..... anyhow, not sure where you're going with this

I was thinking the same thing.  

Will be interesting to see how Eichel does against men at the World Championships in a couple weeks.

I wanted Eichel all along. Think his combination of size strength and speed will translate better to the NHL than McDavids flashy moves.

I agree.  There's not so much room to maneuver in the NHL.  Plus you have to be sturdy.  I just don't think McDavid will ever be that strong.  Anyway, we knew it all alone.  A Buffalo sports team will never get lucky. 

Can this be the Sabres new intro song?  I especially like the 2nd verse. "Long live the pioneers, rebels, and mutineers."  I feel like we are the young renegades of the NHL and I love it.  Also the song builds (just cut out the last 30 seconds) 

And then the Jeep Renegade would be the official tiny SUV of the Buffalo Sabres?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.