The Official Sabre Fan Amnesty Thread

X. Benedict

Personally I feel like the movie The Purge, we as fans have been through the wood shredder, through the in-complacency and ups and downs of two seasons.  Through the night we've come to the point where all of that is shed including the crime of rooting against our team all season.  But, we've bottomed out and gotten on the other side and a new day has come up.   Looking forward to Connor McDavid, because this team is justified in doing its due diligence to slice and dice the roster down to the bones only to watch it regrow.  I'm ready to go forward and I personally apologize for my "tankist" attitude.  I'm ready to root for this team like I did in 2006 up to game 7, and so on and so forth!

This was painful. It was hard. The team we loved was just plain bad. Things were said. We as a fan base sunk to lows not thought possible. We can all unite around cheering  this team heartily tomorrow. Maybe knock off the Pens too. Really these Sabres have nothing to hang their heads about.  Many will never play here again and deserve a respectful sendoff. 

Everyone forgiven, No hard feelings, brighter days ahead. 

Sign on if you agree,

X.B. 

I'm in, X.B.

Born in Buffalo, live south of Columbus...watched the game from comfort of living room while continuing the onslaught of my liver.   Ipa after ipa after ipa after ipa, CBJ 3rd period goal and I found myself again.

LETS GO BUFFALO crush antarctic birds and take out ehrhoff good please

I never wavered in my strong stance against the tank.

I accused the Sabres and Coyotes of being cheaters.  I still believe that, on some level.  They mostly cheated their fans.

I never hoped for a loss, but I am happy we can put this behind us.  Weave is right.  I am a Sabres fan.

I answered TrueBlue's question concerning either of the big 2 scoring a playoff winner by having mixed feelings, at least.  That will likely be the case, but I am a fan and want the team to win a cup.

Anyway, I am happy to be on board XB.

I will never bring up my anti-tank stance again.  What's done is done.

I love you all (even the guy formerly know as *tank*).  We are all brothers and sisters in Sabre Nation.

NS

GO SABRES!!

This was painful. It was hard. The team we loved was just plain bad. Things were said. We as a fan base sunk to lows not thought possible. We can all unite around cheering  this team heartily tomorrow. Maybe knock off the Pens too. Really these Sabres have nothing to hang their heads about.  Many will never play here again and deserve a respectful sendoff. 

Everyone forgiven, No hard feelings, brighter days ahead. 

Sign on if you agree,

X.B. 

Yes.

Totally agree.  Nice thread, XB.

It's nice to have a few hockey events to look forward to:

- Game tonight vs Pens

- Lottery -- 1 week from today

- Return of GoDD and nervous tension as to whether he can keep it in bounds this time

- New coach -- I can totally see TP taking a big swing at Babcock

- Draft

- Free agency season

- New lineup to debate

- Opening night

Go Sabres.

I never wavered in my strong stance against the tank.

I accused the Sabres and Coyotes of being cheaters.  I still believe that, on some level.  They mostly cheated their fans.

I never hoped for a loss, but I am happy we can put this behind us.  Weave is right.  I am a Sabres fan.

I answered TrueBlue's question concerning either of the big 2 scoring a playoff winner by having mixed feelings, at least.  That will likely be the case, but I am a fan and want the team to win a cup.

Anyway, I am happy to be on board XB.

I will never bring up my anti-tank stance again.  What's done is done.

I love you all (even the guy formerly know as *tank*).  We are all brothers and sisters in Sabre Nation.

NS

GO SABRES!!

I disagree. This was a front office and fan phenomenon. Murray couldn't help it because Regier was the one that started it. Regier was a terrible evaluator of talent and would sign the wrong guys. I have much more confidence that Murray knows what he is doing. The teams gave their best efforts at least toward the end of the season when the tank talk was on and the youngsters improved their play. This was the best case scenario because the team has something to build on and we have McEichel. The fans got carried away with the tank but what else was there to do once we fell into last place than hope we retained it?

Totally agree.  Nice thread, XB.

It's nice to have a few hockey events to look forward to:

- Game tonight vs Pens

- Lottery -- 1 week from today

- Return of GoDD and nervous tension as to whether he can keep it in bounds this time

- New coach -- I can totally see TP taking a big swing at Babcock

- Draft

- Free agency season

- New lineup to debate

- Opening night

Go Sabres.

Well, it was a helluva shart.

I was 10 yrs old when they entered the league and used to sleep in the Aud. lobby for tickets. Never once did I cheer against this team...except for last night. It was the strangest feeling I've ever had as a Buffalo sports fan. I hope to never be put in that position again. I want them to send the Pens golfing tonight. Will be yelling loudly at the TV for their biggest win in years...and yes, I want Ted back next year.

smj,

Disagree with what exactly?

-----

nfreeman,

Is GoDD back as of tomorrow?

I will need to prepare accordingly.

I disagree that the Sabres and Coyotes were cheaters. Management strategically made decisions for the future while the team played its best.

His face is my case!

That man is forgiven.

Sorry sabres but I have a more important game to watch tonight. Please forgive me for my transgressions.

You are understandably on a scouting assignment. Forgiven.

Im in ..I stayed pretty much away since we blew Drury and Danny oughta here for no reason..But this is sweet and necessary....

Darcy.......Hmmmm?...too soon.

I do have to tip my hat to Dark, Weave, Bio and a few others I am surely forgetting who remained steadfast in your beliefs about the Tank. Many disagreed with you but you stayed the course. Cheers!

Good to be back.

I was just going to comment that you hadn't been seen in these here parts for awhile.

I was just going to comment that you hadn't been seen in these here parts for awhile.

Too much other stress in my life right now, and this place had become another stressor rather than an escape. Glad to have the tank over with so SS can return to being an enjoyable distraction.

Edit: Meant to thank Brawndo earlier for the nod. :beer:

Edited by biodork

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.