Sabres fire Ted Nolan

Hoss

I am a bit torn on this one. Sort of like blaming the soldiers and officers when the politicians bear more of the responsibility. I was a Bills season ticket holder from 1986 until February. My Dad had them from 1974. I haven't lived in WNY since 1990. But I renewed every year because I thought it might help keep the team and because I felt a part of something. When they hired Ryan I knew I didn't want to be part of whatever they believe it is they are building. I hope against hope that the Sabres don't become the same. While I don't believe Nolan earned another go, I just think it is all is a bit unseemly. I'll be fine just need to go shower.

Uhh...the Bills are building a team that will go to the playoffs?  Yeah, why would anyone want to stockpile possibly the most talent on an NFL roster?  Its sheer madness...

Karma is a bitch Murray. It would serve you right if you didn't get the number one pick and had Eichel instead. (and lets be honest, McDavid is who we want) Then ask yourself, does Babcock come with Eichel in tow and not McDavid? Karma is a bitch if Babcock doesn't end up here either. Now it will get very interesting to see who coaches this club. This could go south in a hurry sportsfans. What looked so promising at one point may turn out completely different. Going to be one hell of a summer in Western New York. Sure there is a load of talented youngsters in Buffalo's future. Hopw we get "the right coach" for them now. This rebuild gets seriously slower if there is no McDavid and no Babcock. You heard it here first. If it is Luke Richardson (whom I liked as a player) I wish him all the best and hope he shoves it right up my @$$! I have to say, if we don't get McDavid, I will start to worry.

Uhh...the Bills are building a team that will go to the playoffs?  Yeah, why would anyone want to stockpile possibly the most talent on an NFL roster?  Its sheer madness...

My issue is Ryan. And the Bills will not make the playoffs with him at the helm. Bank it. He has never developed a single player he is user, burn em up, give me more. Anyway there should be seats on the 35 for your enjoyment.

From Buffalo News article today explaining what might have been the cause:

" Nolan had difficulty putting together his coaching staff last summer, and failed to bring in a proven defensive-minded assistant to groom Buffalo's young core of defensemen, who struggled with consistency this season.

Nolan also had a poor working relationship with general manager Tim Murray, as the two barely consulted this year."

Nolan was pissed about some of the players he wanted being in Rochester and probably having a revolving door in goal most of the year...he knew what he was signing up for, but probably din't think it would be this bad...

Least surprising news of the year?

I am a bit torn on this one. Sort of like blaming the soldiers and officers when the politicians bear more of the responsibility. I was a Bills season ticket holder from 1986 until February. My Dad had them from 1974. I haven't lived in WNY since 1990. But I renewed every year because I thought it might help keep the team and because I felt a part of something. When they hired Ryan I knew I didn't want to be part of whatever they believe it is they are building. I hope against hope that the Sabres don't become the same. While I don't believe Nolan earned another go, I just think it is all is a bit unseemly. I'll be fine just need to go shower.

Wow, this may be the most amazing post I have ever read on TBD/SS.

Karma is a bitch Murray. It would serve you right if you didn't get the number one pick and had Eichel instead. (and lets be honest, McDavid is who we want) Then ask yourself, does Babcock come with Eichel in tow and not McDavid? Karma is a bitch if Babcock doesn't end up here either. Now it will get very interesting to see who coaches this club. This could go south in a hurry sportsfans. What looked so promising at one point may turn out completely different. Going to be one hell of a summer in Western New York. Sure there is a load of talented youngsters in Buffalo's future. Hopw we get "the right coach" for them now. This rebuild gets seriously slower if there is no McDavid and no Babcock. You heard it here first. If it is Luke Richardson (whom I liked as a player) I wish him all the best and hope he shoves it right up my @$$! I have to say, if we don't get McDavid, I will start to worry.

Karma has nothing to do with it.  If you're the GM of the team, you can't have a head coach that you can't work with.  Murray did the right thing.  Nolan wasn't his hire and it doesn't sound like they were ever on the same page.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.