The Official Sabre Fan Amnesty Thread

X. Benedict

This was painful. It was hard. The team we loved was just plain bad. Things were said. We as a fan base sunk to lows not thought possible. We can all unite around cheering  this team heartily tomorrow. Maybe knock off the Pens too. Really these Sabres have nothing to hang their heads about.  Many will never play here again and deserve a respectful sendoff. 

Everyone forgiven, No hard feelings, brighter days ahead. 

Sign on if you agree,

X.B.

Screw that bunk. Oh, all right, we'll take the tankers and anti-tankers, but we don't want the Panthers' fans. (Mumbling) Oh, ok, we'll take the Panthers' fans too. (YEEEEAAAAAA!)

:beer:

From this day forward we collectively cheer for our Sabres. No more Tank bullshite. Its all about winning baby. Full on support for the team building that will now take place. One for all and all for one. United we stand , divided we fall. Sabres one and all. Damn corny but thats how I'm feeling.

A creed I shall live by. Thanks for saying what's in my heart. I love the Sabres, want them to win desperately, and tonight marks the end of the dismantling (which I wanted all along). Let's win tomorrow and then it's win ALWAYS!

I never picked a side. But I'll be chearing for a win tomorrow. Like a breath of fresh clean spring air..

I think you had a side.  You're far too intelligent not to have chosen a path.  That being said, the tank is dead and we can return to loving hockey.

We are like the Corleones or more specifically.... all the Newport families that that secretly sold drugs and guns before they passed the hot potatoe onto the next family... the sabre family is going legit!   ,,, with our booty still intact after crossing the border of that final loss... after all the acrimony and infighting, harmony reigns supreme as our dirty little secret.... almost appeared (ha ha) to nearly slip thru our fingers,  suddenly, never existed... my lips are moving but nothings coming out etc...  (We are all bonded like the criminals who got away with it, I like it.. the American way. Fix the problem. Done. Next).. and all that was wounded was the season ticketholders and the fragile pride of a few players who (in the end or all along) did us proud. Fan Appreciation day will also turn into, player appreciation, gratitude and sympathy day, as our crafty devil laughs in the background building us the winner Buffalo truly deserves..  We have lost our innocence and are ready to play with the big boys again, Punch would be proud.

Should we feel dirty, or bad for wanting this last place finish?

Of course. No one's hands are clean. Well, almost no one's. There's a price to be paid, and many paid it. Some went way too far. I will never forget the face of the "fan" in the Buffalo News photo, turning around to taunt the people around him after a Phoenix goal. It was all one big morality play. How badly do you want a Cup? Enough to support the destruction of your team, to the point of mentally rooting or openly cheering for losses? I am ashamed that at the end I got to rooting against. Done bun can't be undone. I do admire those who didn't waver, but how do they now carry on like nothing happened? How do they cheer Connor McDavid's first goal as a Sabre?

Of course. No one's hands are clean. Well, almost no one's. There's a price to be paid, and many paid it. Some went way too far. I will never forget the face of the "fan" in the Buffalo News photo, turning around to taunt the people around him after a Phoenix goal. It was all one big morality play. How badly do you want a Cup? Enough to support the destruction of your team, to the point of mentally rooting or openly cheering for losses? I am ashamed that at the end I got to rooting against. Done bun can't be undone. I do admire those who didn't waver, but how do they now carry on like nothing happened? How do they cheer Connor McDavid's first goal as a Sabre?

As you know, I am not a big fan of cheering against the Sabres in the building.  That said, how do you know the fan in the picture was taunting people?  Looks to me that he was celebrating with his friend who was a few rows behind him.

I think it will be pretty easy to move on and I for one will be very excited for each and every goal.

As you know, I am not a big fan of cheering against the Sabres in the building.  That said, how do you know the fan in the picture was taunting people?  Looks to me that he was celebrating with his friend who was a few rows behind him.

His face is my case!

What's done is done.  My choices are to cheer for McEichel or no longer be a fan.  It's entertainment for cripes sake.  What's the point of holding a grudge about how it happened?

It's over.  It had to be done and I'll have no regrets even if it doesn't end up working.  At the same time those who only supported it reluctantly or never at all shouldn't have any regrets either about their stance.  Now is the time to move forward and get back to some normal fan bickering about how to best position this team for success.  

This was painful. It was hard. The team we loved was just plain bad. Things were said. We as a fan base sunk to lows not thought possible. We can all unite around cheering  this team heartily tomorrow. Maybe knock off the Pens too. Really these Sabres have nothing to hang their heads about.  Many will never play here again and deserve a respectful sendoff. 

Everyone forgiven, No hard feelings, brighter days ahead. 

Sign on if you agree,

X.B. 

What do you expect when the family coat of arms is a straight jacket.

It's all good brother, besides who said we all had to agree all the time anyway. 

And with this and you I do agree whole heartedly.

thats

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.