The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Man, I'm hoping Babcock ends up in Buffalo. It'd attract free agents and increase the chances of Eichel leaving BU. The Eichel remark coming from many, certainly not all, Buffalo Sabres/Bills fans. Regularly having some type of worry or concern. I fall w/ the fans that manage to find some type believe it when I see it.  :doh:

I'm not sure if this changed with new ownership, but when Golisano owned the Sabres the only form of payment for the medical doctors was comp tickets

That explains......Connoly's neck/head, McKee's MRSA, Roy's knee, Tallinder's arm, Briere's/Kalinin's/Dumont's/Gaustad's sports hernias, all being handled like they were with them missing months of time after poor diagnosis or treatment.

Chiarelli met with McClellan to discuss a potential hire. Nothing major, but it does seem weird that GMTM hasn't at least met with other coaching candidates. I hope this doesn't become a case where he's too fixated on the big prize to prepare for not getting it (i.e. McDavid)

Chiarelli met with McClellan to discuss a potential hire. Nothing major, but it does seem weird that GMTM hasn't at least met with other coaching candidates. I hope this doesn't become a case where he's too fixated on the big prize to prepare for not getting it (i.e. McDavid)

How do you know Mr. Murray hasn't met with anyone.

Have you ever played poker?  No stakes, of course.

You sure about the game ticket? When I talked to him about two years ago he told me he never stayed for the game because he didn't get a ticket.

I had heard the same thing a couple years ago.   Seems petty on the Sabres part.

Edited by LabattBlue

If he is set on Babcock, I hope he doesn't go public about it. Remarks he made about McDavid during season/after draft were a complete.... :doh:

Edited by GoPre

I had heard the same thing a couple years ago.   Seems petty on the Sabres part.

Anyone know if Allen has a union card?  That might, and I do mean might, have something to do with it.

And it begins:

McKenzie: DET has granted Mike Babcock permission to talk to other NHL teams. Window open til late May. Doesn't mean Babcock leaving DET, window open.

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

I'll bet his phone already rang.  It was that same 716-500-0000 number.  Only this time they didn't hang up when he answered.

it was Murray.. he asked "get my message?"

And it begins:

McKenzie: DET has granted Mike Babcock permission to talk to other NHL teams. Window open til late May. Doesn't mean Babcock leaving DET, window open.

Why just til late May?

The rock-star treatment is at its fullest in First Niagara Center, of course. After he sings, Allen heads to the 100 level, where he stands at the back of a section for a period or two, talking to fans and posing for pictures before heading home to his family. As he walks through the halls, fans greet him with, “Dougie!!!” and dish out the praise.

http://www.buffalonews.com/spotlight/sabres-anthem-guy-leads-purposeful-life-beyond-center-ice-20140119

Holland says that anybody who hired Mike Babcock will have to give the team three third rounders (one in each of the next three seasons). Said to put May 25th on the letter.

Looks like we have our price and our deadline.

Holland says that anybody who hired Mike Babcock will have to give the team three third rounders (one in each of the next three seasons). Said to put May 25th on the letter.

Looks like we have our price and our deadline.

Dont we have three in this draft?

Just checked, zero in this draft, 4 in 2016.

I'm assuming to give Detroit a chance to match any offer.

That, and if Babcock says 'don't match this, I'm leaving' there will still be several good coaches available. Waiting until July to find out he isn't coming back severely limits their options as some of those guys will have been scarfed up. This coming @ a time when Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't have that many more kicks at the can; they definitely don't want to have to drop below their 2nd choice if they can help it.

I think he ends up in Edmonton, but it's far from a certainty.

I'm really starting to think there is no chance he ends up in Edmonton. Reasons are; family, Canada will take half his contract right off the bat( so if he gets 5mil a year they will take 2.5mil right of, so it's really only a 500thousand raise to go to Edmonton), and finally Babcock wants more final say on the roster and I don't think he will get that with Chiarelli.