The Perfect Storm of Incompetence and the Coming Fan Revolt

PASabreFan

Last night I had a nightmare and it was terrifying. I think I saw the Devil Himself. I think it may have been Battista. I mean no one knows what he looks like. Is Battista Satan? You tell me?

No....... Satan played RW..... '96 - '04.... and everybody knows what he looks like.

I really don't care about anything that has happened in this franchise up until tonight. 

IF the Sabres lose tonight, I'm 100% happy with the franchise..in just about every way possible.

Should they win tonight and find a way to blow 30th tomorrow also....I won't have what I want to look forward to...so I will hold this...and most other things mentioned here...against them as a bitter fan...for a long while at least.

But right now...them losing in regulation tonight is all that matters.

Hated by some fans in Buffalo, but admired by the rest of the World, if Nolan pulls this off.  I have to go out of town, so will not see what happens or fan reaction.  I expect Sabres to lose tonight, but do not hope for it.  Have fun.  Adieu.  

ps. I will be back in time for massive revolt, @fakegorby.  I wouldn't miss it for all of the vodka in Mongolia.

Hated by some fans in Buffalo, but admired by the rest of the World, if Nolan pulls this off.  I have to go out of town, so will not see what happens or fan reaction.  I expect Sabres to lose tonight, but do not hope for it.  Have fun.  Adieu.  

ps. I will be back in time for massive revolt, @fakegorby.  I wouldn't miss it for all of the vodka in Mongolia.

Mwah. Parting you is such sweet sorrow.

It's not about the city. It's about the Sabres. I think a reasonable person could say he's been great for the community but has been a terrible owner.

As for the Rigases, maybe they're terrible people, I really don't know. But their money, or their company's money, was important to the Sabres when the Knoxes were majority owners. And that money paid Hasek a king's ransom to come within two wins of a Cup. Get back to me when Terry gets that close.

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I'll save your post. Let's just agree that the first time the Sabres make the playoffs and go out in the first round, there will be no "I told you so"s.

Dude, it's almost over. Go to Bailey Discound Liquor and Wine, chug-a-lug a gallon of Thunderbird or Mad Dog 20-20. When you wake up again, it'll all be over and the least of your problems will be what place the Sabres end up in and neither will you care. Be thirsty my friend.

Old man lying by the side of the road

With the lorries rolling by

Blue sabre uniforms sinking from the weight of the load

And the buildings cheering Penguins

Cold wind ripping down the alley at dawn

And the morning paper flies

Drunk man (fakegorby) lying by the side of the road

With the daylight in his eyes

Don't let it bring you down

It's only castles burning

Find someone who's turning

And you will come around

I hope they win and in the ensuing chaos and mass carnage all of the people who have suspended normal logical function eradicate themselves from the gene pool.

That sound elitist at all?  It's not meant to. 

Not at all. I think it was the restraint in your tone.

I hope they win and in the ensuing chaos and mass carnage all of the people who have suspended normal logical function eradicate themselves from the gene pool.

That sound elitist at all? It's not meant to.

If you say it with a smile you can get away most anything so here goes, go 7$@&&! Yourself :) Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

I thought those were some very valid crtiques until Murray came along. Pegula did seem to make a lot of early mistakes. He misjudged Regier completely, for example. Regier was indecisive and a terrible evaluator of talent. I think he finally learned though and building back with Murray is the right step. I believe Murray will be a good GM and knows what he's doing. He completed the tank without hurting the integrity of the game as the team played hard. The trade for Kane was a good risk because those guys weren't performing for the Buffalo and we weren't going to have the pieces around them quick enough. Once we get close Pegula will open the checkbook and Murray will fill in the last remaining pieces. It's nice to finally be looking forward to the future!

Edited by smj

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.